SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Wed 06.07.2011, 20:33

Excuses as to why you couldn't make it will be required otherwise you have to put double into the kitty. AND they have to be good back up able excuses.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nige » Wed 06.07.2011, 22:01

Just got back from a day in London.

Jim, tried to call you on mobile but no joy. I have the Club Lotus provided tickets for Donington which I'd planned to bring to the H&C tonight. I'll be in touch.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Wed 06.07.2011, 23:43

chris.t wrote:Excuses as to why you couldn't make it will be required otherwise you have to put double into the kitty. AND they have to be good back up able excuses.


I hope my excuse will be acceptable:

I ran the Yateley 10k - beaten by my 18yo son for the first time :-( See here for confirmation

Was intending to come along, but didn't get back home until almost 9pm.

Hopefully next month!
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Thu 07.07.2011, 09:01

chris.t wrote:Excuses as to why you couldn't make it will be required otherwise you have to put double into the kitty. AND they have to be good back up able excuses.


Chris

Sorry I was washing my hair and my elan!
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Thu 07.07.2011, 10:49

Well, I went -Billy No Mates - I didn't post before because I'd lost my password and couldn't be arsed to restore it.

It was a last minute decision in any case because the old girl has been playing up (I've had a few challenges with the Elan, too ;) )

Maybe next month?

Bye for now


Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Thu 07.07.2011, 14:17

muley wrote:Well, I went -Billy No Mates - I didn't post before because I'd lost my password and couldn't be arsed to restore it.


Spoken like a true mod. :lol:
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Thu 07.07.2011, 21:55

sorry was up in London at a black tie do at the royal albert Hall
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby tonny006 » Thu 07.07.2011, 22:39

Nickydee wrote:
Chris

Sorry I was washing my hair and my elan!


I can't be guilty of either of these excuses for obvious reasons.

The wife was out at a concert, and I had to look after the kids
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Mon 01.08.2011, 13:33

Assuming it stays fine I was thinking of taking a detour via the A3 Hindhead tunnel either on the way or way back from Wednesdays meet to test out the acoustics!!!

Just wondering if anybody would like to join me!

Regards

Nick
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Mon 01.08.2011, 21:57

I'll be going to H+C but I'll skip the exhaustfest - I'lll be a trifle late as I am incinerating some bangers and chicken thighs for the local biddies


Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Mon 01.08.2011, 22:25

Sorry won't be there this month but will be next. Jim will fill you in with the details.

Cheers Chris
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nige » Tue 02.08.2011, 10:11

I will be there with Donington tickets etc for Jim and after almost 2 years the S2 back on the road.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Tue 02.08.2011, 19:04

I will be in the office in Camberley so could meet you somewhere after work and go thro together - the Peco exhaust makes a wonderful tunnel noise :-)

Give me a call Nicky - mobile is 07785 293305 or 0755 441 9482

Martin

Nickydee wrote:Assuming it stays fine I was thinking of taking a detour via the A3 Hindhead tunnel either on the way or way back from Wednesdays meet to test out the acoustics!!!

Just wondering if anybody would like to join me!

Regards

Nick
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby rjbean » Fri 05.08.2011, 19:01

Thanks for the nice evening, it was good to see you all again. See you next time
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Sat 06.08.2011, 09:52

Yes, it was good to see some old faces ;)

Nickydee arrive after you left Rob.

Attendees

self
Nige
Rob S
Nick the heating engineer
Martin
Nickydee
Rob B

all with Elans!!

Too much chat to see your video, Martin - maybe next month..?

Safe journeys one and all / see you next month

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Sat 06.08.2011, 12:02

I will bring my laptop next time again - so you can see the laps :-)
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Thu 11.08.2011, 21:59

Sorry - on holiday this month, but will be there next time.
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Fri 12.08.2011, 18:43

one for Chris - at the Newbury Classic Car show

Image
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Tue 06.09.2011, 20:59

Sorry I missed this Martin, non original wheels but it is the right colour 8)

Is anyone going tomorrow?

cheers Chris
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Tue 06.09.2011, 22:21

I'll be there Chris.
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests