Club Lotus Bo'ness & Lotus Ecosse Group Scotland

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Club Lotus Bo'ness & Lotus Ecosse Group Scotland

Postby BigErch » Wed 14.09.2005, 11:01

Does anyone want to go along tonight?
If any of the Edinburgh Elans are going we could meet at Halfords at 8pm.
Give me a call or send a PM.
I'm sure we'll get some abuse for an M100 winning the concourse cup at Callender :D

cheers, Arch
BigErch
Fanatic

Postby Scott J » Wed 14.09.2005, 14:28

ha, a new thread for an old post.

Forgot about it and got something else planned, mid Sept already, disnae time fly.

Besides, I've got half a tank and cannae afford the journey at £1 litre - bah humbug. LPG conversion maybe :cry:

Yes, do rub it in that an M100 won the concours, I'm sure they will change the rules for next year (paranoid or what)
Scott J
The prodigal son

Postby RichyP » Wed 14.09.2005, 18:38

clutch cable problems count me out tonight. :cry:

hopefully get it sorted for next month.

Rich
RichyP
Tinkerer

Postby BigErch » Tue 11.10.2005, 07:47

Anyone going tommorrow night?

We have a prospective Elan buyer, interested in an S2, who would like to come along and look at a few cars.
I'll give Ron a phone tonight, Mike's in India and i think Rambo is on Holiday. Alan? What about the West Coasters? Is Missy fixed? Is Scott still running?

cheers, Arch
BigErch
Fanatic

Postby Rambo » Tue 11.10.2005, 09:58

Hi Archie,

I'm back from sunnier climes but en-route to Speyside. I had thought about going to Bo'ness on Wed. and continuing my journey northwards after the obligatory pint. Still undecided on this as I have a lot of business plans at the moment.

What about the usual rendezvous at the Straiton Halfords at 1945 - 2000 for anyone in the East.

If I'm there, I'm there - if I'm not, I'm not.

Mark
Rambo
Don't push me

Straiton or Boness

Postby Mungo » Tue 11.10.2005, 13:28

As a new-comer I'd like to check some details.

Is the Straiton Halfords in the same shopping complex as Ikea - I can't remember seeing Halfords, but I assume it's off the A701 somewhere there . . . I remember a turnoff for going to the NEXT shop ???

http://www.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=641154&location=LOANHEAD&clarifyIndex=&clarifyOptions=&searchType=classic&replayURL=%2Fucs%2FUcsSearchAction.do%3FsearchType%3Dclassic%26companyName%3DHalfords%26location%3DLoanhead%26scrambleSeed%3D2959%26ooascrambleSeed%3D%26slscrambleSeed%3D

What time does everyone meet and leave by ?

Cheers !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your worst day of golf is still better than your best day at work - EMG
Mungo

Re: Straiton or Boness

Postby BigErch » Tue 11.10.2005, 13:40

Mungo wrote:Is the Straiton Halfords in the same shopping complex as Ikea - I can't remember seeing Halfords, but I assume it's off the A701 somewhere there . . . I remember a turnoff for going to the NEXT shop ???

Yeah, take the turnoff the A701 for Next but at the mini r'bout don't turn left to go to next. Go straight on up the hill. At the next mini r'bout go straight over and Halfords is on the left in front of you.

Mungo wrote:What time does everyone meet and leave by ?

about 8pm

cheers Arch
BigErch
Fanatic

Postby Scott J » Tue 11.10.2005, 15:39

Don't know about Missy but Black beastie will be in Kenny Broons tomorrow for service, top end gaskets to stop the oil pishing everywhere, and rear brake proportion valves.

Depending on progress I may or may not be there.

Rambo, on holiday again :?: cruising up the whisky trail again :drunk:

PS: when I was at Kennys last week he had an S2/S3 Black Esprit up on the ramps, and had another BRG M100 booked in, not bigerch, anybody know of another BRG.
Scott J
The prodigal son

Postby Scott J » Wed 12.10.2005, 14:15

Can't make tonight, car in the sick ward. :(

Needs new rear disc, seized and rusted, ordering EBC replacement. :cry: &

Sump cracked and leaking, exhaust downpipe badly cracked, possible leak from oil cooler. Mark , I'm sure I damaged the sump when I drove over a large (buried) rock at the Applecross campsite..mmmm.... would've been cheaper doing B&B with Mrs Fish I think. :cry: :x
Scott J
The prodigal son

Postby Rambo » Wed 12.10.2005, 16:11

Scott J wrote: Sump cracked and leaking, exhaust downpipe badly cracked, possible leak from oil cooler. Mark , I'm sure I damaged the sump when I drove over a large (buried) rock at the Applecross campsite..mmmm.... would've been cheaper doing B&B with Mrs Fish I think

Commiserations Scott - if the sump is cracked and the oil cooler goosed you could've stayed with Mrs Fish for a week and still got some change. I'll make a mental note to avoid camouflaged rocks next time I'm up.

Probably not make Bo'ness tonight either - everything is working on my car but I don't fancy the 125 mile wet drive to Speyside, arriving after midnight and dossing in a damp, cold caravan. Looks like I'll have to watch Scotland getting cuffed by the Slovenians instead !!

Mark
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby BigErch » Thu 13.10.2005, 07:32

Well 50% of the Lotus's there last night were M100's. Pity there were only 4 cars tho! Richard and Alan (without ribeena mobile) turned up so we had a chat about the possibility of a get together sometime this month. Same kind of day as Aberfoyle last year. I'd spoke to John W and he reckoned the Northern boys might be up for it if we met half way. We were thinking maybe Perth/Pitlochry? Anyone else recomend a venue with a decent road we could go for a spin?
Anyway, if your interested post or PM dates of availability and an idea where you'd like to meet.
Richard, did you see my back end step out on the Hermiston Gate r'bout? Must have been a puddle or diesel cause I've been round there much quicker than that before :twisted: .
What happened to Mungo? We had an SE and S2 at Halfords but no show.

cheers, Arch
BigErch
Fanatic

Mungo No Show

Postby Mungo » Thu 13.10.2005, 12:41

Mungo was busy packing his car, getting ready to go on holiday.

:(

I just couldn't get away, but I have pencilled in for the next meet, if not before. I hope you guys didn't polish up your M100's just for me.

Please keep your ears peeled for S2s on the market. I fancy going down to Durham to see Mike's "high gloss red SE" with S2 boots when I get back.

Any of you guys seen his car?

Cheers !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your worst day of golf is still better than your best day at work - EMG
Mungo

Postby ab2cv » Fri 14.10.2005, 14:58

BigErch wrote:Anyway, if your interested post or PM dates of availability and an idea where you'd like to meet.
Richard, did you see my back end step out on the Hermiston Gate r'bout? Must have been a puddle or diesel cause I've been round there much quicker than that before :twisted: .
cheers, Arch

Back end stepping out - heck yeah, I felt it from sat in the passenger seat no less. Must've been my extra weight that pushed you wide Archie. All I can say is "Well held!"
On the run idea, I'm up for anyplace, anytime - have the car through in Edinburgh now, so any of the next couple of weekends would be ideal.
Alan
Yellow Esprit GT3
ab2cv
Fanatic

Postby stevo » Fri 14.10.2005, 18:17

missy is of the road with head trouble but will be back in action for stoneleigh.
arancio baby! thats italian for orange! i think?
stevo
God

Postby Scott J » Sat 15.10.2005, 15:13

club run - car is still waiting on rear discs, better be ready next week as i am off to blackpool.

Any w/e in Nov should be ok - la.[/list]
Scott J
The prodigal son

Postby RichyP » Sun 16.10.2005, 11:26

Arch,

Missed the tail slide... must have been something on the road, we were only doing 30 or so. I did wonder why you went up the bypass so slow.. hope you didn't soil the seats!! :shock:

Any further ideas on a route or which wkend, I liked the idea of somewhere central so all the elan clans can meet.

Rich
RichyP
Tinkerer

Postby Rambo » Tue 18.10.2005, 11:55

BigErch wrote: Richard and Alan (without ribeena mobile) turned up so we had a chat about the possibility of a get together sometime this month. Same kind of day as Aberfoyle last year. I'd spoke to John W and he reckoned the Northern boys might be up for it if we met half way. We were thinking maybe Perth/Pitlochry? Anyone else recomend a venue with a decent road we could go for a spin?
Anyway, if your interested post or PM dates of availability and an idea where you'd like to meet.

Pitlochry is about half way house for the northern/eastern clans - a bit further for the western mob.

Great roads around Perthshire - A93 from Perth to Braemar, the A924 run from Pitlochry to Bridge of Cally over Strath Ardle. Also lots of good twisty B roads (951/954) round about Alyth and Kirriemuir (Four and twenty virgins came down from Inverness, and when the war was over there were four and twenty less. Saying balls to your partner, ass against the wall......)

Of course you know where all these roads lead to ? Naturally a very fine hostelry that has real ales, wood fire and good food - all essential after a few miles with the top down. Plenty of space as well at the GlenIsla hotel to park cars and indulge in the usual tyre kicking and admiring the shine on my Collapso red !!

Anyway Archie, you asked for suggestions. I'm not around for a run until the w/e of 19/20 Nov, but if you go before then and need further info etc., give me a shout.

Mark

PS On the day of your tail slide I saw a 4wd almost lose it on the Straiton roundabout. He wasn't going fast either - I guess the roads were very slippy that day although I didn't have any tailslides
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Scott J » Thu 20.10.2005, 10:35

Mark,

Describe in 50 words the location behine black beastie :) and the name of the vessel
Scott J
The prodigal son

Postby Rambo » Fri 21.10.2005, 00:41

Scott J wrote:Mark,

Describe in 50 words the location behine black beastie :) and the name of the vessel

I think you've got me there Scott. I was going to say Applecross until I noticed that sharp, pointy hill in the background that looks suspiciously like Schiehallion. But then again, it could be Torridon/Gairloch area ? And it also reminds me of Port Appin, just past that great fish restaurant on the pier ?

As for the name on the vessel, the resolution on my laptop is shite but i can make out "The good ship Venus"

Go on then - put me out of my misery. Mark
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby RichyP » Wed 09.11.2005, 14:00

So, it's the second Wednesday of the month, already... anyone going tonight, or has it got too cold to kick tyres etc?

P.s. any of the scottish lot going to stoneleigh? I'll be heading down friday night after work, unless there's a convoy?!?
RichyP
Tinkerer

Next

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)