Any Elan owners out there in S.Wales SW England?

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Any Elan owners out there in S.Wales SW England?

Postby Welsh Elan Man » Sun 17.04.2016, 11:27

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any Lotus Elan owners in South Wales or South West England areas that would like to get together for a meet?

Cheers

Paul
Welsh Elan Man

Re: Any Elan owners out there in S.Wales SW England?

Postby Rambo » Sun 17.04.2016, 17:46

Élan owners a bit thin on the ground in S Wales (I think Ailwyns still around but it is the season for sheep :twisted: ) but there's Smiffy round the corner in Tytherington, Glocs (when he's not tanning his well honed body in Spain) and Dapinky in Weston Super Mud (when he's not with Clemo in Laos) and Clemo from Torquay (when he's not tearing round on a motor bike in deepest Indochina)
Rambo
Sauce au raifort

Postby Saltire » Sun 17.04.2016, 18:13

Welsh Elan Man wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if there are any Lotus Elan owners in South Wales or South West England areas that would like to get together for a meet?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

Welcome! I'm between Cirencester and Tetbury. It takes me about 45 minutes to get to Newport (I used to have a client there). I'd be happy to meet up, provided the Green Monster passes its MoT tomorrow ;-)
Jonathan

S2 no 512, BRG/LRG, magnolia interior, last of four UK S2 to this spec
Saltire
Fanatic

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Sutherland

Postby GeoffSmith » Sun 17.04.2016, 18:57

BOLLECKS† to Newport. Pinky's in a sauna on the other side of the world, Pete's posting amusing doggy pictures from Cyprus and I'm off to Spain on Tuesday. Sorry Jonathan, you're on your own.

†Bristol and Outlying Lands Lotus Elan Central Knowledge and Support
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces @ £50 incl. P&P UK
http://ElanScanInterfaces.onmypc.net
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Welsh Elan Man » Mon 18.04.2016, 22:23

Thanks
I will keep an eye on where the meets are and once I get all my hoses changed on old red I might venture further across the bridge.

The lone Welsh Elan Man :m100:
Welsh Elan Man

Postby Fredjohn » Mon 18.04.2016, 23:49

You're welcome to attend our Midlands meet in Weatheroak: it's only 116 miles and the BOLLECKS contingent are frequent hi-jackers (when they aren't abroad doing silly things on mopeds, acting like part time ex-pats in Spain or escaping entirely to sun soaked Cyprus :D :D )
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Team Carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby ElanDriverA2WER » Sun 09.04.2017, 12:57

Greetings from Sunny Cornwall!!! :m100:
Yes there are other Elan owners and drivers in this part of the South West. I have owned my 1990 Calypso Red Elan SE A2WER since September 2007.
Originally I was living and working in Hampshire; then, for Southern Counties Fuels, before changing jobs to work for WurthUK on their Cargo Division in 2008, whilst in there employment I transfered to the vacant Cornwall area in October 2010 and eventually, following my house sale up in Hampshire, moved down to Holsworthy in Devon just before Christmas 2011, then another sale of house took me West of the Tamar to Cornwall (Kernow) in May of 2013.
I initially joined Club Lotus in 2007 and later became a SELOC member after talking to some of their other members at Hethel during the '60th' Celebrations held there in 2008. I attended Club Lotus meetings at the then "Hog's Lodge" at Clanfield until moving down to the South West, where I made contact with other Club Lotus South West members during 2011 and have continued to stay with this mixed crew of LOTUS LOVERS right through to the present day. Thanks to local Chairman,(Organiser and all round Good Egg:) Mick Husselbee, what was at the time a core of about half a dozen of us, has now gradually built up to a much larger mixed group of Lotus Owners and enthusiasts that attend monthly meetings, regular attendance is now in the high teens or twenties at monthly meetings and social gatherings and drive outs.
clublotussouthwest.co.uk please see the 2017 Diary events page on the website for a list of this years meetings and activities, and if any one from LEC is down in this part of the South West for work or holidays and can make it along to any of the events on the itinery you would all be made most welcome!
Take care all.
"Keep the Shiny Side Up!"
Cheers from, :cheers:
Nigel Pavey
ElanDriverA2WER.
ElanDriverA2WER
Welcome to LEC - please introduce yourself

Postby clemo » Thu 20.04.2017, 08:59

Me ..

Car back soon .

A south west meet up is in order soon .
Jim Clark S2 on the way . The one with the Yellow spoke wheels .
clemo

Location: TORQUAY .WESTSIDE well south west side in the southern bit.

Postby MPx » Thu 20.04.2017, 23:45

....and don't forget to get along to Castle Combe for the Club Lotus day on Sat 27th May - free to attend, many M100 usually do amongst 100s of other Lotus, and even more fun if you pay CL the £100 for track access....
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
MPx
Fanatic

Postby IanB1978 » Tue 07.11.2017, 00:11

Hi, I'm in bristol though I can't get mine started at the moment. Hopefully will do soon then I will be up for a meet.
IanB1978

Postby epipete » Fri 10.11.2017, 09:15

The problem with bracketing the South Wales with the English West Country is not that they are far apart but that they are inaccessible to one another! From Sully to Bridgwater takes 1.5 hrs and is only 80 miles. You're better off with the West Mildand Bunch or you could start a useful carferry company :D

On the other hand Pinky has just gone over to the dark side in the far Western extremities of Wales (rumour has it that he only left Weston super mud to try to locate the High Tide!) and of course there is Ian, above, but he's still trying to find his ignition key :twisted:

Geoff, the old BOLLOCKs has fallen to bits lately it'd be better remamed SCROTOM :oops:

Spread Countrywide, Ranging Overseas, Totally Off the Map

Or, BALLs - Bristol: Away, Left, or Leaving Shortly!
You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know. ... Oscar Wilde
epipete
God

Postby dapinky » Fri 10.11.2017, 11:36

We went back to Weston yesterday to collect the Elan - 147 miles each way (2 1/2 hours).... far quicker by boat than road.... but the drive home still brought a big smile to my face as I love driving the Lotus.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)