another new elan member essex

A forum where new members can introduce themselves and be welcomed by existing members.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

another new elan member essex

Postby scubasteve » Mon 29.10.2018, 21:20

Hi all, just to introduce myself as a new m100 owner in Essex ... and it was me driving past Benfleet station recently.
If I can't fix it - - it don't get fixed!!!
scubasteve

Re: another new elan member essex

Postby cliff » Mon 29.10.2018, 21:36

Not been there for a long time, used to work for a company based at Southend Airport. Welcome to LEC.

I like that but fixing this car will try your patience. :D :x
91 Lotus Elan SE Turbo
Alfa Romeo 159

If you can't be a good example, then you might as well be a terrible warning
cliff
God

Postby scubasteve » Mon 29.10.2018, 21:55

cliff wrote:Not been there for a long time, used to work for a company based at Southend Airport. Welcome to LEC.

I like that but fixing this car will try your patience. :D :x

Ha-ha. know what you mean. my test drive revealed non-runner over 3000rpm. made a cable and connected to laptop. car was showing temp of -40degrees. so was in limp mode. changed coolant temp sender unit to ecu (piece of cake) with a £6.48 Vauxhall/GM alternative off eBay. also refitted eml bulb in correct socket (I guess had previously been removed for MOT!!!). Anyway, car now running like a dream (scarily quick now) and the elanscan says all good - no faults. I love a challenge!! but couldn't have done it without all the knowledge on this site. Brilliant. I wonder what my next job on it will be? All the hood seals! - I will find alternatives to the standard sponge offerings. :-D
scubasteve

Postby Rambo » Mon 29.10.2018, 22:03

It's already been done and is being continually improved and updated by our very own JTS. You won't find better. I can guarantee that :wink:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Kipperozzy » Mon 29.10.2018, 22:28

Hello Scubasteve and Simonrush, welcome to LEC and Elan ownership :)
Looks like the cars are migrating south for the winter, I decided not to take mine out for a nice sunny drive last weekend when the gritter came past my house
Kipperozzy
Tinkerer

Postby Steve A » Mon 29.10.2018, 23:15

Ah the mystery of the Benfleet blue one has been solved at last :D
How about a photo of your car (so I can try and work out where in Benfleet you are )
I suppose I could be described as Jamie's Essex seal demonstration car, as I have the latest edition of his seals (at least that's what he tells me :lol: )
I'm practically round the corner to you (the Island of Canvey) I'd be happy to demonstrate them for you.
Maybe you could walk me round Elan scan (as I can't seem to get it to work) :poke:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby baldyash » Tue 30.10.2018, 07:52

Hi,and welcome. I'm also in Benfleet. Steel Blue. There's a Red one on Kiln Rd. as well, with no rear spoiler attached. Just run out of back brakes ,so that this weeks job when PM delivery arrives!
baldyash
Enthusiast

Postby scubasteve » Tue 30.10.2018, 11:25

thanks for all replies. most welcome.
actually there is yet another new elan owner in Essex as well. my brother-in-law who bought a yellow one if you've seen it driving around.
he lives just around the corner to me in Benfleet - but will be relying on ME to maintain and fault find his car in the future!! :bonk:
STEVE A would like to see your hood demo car (my seals are shot) and I could bring my home made obd usb cable (was about a tenner in parts and five mins with a soldering iron) and seems to works well with elanscan on both windows 7 and windows XP. be glad to show you.
can't seem to send Private Messages on forum for some reason - perhaps you could email me direct to arrange??
scubasteve

Postby Steve A » Tue 30.10.2018, 13:06

scubasteve wrote:thanks for all replies. most welcome.
actually there is yet another new elan owner in Essex as well. my brother-in-law who bought a yellow one if you've seen it driving around.
he lives just around the corner to me in Benfleet - but will be relying on ME to maintain and fault find his car in the future!! :bonk:
STEVE A would like to see your hood demo car (my seals are shot) and I could bring my home made obd usb cable (was about a tenner in parts and five mins with a soldering iron) and seems to works well with elanscan on both windows 7 and windows XP. be glad to show you.
can't seem to send Private Messages on forum for some reason - perhaps you could email me direct to arrange??

You have a PM as the email isn't working :?
Steve A
God

Postby dapinky » Tue 30.10.2018, 13:32

Steve A wrote:

Both PM and email have 'limitations' on them until a member has posted sufficiently on the forum (don't blame me, I didn't choose/set up the software!)..... I don't know if it's set to 1 post, 5 possts, 10 posts or whatever..... so just add some cr@p and it'll work :lol:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby scubasteve » Tue 30.10.2018, 13:46

thanks Dave will do.
STEVE A managed to get an email to me and he's local so its a start. :D
scubasteve

Postby Steve A » Tue 30.10.2018, 17:21

dapinky wrote:
Steve A wrote:

Both PM and email have 'limitations' on them until a member has posted sufficiently on the forum (don't blame me, I didn't choose/set up the software!)..... I don't know if it's set to 1 post, 5 possts, 10 posts or whatever..... so just add some cr@p and it'll work :lol:

I'm not having a go at anybody, as far as I'm concerned all those people in the back ground that push buttons and twiddle knobs are doing a great job :bowdown:
Steve A
God

Postby Rambo » Tue 30.10.2018, 18:46

dapinky wrote:so just add some cr@p like Rambo and it'll work :lol:

There are plenty of knob twiddlers on here Steve :wink:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Tue 30.10.2018, 19:53

ooooh, knobs :censored:
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby dapinky » Tue 30.10.2018, 20:29

Steve,

I wasn't intending to suggest that anyone was having a go - I was purely trying to suggest why the system wasn't working..... however, having re-read what i wrote, I accept that it could have been taken different to how i intended it to. :cheers:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby scubasteve » Thu 01.11.2018, 15:35

Ooops. what have I started here :?:

Raining in Benfleet. Car sorned for winter. Time to get the spanners out. Cam Belt here I come - looks like fun!!
scubasteve

Postby simonrush » Wed 07.11.2018, 21:43

i think sorn time for me too. I've bought parts for elanscan but so busy right now not put together. We'll have to get together when the rain goes away. As the water pump needed changing along with radiator I bought cambelt bits a year ago from rock auto in usa and my garage fitted.
simonrush

Postby scubasteve » Fri 09.11.2018, 05:59

Hi Simon, sent you an email. :cheers:
scubasteve

Return to New Members - Introductions