Page 1 of 1

Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Sun 24.01.2010, 01:17
by mikeydude
Tongue in cheek idea!?

But due to recent enthusiasm by people to try to get a meet sorted for this area maybe not such a bad idea?
I thought it would be good to try to list people that actually live in the area and that may be interested in regular socialising in 2010. I have put down the usual suspects, I am sure they will not mind...please add yourself if you are within say an hour or so drive of Manchester Then we can get an idea of where we should meet that's fair for everyone.

1. Mikeydude (Rochdale)
2. Dico (Rochdaleish)
3. Monty
4. Marcus (Rochdale)
5. Addict (Stockportish?)
6. Intikin
7.Nicowalker1 (Huddersfield)
8.Elanman (posh Cheshire somewhere)

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Sun 24.01.2010, 09:05
by Dico
1. Mikeydude (Rochdale)
2. Dico (Rochdaleish)
3. Monty (Pluto/Oldham)
4. Marcus (Rochdale)
5. Addict (Stockportish?)
6. Intikin
7.Nicowalker1 (Huddersfield)
8.Elanman (posh Cheshire somewhere)

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Sun 24.01.2010, 11:09
by theelanman
Dico wrote:8.Elanman (posh Cheshire somewhere)


I think you mean up 'n' 'ill in darkest derbyshire........

where men are men and the sheep are almost as worried as the sheep around the rochdale/oldham area

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Sun 24.01.2010, 12:25
by addict
1. Mikeydude (Rochdale)
2. Dico (Rochdaleish)
3. Monty
4. Marcus (Rochdale)
5. Addict (Sale)
6. Intikin
7.Nicowalker1 (Huddersfield)
8.Elanman (posh Cheshire somewhere)

have seen 2 other m100s nearby :roll:

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Sun 24.01.2010, 13:05
by nicowalker1
GUK has booked the Friday off to attend the sat 6th so its not fair if we start swapping the date... I chose the location down to the face i know quite a few live only minuites away and its some of the best driving around. Also ive been to the pub, the grub and beer is pretty damned good and not expensive. My idea was to rotate locations anyway to make it fair on all and also so we get to see a few differnt places/roads.
Can someone try to join the two threads up or else people are going to get confused.
Not long now, took mine out for a good airing witht the roof down yesterday much to Kims dismay!!! :twisted:
I wasnt expecting a huge turn out at this time of year especially as it'll be the first local one since ive owned my elan, jut felt something needed organising.

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Sun 24.01.2010, 13:38
by dapinky
In the absence of Neil (Enright) who has a thing for duplicate threads, I'm making an executive decision which could all go wrong......

....I've had the power for a while, but never yet managed to blend 2 threads into one, so anything could happen.....

.....as such, I'm taking the easy way out.....

In order to avoid any confusion or complication, I would suggest keeping this one going until after 6th February, then merging them into one.....

...in order to 'assist' with this suggestion, I've now locked this thread, and will try and merge them (with a suitable title) after 6th Feb has been and gone.

If anyone really sees any value in keeping them both open, or wishes to unlock it for any reason, please feel free to contact any member of the Mod team (or do it yourself, if so empowered).

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Mon 15.02.2010, 21:30
by dapinky
As the event on the 6th has been and gone, now is a good time to unlock this one and encourage the use of one thread for any regular meetings in the area (as per the thread heading).

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Mon 15.02.2010, 21:48
by inkitin
Nice one Dave :-) :smt023 Ta.

1. Mikeydude (Rochdale)
2. Dico (Rochdaleish)
3. Monty
4. Marcus (Rochdale)
5. Addict (Sale)
6. inkitin (Buryish)
7. Nicowalker1 (Huddersfield)
8. Elanman (posh Cheshire somewhere)

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Mon 15.02.2010, 21:58
by mikeydude
Fantastic, Many thanks Dave.

First thing to mention...wow what a great meeting we had! many thanks to Nicowalker1 for sorting it all.

Looks like there is LOADS of potential for a regular meets. OK so all those that went to the meet please put your name on this list(I think we had at least 10 Elans turn up...Would have been eleven if Dico would have come in his I suppose he made an effort and arrived in a posh convertable BMW)

Anyone else in the Northwest and North east I would guess pop your name on the list then we can email you with ideas etc.

I realise not much will be happening until the weather improves. But we already have interest with Inkitin proposing a run to a classic car museum in the lake district.

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Tue 16.02.2010, 01:02
by inkitin
mikeydude wrote:I realise not much will be happening until the weather improves. But we already have interest with Inkitin proposing a run to a classic car museum in the lake district.

Well, that's torn it Mike. We can't not go ahead with it now, can we ? :-D

Just for the record, it's actually a motor museum and doesn't open until mid May. I wasn't thinking of staying all day at the museum either, I don't think my marriage would survive that! Thinking caps on for somewhere else in the afternoon, after the museum.

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Sun 21.02.2010, 10:56
by nicowalker1
inkitin wrote:
mikeydude wrote:I realise not much will be happening until the weather improves. But we already have interest with Inkitin proposing a run to a classic car museum in the lake district.

Well, that's torn it Mike. We can't not go ahead with it now, can we ? :-D

Just for the record, it's actually a motor museum and doesn't open until mid May. I wasn't thinking of staying all day at the museum either, I don't think my marriage would survive that! Thinking caps on for somewhere else in the afternoon, after the museum.


sounds good, a drive up to the lakes would be fantastic! after a few hours at a museum i think id be nearly ready for the drive home anyway

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Mon 22.02.2010, 20:50
by inkitin
nicowalker1 wrote:sounds good, a drive up to the lakes would be fantastic! after a few hours at a museum i think id be nearly ready for the drive home anyway

What? Not even time for a "tootle" Nick ? :-)

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Tue 23.02.2010, 18:24
by nicowalker1
inkitin wrote:
nicowalker1 wrote:sounds good, a drive up to the lakes would be fantastic! after a few hours at a museum i think id be nearly ready for the drive home anyway

What? Not even time for a "tootle" Nick ? :-)


i've always got time for a tootle :D

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Sat 24.07.2010, 08:17
by inkitin
Related posting here.

Re: Norleg (Northwest Lotus Elan owners group)

PostPosted: Sat 24.07.2010, 11:57
by mikeydude
Norlog BBQ 15th August

I thought it would be a good idea to post this on here as we had great M100 attendance last year.

Norlog (NoRthwest Lotus Owners Group) Are having there yearly BBQ In Milnrow North of Manchester.
This is a very popular and well attended event for all lotus owners.

Anyone that fancies popping along are welcome to. There is a run in the morning with BBQ in the afternoon.

PM me for details

Mike