Hoping to be there, but still have to change that headlamp bulb...muley wrote:O.K. Is anyone planning to go tomorrow (11th. May) ?
Jim
| Home | WikiLEC | Repairs | Upgrades | Gallery | Buy & Sell | Mountain Chips | Meets & Events | Contact |
|
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
Hoping to be there, but still have to change that headlamp bulb...muley wrote:O.K. Is anyone planning to go tomorrow (11th. May) ?
Jim
markv wrote:Hoping to be there, but still have to change that headlamp bulb...muley wrote:O.K. Is anyone planning to go tomorrow (11th. May) ?
Jim
Nickydee wrote:I personally find it easier to undo the two bolts on bracket holding the headlight pod to make access to the rear iof the Headlight much easier. No need to remove the connecting rod to motor but you need to put back the shims in same position.
Nick
markv wrote:Thanks all - it's interesting to see how many ways there are to skin this cat! I'm halfway through the job - I got the blown bulb out by turning the lights on to raise the pods, then disconnecting the battery to leave them up. Then in the very limited space via the side opening I managed to remove the flexible rear cover, finally work out how the bulb was clipped in place and unclip it. Fingers crossed I can remember how to reverse all the steps without putting any grease or mucky fingerprints on the bulb! If not, I might be in the need of help/advice from fellow attendees on Wednesday night...
mikecg wrote:Hi I am planning to join you for the first time this evening,
See you there around 7:45 Mike
muley wrote:markv wrote:Thanks all - it's interesting to see how many ways there are to skin this cat! I'm halfway through the job - I got the blown bulb out by turning the lights on to raise the pods, then disconnecting the battery to leave them up. Then in the very limited space via the side opening I managed to remove the flexible rear cover, finally work out how the bulb was clipped in place and unclip it. Fingers crossed I can remember how to reverse all the steps without putting any grease or mucky fingerprints on the bulb! If not, I might be in the need of help/advice from fellow attendees on Wednesday night...
:roll eyes
There's a better way. See you there and we'll sort it!
Kind regards
Jim
Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests