Page 1 of 1

LEC Meets and Events near you...

PostPosted: Tue 24.04.2007, 15:44
by dapinky
HERES all the details for the regular BOLLECKS* meetings.....



:-D






:-D




Here's the details of the other BOLLECKS* meetings:-

Ad-hoc basis, whenever anyone fancies a get together, at a venue to be decided about 2 hours beforehand, no-one organises anything.....

....but we all seem to get there and have a good time. Keep your eyes on the thread and come along, EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

Re: LEC Meets and Events near you...

PostPosted: Tue 24.04.2007, 16:13
by muley
Dave_Speck wrote:I was just wondering do we have a definitive list of regular LEC Meets and Events.

I'm only aware of a couple, but don’t know the in’s ant out’s. e.g. the Southern Area Meet... I know some of the BOLLECKS* boys have played away from home... and just wondered if there was more going on.

Any chance of a list...

1. Thread link Southern Area Meet
When:-First wednesday of each month,
Where:-Hen & Chickens Public House,
Who:- Lotus Elan Central members,
Location:- Upper Froyle, Alton, Hampshire GU34 4JH.
Time:- 19:30 onwards.

2.



TTFN


Good idea, especially if a kind mod would make it sticky.

Good to see the H+C one at number 1 :wink:

Cheers

Jim

Re: LEC Meets and Events near you...

PostPosted: Tue 24.04.2007, 16:19
by ailwyn
muley wrote:Good to see the H+C one at number 1 :wink:


Only because of the guest appearances that I put in :D

Re: LEC Meets and Events near you...

PostPosted: Tue 24.04.2007, 16:54
by GeoffSmith
muley wrote:
Good to see the H+C one at number 1 :wink:



1. BOLLECKS (Bristol and Outlying Lands LEC Knowledge Support)
When:-Whenever
Where:-Wherever
Who:- Whoever
Location:-BOL
Time:- Flexi

2. Thread link Southern Area Meet
When:-First wednesday of each month,
Where:-Hen & Chickens Public House,
Who:- Lotus Elan Central members,
Location:- Upper Froyle, Alton, Hampshire GU34 4JH.
Time:- 19:30 onwards.

3.

PostPosted: Tue 24.04.2007, 20:12
by markv
chris.t and i put together some info for handout on the stand at donny which i've pasted below. you might want to extract some details from this. sorry about the messy format - i've just broken my wrist so having to type one-handed :smt085

UK Local Area Meetings

See below for a list of the regular UK meets. There are many more informal and ad-hoc meets in the UK and abroad (most notably in the USA and Japan). Full details can be found on the Forum

Area Date Time Venue
South East and South 1st Wednesday in month 7.30pm Hen & Chicken
Upper Froyle
Alton
Hants
GU34 4JH
www.henandchicken.co.uk

West Midlands Penultimate Thursday in month 6.30pm Talbot
Hartle Lane
Belbroughton
Worcestershire
DY9 9TG

East Midlands Varies - Check Forum Varies - Check Forum Varies - Check Forum

Cheshire 1st Sunday in month 1.30pm The Swettenham Arms
Swettenham Village
Nr Congleton
Cheshire
CW12 2LF

South West, West of England and Wales Varies - Check Forum Varies - Check Forum Varies - Check Forum. Generally around the Bristol area

PostPosted: Tue 24.04.2007, 23:13
by Specky
markv wrote: - i've just broken my wrist so having to type one-handed :smt085


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks for the Gen..

Get well soon

Any chance of being STICKY.. :shock:

TTFN

PostPosted: Wed 25.04.2007, 00:19
by GeoffSmith
Thought this was what the Meets & Events section was for?

PostPosted: Wed 25.04.2007, 01:01
by theelanman
:agree:

:goodposting:

more persons (policaly correct I presume) to the cheshire meet......or any meet....I'm gonna try to get get to some of these.......wife depending of course.......
might have to be on the assuption of a weekend away :-D :-D :-D :-D

just out of interest.......would weekends not be better??....
more people having time off and more people able to travel????
not sure I could make the meets if they were'nt a weekend....
I know it set in clay.....so waddaya reckon????

PostPosted: Wed 25.04.2007, 01:06
by Specky
geoffsmith wrote:Thought this was what the Meets & Events section was for?


Quite true...

This could be the idealistic way of quickly updating details, Hyperlinks, new gatherings, changes of venue and so much more. IMHO it's a lot easier to self help, than over burden our site designers time after time. I feel it may be more concise than our current "Meets & Events" situated on the LEC Banner.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.. Now where's that avatar!!!

Must dash. I’ve got to check out the Élan of the month. :wink:

TTFN

PostPosted: Wed 25.04.2007, 01:17
by theelanman
for me a sticky in uk meets is cool.......
as you have done
place
time
etc etc etc.......

for me its just about getting people there....ie making it a weekend (well 24hrs...meet 6pm for beer etc...then leaving 6pm (or earlier) the following day)...meet sat or sun it gives people a bit of time to have beer and meet the 'others'........like if you make it sunday people might like to come over saturday ..have a beer or two...go home sunday???....just a thought!

we (CLOG) have a meet bh monday 7th May.....I can put a couple of people up.....we have camp sites and b'n'bs too very near.....and believe we could have at least 1 or 2 beers sunday night..........with a nice drive back monday (if you take the a/b roads...rather than the 'm's)
just thoughts
cheers
G
ps do you think ive mentioned beer too much????

PostPosted: Wed 15.08.2007, 09:21
by Sy V
Dave

I've just amended your original post to more accurately reflect the present West Mids meeting situation.

PostPosted: Fri 17.08.2007, 17:31
by Sy V
I need confirmation from mature representatives from each of the regions mentioned herein that the list at the top of this page is current and remains extant.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri 17.08.2007, 20:16
by Dave Eds
Sy V wrote:I need confirmation from mature representatives from each of the regions mentioned herein that the list at the top of this page is current and remains extant.

Thanks


Mature? In age that'll be Paul P and Dave T of course, but I guess I qualify as the most mature :wink:

Sy - the latest East Mids thread could, in it's title, include "The Crown at Elton, Nr Peterborough on the 21st August 2007" but I'm not the thread originator.

PostPosted: Sat 18.08.2007, 07:17
by Sy V
Thanks for the info - Sorted Dave.

PostPosted: Thu 07.08.2008, 21:37
by Specky
Sy V wrote:I need confirmation from mature representatives from each of the regions mentioned herein that the list at the top of this page is current and remains extant.

Thanks


Bump...

Anything new...

Any changes...

TTFN