Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by dermotbell » Wed 19.12.2007, 00:40
Anybody go to the the Lincs meeting in Thealby??
This is a generic Lotus Club meet.
Dermot Bell
-

dermotbell
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 487
- Joined: Sun 11.06.2006, 21:04
- Location: Dubai
by DaveT » Wed 19.12.2007, 06:35
Short answer, no. Long answer, no
Lincs really comes into East Mids turf if youre hard enuff.
We already have a token :gray: , I'm the efnic minority, Sideburn Kid is our disabled member- so we could do with some normal input.
D
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by Paul.P » Wed 19.12.2007, 08:08
DaveT wrote:8)
Short answer, no. Long answer, no
Lincs really comes into East Mids turf if youre hard enuff.
We already have a token :gray: , I'm the efnic minority, Sideburn Kid is our disabled member- so we could do with some normal input.
D
Yea, & Dave's our geriatric, going senile one , but he's a lot of fun

JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
-
Paul.P
- God
-
- Posts: 4970
- Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
- Location: Oakham, Rutland
-
by Dico » Wed 19.12.2007, 14:45
DaveT wrote: Sideburn Kid is our disabled member
I agree
And I represent the 'Northern monkeys' crew.
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
-

Dico
- Fool Boy Four - Founder
-
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
- Location: Moderator Manchester
by Specky » Wed 19.12.2007, 15:50
Dico wrote:DaveT wrote: Sideburn Kid is our disabled member
I agree
And I represent the 'Northern monkeys' crew.
and I'm the Southern Wuss for the next one...
TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
by Gary » Wed 19.12.2007, 18:51
Where in Lincs are you ? (Lincs is about 2 miles from me...)
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
-

Gary
- God
-
- Posts: 2284
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
- Location: Rutland
by dermotbell » Wed 19.12.2007, 21:19
I live near Sleaford.
That would make the stroppy Jock!
Dermot Bell
-

dermotbell
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 487
- Joined: Sun 11.06.2006, 21:04
- Location: Dubai
by Paul.P » Thu 20.12.2007, 10:57
dermotbell wrote:I live near Sleaford.
That would make the stroppy Jock!
We could have a Skegy weekend, picking dermot up on the way

JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
-
Paul.P
- God
-
- Posts: 4970
- Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
- Location: Oakham, Rutland
-
by rip » Thu 20.12.2007, 15:00
Paul.P wrote:dermotbell wrote:I live near Sleaford.
That would make the stroppy Jock!
We could have a Skegy weekend, picking dermot up on the way

I like that idea, Paul. That would be too far for :gray: to go in the Elan though.
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by DaveT » Fri 21.12.2007, 09:01
Hey!!! Isnt Skegy where the old farts go? WTF- thats me then
BRGs compulsary???
D
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by rip » Fri 21.12.2007, 09:28
When I lived in Leicester, Skeggy really was the place to go.
I never really 'got it' myself because I was brought up a few minutes away from Clacton. I guess that put me off UK coastal resorts

1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by DaveT » Fri 21.12.2007, 09:37
Hey Rip! I didnt know about you and Clacton. I've brought up there too

!!
D
Last edited by
DaveT on Fri 21.12.2007, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by Paul.P » Fri 21.12.2007, 09:52
rip wrote:I like that idea, Paul. That would be too far for :gray: to go in the Elan though.
Thought that would be good for :gray: Gary, Gillian could let the 3 kids go to the funfair

JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
-
Paul.P
- God
-
- Posts: 4970
- Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
- Location: Oakham, Rutland
-
by rip » Fri 21.12.2007, 11:06
DaveT wrote:8)
Hey Rip! I didnt know about you and Clacton. I've brought up there too!!
D
Clacton is near Mersea Island, not the river Mersey
I was brought up Clacton side of Colchester and it took me 29 years to escape. My parents are still there, and I'll be repairing the Exploding Elan there late next month.
A trip to Ipswich to meet up for a pint is a definite possibility.

1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by rip » Fri 21.12.2007, 11:12
Paul.P wrote:rip wrote:I like that idea, Paul. That would be too far for :gray: to go in the Elan though.
Thought that would be good for :gray: Gary, Gillian could let the 3 kids go to the funfair

What and take both Elans? Some chance. They rarely bring one to Elton

1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by Specky » Fri 21.12.2007, 11:44
DaveT wrote:8)
Hey Rip! I didnt know about you and Clacton. I've brought up there too!!
D
Clacton... me to..
I lived in Colchester as a kid...
weekend trips to the beach...
and the mersea Island 5 mile fun run...
TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
by Dico » Fri 21.12.2007, 18:13
I made a delivery in Clacton once.....
I also made one in callander (scotland) too

4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
-

Dico
- Fool Boy Four - Founder
-
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
- Location: Moderator Manchester
by rip » Fri 21.12.2007, 18:16
Specky wrote:
I lived in Colchester as a kid...
Yeah but like me, you escaped.

1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by Specky » Fri 21.12.2007, 19:06
Dico wrote:I made a delivery in Clacton once.....
I also made one in callander (scotland) too

So did Dave T.... and he was only trying to get to Ipswich...
TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests