Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by Nige » Thu 26.06.2008, 22:58
It's taken me a while to get round to posting this as I've been a bit busy with Le Mans and since I got back. However on the basis of discussion at the last 2 Southern meets at the H&C my offer of an RV both oubound and inbound (for a BBQ) at my place for a spin to Monkey World at Wareham or even the Tank Museum at Bovington still stands. Much the same format as 2 years ago RV at my place in the morning deliver BBQ food into fridge/freezer have coffee, do the drive out and visit, return via my place, cook and eat BBQ food, everbody except me then goes home. One of the reasons for the delay in posting is the availability of weekends in the Summeras we have a pretty hectic schedule. July is now a non starter and Aug is limited to Sun 17 or 31. This is optional of course and will only work if numbers are fairly limited but if the 'Southerners' still want to do this then post here so we can get it going.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by dapinky » Fri 27.06.2008, 09:26
I'm not a Southerner, but I am a displaced-slightly-to-the-south Brummy.
As such, I can continue south for a day out (if I'm allowed by the locals).
17th would be my preference, but if the majority want something else, I'll either fit in or drop out!
This could well fit in with Matt finishing his training course at Bovvy so kill 2 birds with one stone for me (anyone else want a ride in a Challenger 2?).
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by Nige » Fri 27.06.2008, 10:47
Dave, you can count as a southerner on this occasion. I'm not really a southerner either more of a mislocated web footed and toed yellowbelly.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by stevieshag » Thu 03.07.2008, 23:47
Have to count us out of this 1, its our wknds for working..

oh summer!! the time to go topless...
black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
-
stevieshag
- God
-
- Posts: 756
- Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
- Location: stonehenge
-
by chris.t » Fri 04.07.2008, 00:21
think we can only do the 31st Nige so hope that's the general concensus
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by muley » Mon 07.07.2008, 22:32
Nige
Sorry for the delay in replying. Things have been a bit hectic here - trying to keep at least one car on the road!!
31st would suit Jen and I.
Cheers
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4523
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by Nige » Mon 07.07.2008, 23:09
Looks as though we're slowly moving in favour of 31 Aug for this.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by Kier » Wed 09.07.2008, 18:23
I'm running a 13 mile race at Corfe Castle in the morning of 31st, but hopefully will be able to meet you at monkey world/tank place, and then come back for the BBQ afterwards.
-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by Nige » Wed 09.07.2008, 19:17
Kier wrote:I'm running a 13 mile race at Corfe Castle in the morning of 31st, but hopefully will be able to meet you at monkey world/tank place, and then come back for the BBQ afterwards.
Sounds like a plan (perhaps we should all do the run first

).
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by chris.t » Wed 09.07.2008, 20:34
Nige wrote:Kier wrote:I'm running a 13 mile race at Corfe Castle in the morning of 31st, but hopefully will be able to meet you at monkey world/tank place, and then come back for the BBQ afterwards.
Sounds like a plan (perhaps we should all do the run first

).
I'll do it in the elan then
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by dapinky » Wed 09.07.2008, 20:46
Oh well, I didn't want to go anyway.......
....that date clashes with the SELOC do at Weston, so I'll be supporting my local event.
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by Nige » Thu 10.07.2008, 13:55
dapinky wrote:Oh well, I didn't want to go anyway.......
....that date clashes with the SELOC do at Weston, so I'll be supporting my local event.
We'll miss you Dave.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by Kier » Thu 24.07.2008, 21:42
Just an idea……
But I often think it's a shame that our meets about our common interest of a certain car, don't generally involve much driving! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sitting in the pub chatting, but I often think it'd be great if we all drove somewhere. I love it when I meet with Nige on the way, as an Elan drive we never usually see how good Elans look as we’re in them! I love seeing other Elans on the road so to see several in one place is a real spectacle.
Dave mentions that SELOC are having a meeting at Weston Super Mud on the same day as our BBQ, so wouldn't it be great if instead of a short trip to look at some monkeys or tanks, we went on a proper long cruise to Weston and had a BBQ when we got there? Not only would it be a nice long drive, we'd also really represent the M100 at the SELOC do and show them we're still here! Plus we get to have a BBQ at the beach.
Any thoughts?
-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by Kier » Thu 24.07.2008, 21:44
Ewwwww I just thought, what is a short trip to monkey world/tank place for Nige & I is a bit longer for some of you as you'd already have come a fair way to get here. Sorry I didn't really think that one through did I!

-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by Nige » Tue 29.07.2008, 21:58
Well the SELOC BBQ won't be on Weston Pier

. Shortish drive for you and me Kier, makes up for the long drives to the H&C

.
I'm still up for this but will be out of contact for the next couple of weeks and not at the Aug H&C because of that. So I'll repost when I'm back at a PC and see if we can do a final round up as there are only a few takers at present.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by chris.t » Tue 29.07.2008, 22:05
I'll try and rally the troops at the Aug meet nige. Weston is more than double the distance for most of us though.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by paulwatkins » Wed 30.07.2008, 13:27
I live close to Weston and I've got a spare room with a double bed if anyone wants to stay the night.
But dont forget, its on a sunday this year, so if you do want to stay over, you'll have to book the monday off work.
-

paulwatkins
- God
-
- Posts: 1431
- Joined: Thu 13.04.2006, 08:54
- Location: WsM, UK
by dapinky » Wed 30.07.2008, 16:51
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by paulwatkins » Wed 30.07.2008, 17:44
I'll re-phrase, but the offer still stands
"I live in Weston (well, a 5 mile walk away! Its pretty close!) and I've got a spare room with a double bed if anyone wants to stay the night.
But dont forget, its on a sunday this year, so if you do want to stay over, you'll have to book the monday off work."
ps this offer is not open to Mr Pink

-

paulwatkins
- God
-
- Posts: 1431
- Joined: Thu 13.04.2006, 08:54
- Location: WsM, UK
by muley » Wed 30.07.2008, 20:38
Kier wrote:Ewwwww I just thought, what is a short trip to monkey world/tank place for Nige & I is a bit longer for some of you as you'd already have come a fair way to get here. Sorry I didn't really think that one through did I!

Kier (and others!)
Weston is only slightly further away than Isle of Purbeck for me, so not such a big deal EXCEPT I don't really fancy ploughing back along the M4 on a Sunday evening - unless I can sip coffee in a local's lounge for a few hours first
We can discuss further next week - as Nige says there's not been a vast amount of interest..
Cheers
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4523
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests