Page 1 of 6

Proper East Midlands Meet - * TBA by PaulP*

PostPosted: Fri 29.05.2009, 21:20
by Gary
I've been promising this for a while, so here goes. A meet of the 'proper' East Midlands gang (they of the hi-jacking thread variety). Any new members welcome, and I guess an ex-owners also :x

Any Tuesday evening Late June / Early July.

Hopefully the Gray (where did the 'r' come from) trucker can make it too.

Let's pick a date and go for it.

Sorry about starting a new thread but the others all seems to have drifted 'off location' !

The good news is that we still have a kitty left over from the last meeting nearly 2 years ago...

Date tbc

1) Gary
2) Mrs Gary

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Fri 29.05.2009, 21:39
by Dave Eds
Get this off the ground Gary and I'll even roll Custard out of the garage for her 4th trip of the year!

Probably a bit too near d-day for Joss tho?

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sat 30.05.2009, 13:45
by rip
:suckssign:
I understand the new thread, but it's still a duplicate :smt018
& do you really believe this won't go :offtopic:
No, neither do I.

A Tuesday in June/July sounds promising though.

1) Gary
2) Mrs Gary
3) rip

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sat 30.05.2009, 17:41
by Gary
A duplicate of which thread exactly ?

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sat 30.05.2009, 20:38
by Paul.P
Well ive never seen "Crown ", spelt with an "E" before, actually silvers got a thing for E's ? , shame the posh puff can't spell :lol: .
Rippers, just remind me of them bits ive got for you nearer the time :!:

1) Gary
2) Mrs Gary
3) rip
4) Paul.P

Re: Should be Anglian meet

PostPosted: Sun 31.05.2009, 20:31
by rip
Gary wrote:A duplicate of which thread exactly ?


This oneyou blind git
The notorious old East Mids thread which used to get bloated with banter then got re-named Anglian because that's where most of us come from...It's still a perfectly good thread on which to arrange our meetings.

I would support a Mod locking this thread and throwing away the key... :-D

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sun 31.05.2009, 20:59
by Gary
Anglian ? Pah ! I was hijacked by some foreigners...

Re: Should be Anglian meet

PostPosted: Sun 31.05.2009, 21:01
by GeoffSmith
rip wrote:I would support a Mod locking this thread and throwing away the key... :-D

Now there's a thought!

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sun 31.05.2009, 22:23
by Dave Eds
Leave Gary's thread alone - I don't want him clogging up the Anglian thread - that's why we changed it in the first place. He doesn't want to come to Anglia, so be it. Doesn't mean he can't organise his own meets with people who can and want to go.

Good on you Gary! :wink:

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Mon 01.06.2009, 16:24
by Paul.P
Dave Eds wrote:Leave Gary's thread alone - I don't want him clogging up the Anglian thread - that's why we changed it in the first place. He doesn't want to come to Anglia, so be it. Doesn't mean he can't organise his own meets with people who can and want to go.

Good on you Gary! :wink:


:shock: :shock: :shock:

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Mon 01.06.2009, 21:17
by Gary
DaveT ? Josler? JohnW ? Woody? Stef?

:poke:

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Wed 03.06.2009, 18:23
by Paul.P
Gary wrote:DaveT ? Josler? JohnW ? Woody? Stef?

:poke:


Reckon DaveT's to much in love to be bothered with this Gary ( bit like you when you look in the mirror :D ), incase you didn't read Dave Eds comment, Joss's missus is about ready to drop, Woody, i don't know, & you have Stef's private number, why not use it ?

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sat 06.06.2009, 08:51
by DaveT
8)
TWIMC
Yes and no.
I already attend local meets with 3 clubs and LEC meets whenever I can anyway so its not like I've dropped off the radar. Its just the 1 1/2 hr drive each way midweek- when I'm working so hard. Cough!!!

D

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sat 06.06.2009, 15:53
by Paul.P
DaveT wrote: when I'm working so hard. D


:shock: :shock: :shock: , still, there is a 1st time for everything :wink:

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sun 07.06.2009, 06:25
by Gary
but he surely won't turn down the chance to see all of us?

Some-one needs to suggest a date...

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sun 07.06.2009, 21:19
by Dave Eds
Tuesday 11th August.

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Sun 07.06.2009, 21:50
by Paul.P
Dave Eds wrote:Tuesday 11th August.


Thats fine by me Dave, Gary's at EuroDisney this week, so we'll have to await his return :lol:

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Mon 08.06.2009, 08:35
by rip
Gary wrote:but he surely won't turn down the chance to see all of us?

You just don't get it do you?
:banghead:

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Mon 08.06.2009, 14:19
by Dico
Hi all. I hear theres a big gray bash on somewhere. Can someone confirm where exactly, so I can avoid it.

Cheers, Silver Asstraightastheycome Dixon.

Re: Proper East Midlands Meet - Crowne Inn Elton

PostPosted: Mon 08.06.2009, 18:44
by Paul.P
Dico wrote:Hi all. I hear theres a big gray bash on somewhere. Can someone confirm where exactly, so I can avoid it.


Tuesday August 11th, Crown Inn, Elton ( as nobody's suggested anywhere else ? )

Dico wrote: Cheers, Silver Asstraightastheycome Dixon.


Hmmmmmmm, don't know about that one, did hear you were going into politics :wink:

Rippers, i know very well what your on about, & i do agree with you , but as i said, the idea here is not to have regular meets, just a once a year get together, now if your not interested, then i have to suggest you leave it alone, so not to put others that are, off.