Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by Kathryn » Mon 22.06.2015, 18:21
I am attending the event! Don't see much from the back garden these days due to big trees and they tend to display in the other direction!
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by Enright » Mon 22.06.2015, 21:25
Where do you get your tickets from and how much are they please?
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...!
BCingU,
Neil

-

Enright
- Modificator
-
- Posts: 4860
- Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
- Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England
by Kathryn » Mon 22.06.2015, 22:34
Enright wrote:Where do you get your tickets from and how much are they please?
http://www.airtattoo.com They're quite expensive at £46. Saturday sold out. I got mine months ago at earlybird price.
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by Dave Eds » Sun 28.06.2015, 10:43
-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by Enright » Fri 10.07.2015, 22:17
Kathryn wrote:Enright wrote:Where do you get your tickets from and how much are they please?
http://www.airtattoo.com They're quite expensive at £46. Saturday sold out. I got mine months ago at earlybird price.
Daaaamn, wish I had - they're now going for over £200 for 2 on Saturday and Sunday, but they've sold out on both Saturday AND Sunday.
That is particularly disappointing because it's just been announced that on Saturday and Sunday XH558 is going to be flying in formation with the Red Arrows.
It makes me wonder if there are any decent viewing spots nearby like they have at Waddington? The aircraft get famously close coming in over the A15 there - take a look at this video that I shot a few years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh4V_WUrtD0This one's rather good too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGH7TcsXzTg
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...!
BCingU,
Neil

-

Enright
- Modificator
-
- Posts: 4860
- Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
- Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England
by Simon_P » Fri 10.07.2015, 23:21
Just a thought.
She has 3 displays in Kent on the 15th August.
Anyone know who we need to ask to find out how much a flypast costs?
-
Simon_P
- God
-
- Posts: 2602
- Joined: Fri 06.08.2004, 12:33
- Location: Kent UK
by Kathryn » Sat 11.07.2015, 10:46
Enright wrote:Kathryn wrote:Enright wrote:Where do you get your tickets from and how much are they please?
http://www.airtattoo.com They're quite expensive at £46. Saturday sold out. I got mine months ago at earlybird price.
Daaaamn, wish I had - they're now going for over £200 for 2 on Saturday and Sunday, but they've sold out on both Saturday AND Sunday.
That is particularly disappointing because it's just been announced that on Saturday and Sunday XH558 is going to be flying in formation with the Red Arrows.
It makes me wonder if there are any decent viewing spots nearby like they have at Waddington? The aircraft get famously close coming in over the A15 there - take a look at this video that I shot a few years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh4V_WUrtD0This one's rather good too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGH7TcsXzTg
I believe there's a campsite called Totterdown where you get good views. Google it. I don't know if local shops still have tickets for sale. I decided to go last minute one year and they had plenty left at Lechlade Londis. There used to be a list of outlets selling tickets...somewhere online.
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by Kathryn » Sat 11.07.2015, 10:59
Oh ****! there's a double post for you to delete!
Just looked and don't think you can get tickets anywhere.
I've only got one ticket for me, and sorry, I'm keeping it!

Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by Enright » Sat 11.07.2015, 11:06
Kathryn wrote:Oh ****! there's a double post for you to delete!
Just looked and don't think you can get tickets anywhere.
I've only got one ticket for me, and sorry, I'm keeping it!

Nuked the double post and will look into Totterdown - thanks!

Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...!
BCingU,
Neil

-

Enright
- Modificator
-
- Posts: 4860
- Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
- Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England
by Saltire » Sat 11.07.2015, 13:17
Enright wrote:Kathryn wrote:Oh ****! there's a double post for you to delete!
Just looked and don't think you can get tickets anywhere.
I've only got one ticket for me, and sorry, I'm keeping it!

Nuked the double post and will look into Totterdown - thanks!

We're hoping to be at Totterdown on Saturday - £15 for two in car. Details at
http://www.markford.pwp.blueyonder.co.u ... index.html and on the Totterdown Facebook page
Jonathan
1995 Elan S2, BRG - Now sadly sold
Mrs Saltire’s 2021 Mini Countryman Cooper S
Mrs Saltire’s 2022 BMW i3S
-

Saltire
- God
-
- Posts: 2457
- Joined: Sun 05.04.2015, 22:27
- Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland
by dapinky » Sat 11.07.2015, 19:41
Good day out at Yeovilton - traffic wasn't as bad as I expected, and we left before the end so nowt on the way home.
XH558 was on the opposite side of the runway when we got there, so no close-up pictures - but then it took off at just before 1200 and did a couple of loops before heading off for an hour - great noise!
When she returned she did a few fly-bys and aerobatics before coming in to land, where the pilot deployed the parachute brake just for the hell of it.
It then taxied over towards us and set up for the ground display - much better view in the afternoon.

Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by Kathryn » Sat 11.07.2015, 22:39
i was planning to watch XH558 at Yeovilton (from outside) but my car wasn't ready to collect from Sportomotive til nearly 1pm so I missed her.

Never mind, next week I'll be by the runway!

Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by Gazza » Sun 12.07.2015, 09:29
Someone was lucky at Yeovilton.
Best of British
- Attachments
-

S2 Midnight Blue #660
Hayward & Scott 2.5" exhaust.
Red AP brakes & Nitron adjustable suspension.
SOLD
TVR Tamora in Montreal Blue
-

Gazza
- God
-
- Posts: 1703
- Joined: Sun 15.05.2005, 08:55
- Location: Romford, Essex.
by Kathryn » Sun 19.07.2015, 00:10
Close enough for you?!
Got a couple of decent pics of the Red Arrows flypast too, if I ever get round to uploading all the pics on my camera!
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by Kathryn » Sun 19.07.2015, 18:55
Fantastic drive this afternoon! Watched XH558's display from the roadside in Fairford, then drove a bit further, finally found a place to park and got out the car just in time to see her with the Red Arrows. Waited for them to come back, then XH558 split off and flew right overhead! I don't care if I looked a tit with my arm in the air waving! Then it was a race to get to Brize in time to see the Reds land (of course I had my eyes firmly on the road as they did their thing around me), I knew I wouldn't make it when I was the wrong side of Carterton and they broke over my right shoulder, but it was fun trying!!
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by Kathryn » Sat 10.10.2015, 22:24
Anyone else planning to see XH558 on her southern farewell tour tomorrow?
Brize is nearest to me but I'm worried she won't get clearance to fly over and also not confident of getting the best view. Could try Old Sarum again, but I'm currently thinking of going to Wellesbourne. (Both 1hr 4m away according to google!)
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by dapinky » Sun 11.10.2015, 11:57
For the latest info on exact timings you need to go to the
website(but it keeps crashing!).
But the early guide to times shows it coming to visit me between 1500 and 1510.

Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by GeoffSmith » Sun 11.10.2015, 12:33
We're heading over to Aust.
Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by GeoffSmith » Sun 11.10.2015, 16:13
Bit late but worth the wait...
Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by Kathryn » Sun 11.10.2015, 23:43
I went to Wellesbourne. (Definitely made the right decision, having seen videos on Facebook of the flypasts at Brize and Old Sarum.) She circled the airfield which meant TWO low almost overhead flypasts! And two Vulcans too! Although the moment XH558 arrived I forgot this was my one and only chance to see two at the same time and I was only looking at the one in the sky - but pleased to discover I accidentally got a photo of them both!
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest