East Mids or thereabouts

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby Gary » Wed 21.11.2007, 17:54

Please can we keep on topic :lol:

Anyhow , I've had (as usual) an argument with the Crown. Apparently if we have the Xmas menu then we have to pre-order (by end of this week) and give a £5 per head deposit. If we have the normal menu then we don't have to do either (go figure !)

Now I'd prefer the Xmas menu, but can't really be bothered with the hassle !

Will try and post the menu, but last time I tried it my posting crashed !
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby rip » Thu 22.11.2007, 15:44

DaveT wrote:8)

I am pleased to be able to tell you that Carl and Raina are now proud parents. Luke was delivered by emergency cs last night at 2300 and weighing in at 3.5lb. Mum and baby are well. Carls coping just.
:drunk:



That's very early and light.

Best wishes to you all.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Paul.P » Thu 22.11.2007, 20:04

Gary wrote:
Now I'd prefer the Xmas menu, but can't really be bothered with the hassle !

Will try and post the menu, but last time I tried it my posting crashed !


So this is your local IT expert............can't fix that mate, its to much hassle :(

Yea i'm a IT expert, but can't post that, i crash the pc :shock:

It's like me saying , yea, i'll fit you a kitchen, but can't be bothered to plumb the sink in, how easy some of your lives are :twisted:
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Gary » Thu 22.11.2007, 20:18

When I've got time I'll have another go. Each time I try it doesn't post it !
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby Paul.P » Thu 22.11.2007, 20:26

Gary wrote:When I've got time I'll have another go. Each time I try it doesn't post it !


I know i'm old & going daft, but i'm really confused Gary :? , thought you said you had given up on the xmas menu cause it was to much hassle, so we we're now back with there standard ( normal ) menu, which didn't require any pre-booking or deposits, can you please confirm this ?
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Dico » Thu 22.11.2007, 21:05

What a bunch! I tell you! :-D
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Paul.P » Thu 22.11.2007, 21:13

Hairdo, are you better mate :!:

Well if you can make head or tale of what Gary's doing/done , please explain to me ?
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Gary » Thu 22.11.2007, 21:23

I think Paul's finally gone senile. Xmas menu....


STARTERS
ROASTED TOMATO SOUP OR CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CRISPY CROUTONS

LAYERED SMOKED SALMON, PRAWN AND CUCUMBER CAKE WITH LEMON DRESSING

CHICKEN LIVER AND BRANDY PARFAIT WITH SEASONAL CHUTNEY AND TOASTS

MAIN COURSES
ROASTED TURKEY WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS- SAGE AND ONION STUFFING, CHIPOLATAS WRAPPED IN BACON, RICH ROASTING GRAVY BREAD SAUCE AND CRANBERRY SAUCE

BAKED FILLET OF SCOTTISH SALMON AND BREAM WITH A SMOKED HADDOCK FISHCAKE AND CREAMY VERMOUTH SAUCE

ROASTED LOIN OF PORK WITH A JACKET POTATO STUFFED WITH FLAKES OF SLOW BRAISED OXTAIL AND RICH PORT SAUCE

FRESH MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE PASTA FINISHED WITH PARMESAN

DESSERTS
CHRISTMAS PUDDING WITH BRANDY SAUCE
CARROT CAKE WITH MASCAPONE CREAM
PLATTER OF STILTON AND LINCOLNSHIRE POACHER CHEDDAR WITH APPLE AND WATER BISCUITS
RICH TERRINE OF DARK CHOCOLATE AND PEAR


LUNCHEON 2 COURSES £17.95 OR 3 COURSES £22.95
DINNER TUESDAY TO FRIDAY 3 COURSES ONLY £22.95
SATURDAY EVENINGS £29.50

TERMS:AVAILABLE FROM THURSDAY 29TH NOVEMBER TO SATURDAY 29TH DECEMBER (EXCLUDES CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER, CHRISTMAS DAY AND BOXING DAY) A TABLE PLAN OF TABLES OF EIGHT WHERE POSSIBLE AND A PRE ORDER OF GUESTS CHOICES IS REQUIRED 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR BOOKING. A DEPOSIT OF £5 PER HEAD IS REQUIRED TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby DaveT » Thu 22.11.2007, 23:42

8)

DaveT Smoked Salmon Turkey
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Postby JOSLER » Fri 23.11.2007, 00:51

Thanks for your nice posts and sorry i havent been on here for a while but having a baby is a good excuse.Raina and Luke are doing fine but i dont think they will be out of hospital until the end of jan.I think his first word will be Lotus after i give him some special training. :lol: if i dont make it to the end of year meet have a nice time ,i will try my hardest to be there.I havnt slept for days and am doing my best to type this thanks again Joss.:smt023
1991 Calypso Red SE
User avatar
JOSLER
Fanatic
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat 21.10.2006, 15:29
Location: ST.NEOTS/CAMBS

Postby rip » Fri 23.11.2007, 10:31

Good to hear that Raina and Luke are doing fine. They need you more than ever at the moment. Look after them, and get back in touch when things are easier.

Besides which, you have promised to teach the young man how to say 'Lotus'.

See you some time in 2008. :smt023

Best wishes.

rip
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby DaveT » Fri 23.11.2007, 10:40

8)

I'm the only one eating then????
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Postby Gary » Fri 23.11.2007, 10:50

I think we are too late for the Xmas menu now !
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby DaveT » Fri 23.11.2007, 10:57

8)

I'll have a smarties Easter egg then....WTF!!!!!!

do they want business or not?
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Postby rip » Fri 23.11.2007, 12:46

Easter egg for me too

Or tom soup followed by the turkey. I'll skip dessert cuz I don't want to hold the Lotus back too much on the way home :D

Or just the standard menu if that is all they are willing to do for us.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dico » Fri 23.11.2007, 13:42

One easter egg for me and a pallet full for Mr P please.
Attachments
whoateallthepies_741.jpg
whoateallthepies_741.jpg (15.89 KiB) Viewed 3546 times
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby sideburn Kid » Fri 23.11.2007, 22:31

i think its about time that this photo was finished with, he has feelings you no :!: :!: :!:
User avatar
sideburn Kid
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat 20.01.2007, 20:49
Location: asfordby

Postby Dico » Fri 23.11.2007, 22:51

Really? :?

How about this one then?
Attachments
elvis-presley-21.jpg
I'm all shook up!
elvis-presley-21.jpg (11.82 KiB) Viewed 3507 times
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Gary » Sat 24.11.2007, 09:29

sideburn Kid wrote:i think its about time that this photo was finished with, he has feelings you no :!: :!: :!:


Are you worried about Daddy ?
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby rip » Sat 24.11.2007, 12:21

Gary wrote:Please can we keep on topic :lol:


:smt019
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests