SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Thu 05.09.2013, 15:58

Good turnout last night - 4 Elans - with a nice procession of 3 going home..

Nick (ydee)
Chris
Deirdre
Mark (thanks for the return of the wheels)
Dave (IOW)
Rob
self

See you next time

Rgds

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Thu 05.09.2013, 20:15

Good to see you all, sorry about the pic quality although even here Daves looks the most shiny

IMG-20130904-00385.jpg


Jim

Please remove those Renaultsport Chequers before the next meeting. They have affected your driving style :burnout: As a result, half my clutch remains at those traffic lights at Farnham :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Nickydee on Thu 05.09.2013, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby daveiow » Thu 05.09.2013, 21:02

I don't know about shiny- perhaps dare I say a little "pink"? :shock:
As the three musketeers went north leaving various friction materials in their wake I wound my lonely way south thinking either my night vision was suddenly shot or some thing was amiss! Stopped in Selbourne and discovered I had one stuck up and one stuck down ( headlight pods chaps-nothing more personal)
Phoned SJS this morning and a repair kit should be with me hopefully before the weekend. Bit of a coincidence as Nick,Jim and I had discussed this little problem at some length during the evening :?

daveiow :m100:
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
User avatar
daveiow
Fanatic
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed 08.06.2011, 05:25
Location: Isle of Wight.UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Thu 05.09.2013, 21:35

Dave

Think mines the one looking very pink in the photo - weren't you the second red one in.

Mark

Forgot to mention. I think your headlight wiring is in correct as one dipped beam the inner lights were illuminated.


Regards
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Thu 05.09.2013, 23:20

Nickydee wrote: They have affected your driving style :burnout: As a result, half my clutch remains at those traffic lights at Farnham :oops: :oops:
It sounded like a lot of rubber was burnt by you two, racing away from those traffic lights :burnout: :burnout: :D
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Thu 05.09.2013, 23:24

Nickydee wrote:Mark

Forgot to mention. I think your headlight wiring is in correct as one dipped beam the inner lights were illuminated.
Thanks - I discovered this evening that I have a drooping eyelid :(

Last night when I turned off the lights I noticed that the offside headlight pod seemed to whirr for ages after it had dropped down, and this evening I realised that the headlight was only going up halfway, hence the dipped beam-like effect. Any quick suggestions before I trawl through the threads or issue a cry for help?
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby daveiow » Fri 06.09.2013, 04:56

Nick
I'm fairly certain that is mine next to Jim's, the white square in the windscreen is the alarm sticker.

Mark
I can't do the link to other threads but look in the Wiki under Light Motors.

regards to all - see you in October

David
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
User avatar
daveiow
Fanatic
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed 08.06.2011, 05:25
Location: Isle of Wight.UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Fri 06.09.2013, 08:27

Mark

If your pods are not cominmg up - same problem as Dave - not expensive or difficult to fix - I'm a relative numpty and I managed it.

What I was refering too was when your lights where up - with your presumably with dipped beam only, it was the inner lights rather the outer ones that appeared to be on.

Regards

Nick
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Fri 06.09.2013, 09:23

Nickydee wrote:What I was refering too was when your lights where up - with your presumably with dipped beam only, it was the inner lights rather the outer ones that appeared to be on
OK, yes, a number of people have pointed that out to me. Apparently some were wired that way round. Ideally I'd like to get it changed over as I think it looks better the "normal" way round, but I assume it would need the wiring AND the headlamps moved?
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Fri 06.09.2013, 10:41

Mark,

I think it's just a question of swapping them over. If you want a hand with that. .. just ask

Rgds

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Sat 07.09.2013, 09:21

Nickydee wrote:Mark

If your pods are not cominmg up - same problem as Dave - not expensive or difficult to fix - I'm a relative numpty and I managed it.

What I was refering too was when your lights where up - with your presumably with dipped beam only, it was the inner lights rather the outer ones that appeared to be on.

Regards

Nick


mine are like that as well
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Mon 30.09.2013, 12:57

Is anyone else planning to come for a 'Roast n'Rant' this coming Wednesday?

Cheers


Jim


p.s. I've removed the Renault Motorsport checkers ;)
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby daveiow » Mon 30.09.2013, 13:19

Jim
I had planned to but have done something to my Hip joint over the weekend (I didn't think I was that old!) so think I will give it a miss this month :(
Have a good evening, see you all in November,hopefully not in an automatic :shock:

David
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
User avatar
daveiow
Fanatic
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed 08.06.2011, 05:25
Location: Isle of Wight.UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Mon 30.09.2013, 19:37

muley wrote:Is anyone else planning to come for a 'Roast n'Rant' this coming Wednesday? ;)


Brilliant. Can we adopt this as our official title from now on. Planning to be there
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby rjbean » Tue 01.10.2013, 20:02

We'll be roasting and to save some ranting, I'll print out and bring some 2 for £10 vouchers
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Tue 01.10.2013, 20:04

rjbean wrote:We'll be roasting and to save some ranting, I'll print out and bring some 2 for £10 vouchers


Thanks Rob

See you there

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Tue 01.10.2013, 20:14

daveiow wrote:Jim
I had planned to but have done something to my Hip joint over the weekend (I didn't think I was that old!) so think I will give it a miss this month :(
Have a good evening, see you all in November,hopefully not in an automatic :shock:

David


Hope you get better.

Take care

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Tue 01.10.2013, 21:48

Hoping to be there tomorrow, possibly for roast
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Tue 01.10.2013, 21:49

See you there.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Wed 02.10.2013, 21:18

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight - Shirl unwell, so administering TLC
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests