Scottish Borders New Member

A forum where new members can introduce themselves and be welcomed by existing members.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, clemo, Nige, Specky, Sy V, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman

Scottish Borders New Member

Postby TD2 » Mon 11.03.2019, 23:23

Hi all,

New to Lotus but known to Rambo!

A 1991 SE will shortly be headed north from congested Sussex to enjoy the stunning driving roads of The Scottish Borders.

I will keep you all in suspense as to which car It is until it is picked up when photos will be posted.

Has a good service (lots of stamps) and MoT history.
TD2

Re: Scottish Borders New Member

Postby Rambo » Tue 12.03.2019, 09:21

Well done Ian.

Looking forward to seeing her in the flesh at Milestone in a couple of weeks :smt023
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby alan e » Tue 12.03.2019, 20:23

We will have to start building that wall again if you don't stop moving most of the cars north of it :D
Black 1992 M100
Austin 7 1932 box saloon
BMW X5
alan e
Fanatic

Postby TD2 » Tue 12.03.2019, 22:22

alan e wrote:We will have to start building that wall again if you don't stop moving most of the cars north of it :D

Sorry but we can’t help that the cars know where to come to be properly exercised!
TD2

Postby Rambo » Wed 13.03.2019, 10:35

Scotland will soon have the largest population of M100's per capita in the world at this rate. If it hasn't already :smt023
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Kipperozzy » Wed 13.03.2019, 20:36

Hi TD2, welcome to the forum, I’m sure Rambo will look after you and your new Elan. :D
Will you be driving up the A1 this Saturday ? If so I”ll keep a look out for you, I’m going to pick up our new family car from East Midlands airport and hopefully will be heading north in the morning .
Kipperozzy
Tinkerer

Postby par » Wed 13.03.2019, 23:56

Welcome!

At this rate it might be worth turning up to Bo'ness again :D
par
Fanatic

Postby TD2 » Thu 14.03.2019, 22:53

Kipperozzy wrote:Hi TD2, welcome to the forum, I’m sure Rambo will look after you and your new Elan. :D
Will you be driving up the A1 this Saturday ? If so I”ll keep a look out for you, I’m going to pick up our new family car from East Midlands airport and hopefully will be heading north in the morning .

Not this coming weekend; snow is forecast here in the Borders.

All being well will bring it North before the end of the month.

Rambo is chomping at the bit, hope our paths cross during the summer.
TD2

Postby Scott J » Fri 15.03.2019, 09:00

par wrote:Welcome!

Par, There is far more then boring old Bo'ness.

L.E.G.S have a monthly Sunday brunch , details on T.L.F. and Lotus Ecosse Facebook.

Leven Lotus now doing Sunday brunch, 1st Sun, Mar, May, Jul, Sept. I was there 2 weeks ago, about 50 people. Free Greggs butties and coffees for all.

This Sunday Lotus Drivers Club are kicking off their meets, 3rd Sun each Month at Macdonald Inchrya Grangemouth. Special Lotus rates, £1.50 roll n bacon, £1 a coffee !!! L.D.C is now run by Jim Lov and Jim Grant has retired. Event is open to all and they are trying to move on from Wed night tyre kicking at Boringness. All are Welcome. Weather looks crap this weekend but come summer probably some drive outs added .

Lets see Clan Elan back out again, rare seeing a M100 these days, Alan 2CV is the only one I ever see at Sun brunches, apart from Archie in his Death Star. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
Scott J
The prodigal son

Postby TD2 » Fri 15.03.2019, 21:51

Thanks all,

Looking forward to meeting up with you all. Hopefully first outing might be on the Caledonian Classic and Historic Motor Club Reivers Run on the 7th April. Their events are usually good and they welcome any Sportscars.

At the moment have my RV8 entered.
TD2

Postby par » Sat 16.03.2019, 00:34

Scott J wrote:

Par, There is far more then boring old Bo'ness.

L.E.G.S have a monthly Sunday brunch , details on T.L.F. and Lotus Ecosse Facebook.

Leven Lotus now doing Sunday brunch, 1st Sun, Mar, May, Jul, Sept. I was there 2 weeks ago, about 50 people. Free Greggs butties and coffees for all.

This Sunday Lotus Drivers Club are kicking off their meets, 3rd Sun each Month at Macdonald Inchrya Grangemouth. Special Lotus rates, £1.50 roll n bacon, £1 a coffee !!! L.D.C is now run by Jim Lov and Jim Grant has retired. Event is open to all and they are trying to move on from Wed night tyre kicking at Boringness. All are Welcome. Weather looks crap this weekend but come summer probably some drive outs added .

Lets see Clan Elan back out again, rare seeing a M100 these days, Alan 2CV is the only one I ever see at Sun brunches, apart from Archie in his Death Star. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Thanks Scott,

Not on Facebook so good to know about these alternatives, will definitely get along to some of these when the better weather comes along :D
par
Fanatic

Postby TD2 » Sun 17.03.2019, 10:17

Jim Clark theme for this years Bo’ness Revival, The Jim Clark Trust are attending and the Saturday run is headed for the Borders and the new Jim Clark Museum in Duns.
TD2

Return to New Members - Introductions