Page 1 of 3

Southern Area Xmas Lunch - Sunday, 14th December 2014

PostPosted: Wed 04.09.2013, 20:36
by chris.t
Hot off the press, booked 5 minutes ago. Haven't got the menu yet but it's essentially a carvery. If your interested post your name below.

1. Chris & Deirdre
2. Dave & Ness
3. Jim & Men
4. Rob & Michelle
5. Mark & Shirley

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Fri 04.10.2013, 11:11
by chris.t
Bumpetty bump bump. Click on link for menu options.

http://www.henandchicken.co.uk/Pages/Ca ... 02013.html

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Sun 06.10.2013, 07:55
by TOWATL
Great idea! :-)

I am thinking of attending, but would require a hotel to stay for the night, as I would be flying over from Austria for the event. Any recommendations in the area?

Cheers,


Wolfgang

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Wed 06.11.2013, 11:04
by chris.t
Wolfgang I have no experience of hotels in the area. Can I suggest you phone the pub and they maybe able to sort something out for you, maybe even a bed and breakfast accommodation.

Hen & Chicken Inn

Upper Froyle
01420 22115

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Wed 06.11.2013, 11:07
by chris.t
In fairness to the pub I will be telling the final numbers on 1/12/2013. If there are any late comers after that then I'm sure that they can be fitted in, within reason.

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Wed 06.11.2013, 11:24
by TOWATL
chris.t wrote:Wolfgang I have no experience of hotels in the area. Can I suggest you phone the pub and they maybe able to sort something out for you, maybe even a bed and breakfast accommodation.

Hen & Chicken Inn

Upper Froyle
01420 22115


Great, thanks! :-)

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Wed 06.11.2013, 14:32
by daveiow
Hi Chris
Really disappointed but we are going to have to cancel our Xmas lunch booking :(
I had intended to tell you tonight at the H&C as we now realise it clashes with a family gathering for my mother-in-laws 91st birthday.
Virtually every Lotus event this year (since Ypres) has been compromised for us by work or similar!
My New Years resolution is going to be S@D everything else and get out in the car.
David

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Wed 06.11.2013, 15:12
by TOWATL
Bollox! :(

I just found out that I will have to go on a business trip to France the week followong December 15th. As I will have to be on location early Monday morning, I will have to fly in on Sunday afternoon. So I will not be able to attend the party.

:?

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Thu 07.11.2013, 20:12
by chris.t
OK correctly if I'm wrong then the current list looks like this

1. Chris & Deirdre
2. Jim & jen
3. Rob & Michelle
4. Mark & Shirley

Somewhat depleted from previous years

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Sun 17.11.2013, 16:51
by markv
Just wondered when we need to pay deposit and confirm what we're having?

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Sun 17.11.2013, 22:00
by texas2201
sorry going to be on a business trip to Las Vegas - it was a tough call - Alton vs Las Vegas :-)

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Mon 18.11.2013, 11:46
by Dave Eds
We would have if we could have but we can't so we shan't!
Shame because we really enjoyed it last year.

Dave and Bev.
(Will PM you Chris on another matter!).

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Mon 18.11.2013, 22:51
by chris.t
That's a shame Dave, replied to your pm btw :-)

Could everyone make their menu choices and I will let the h&c know. I'll see if we can waive the deposit thing, they must trust us by now, otherwise I'll front it.

Cheers Chris

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Tue 19.11.2013, 01:58
by markv
chris.t wrote:In fairness to the pub I will be telling the final numbers on 1/12/2013. If there are any late comers after that then I'm sure that they can be fitted in, within reason.

Just spotted on Menu: "A deposit of £10 per person is required at the time of booking All deposits are non-refundable Full payment for Christmas Parties
due 14 days prior to booking
, i.e., 1st December." Let me know if you want me to send you the money.

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Tue 19.11.2013, 11:22
by chris.t
Mark, can't remember paying a deposit in the past but if they insist i'll sort it.

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Tue 19.11.2013, 11:28
by chris.t
Starters
Courgette and Castello Cheese Soup with chive cream and farm house bread and butter
Pan Fried Red Mullet with sweet and sour peppers and balsamic dressing
Country Terrine with homemade piccalilli and crusty farm house toast
Goats Cheese,Walnut and Red Onion Tart with rocket and a grain mustard dressing
Scottish Smoked Salmon with king prawns and a radish frisse salad

Main Courses
Pan Fried Seabasswith roasted cherry tomatoes and a crab, spring onion and potato salad
Hen and Chicken Carvery choice of meats and fresh vegetables from our carvery with all the trimmings
Twice Roasted Belly of Pork with dauphinoise potatoes, green beans and redcurrant jus
Game Pie with creamed mash, sauted sprouts and cranberry jus
Wild Mushroom and Truffle Oil Risottowith parmesan

Desserts
Christmas Pudding with homemade brandy sauce
Selection of British Cheese and wafer biscuits
Mulled Wine & Vanilla Panna Cotta with mulled wine syrup
White Chocolate Cheesecake with roasted figs
Winter Berry Eton Mess with candied peacans

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Tue 19.11.2013, 11:30
by chris.t
Chris
Salmon
Carvery
Cheesecake

Deirdre
Salmon
Carvery
Cheesecake

Jim

Jen

Rob

Michelle

Mark

Shirley

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Sat 23.11.2013, 00:05
by rjbean
Chris
Salmon
Carvery
Cheesecake

Deirdre
Salmon
Carvery
Cheesecake

Jim

Jen

Rob - 2 courses
Carvery
Cheesecake

Michelle - 2 courses
Game Pie
British Cheese

Mark

Shirley

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Tue 26.11.2013, 22:45
by markv
Chris
Salmon
Carvery
Cheesecake

Deirdre
Salmon
Carvery
Cheesecake

Jim

Jen

Rob - 2 courses
Carvery
Cheesecake

Michelle - 2 courses
Game Pie
British Cheese

Mark
Red Mullet
Carvery
Mess

Shirley
Goats Cheese
Pork
Cheesecake

Re: Southern Area Xmas Lunch 2013 - Sunday, 15th December 20

PostPosted: Sun 01.12.2013, 17:25
by muley
Chris
Salmon
Carvery
Cheesecake

Deirdre
Salmon
Carvery
Cheesecake

Jim
Goats Cheese Tart
Carvery
Cheese&Biscuits

Jen
Goats Cheese Tart
Carvery
Panna Cotta

Rob - 2 courses
Carvery
Cheesecake

Michelle - 2 courses
Game Pie
British Cheese

Mark
Red Mullet
Carvery
Mess

Shirley
Goats Cheese
Pork
Cheesecake



Chris, thanks once again for organising this.

Cheers

JIm