New member in Louisiana looking for an M100

A forum where new members can introduce themselves and be welcomed by existing members.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, clemo, nitroman, Specky, GeoffSmith, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT

New member in Louisiana looking for an M100

Postby ProfHyams » Sat 27.04.2019, 06:18

Hi everyone,

I’m a new member now based in Louisiana USA. I’ve been able to almost buy two different Elans in as many months but wasn’t quite quick enough. Consequently, I’m still in the market. If you have any leads please let me know.
A little background - I teach media arts and have been teaching art car design with support from Mazda North America for the past 6-7 years. We typically use printed vinyl and have shown cars in the Washington dc autoshow mazda booth for the past several years. The current project is an alternative fuel rotary art car based on a steam (science technology engineering art mathematics) education grant. Here is a recent news story.
https://www.kalb.com/content/news/Full- ... 16631.html

My very first model cars were Lotus And I would like to actually own one soon.
Thanks,
Collier
ProfHyams

Re: New member in Louisiana looking for an M100

Postby RichardK » Sat 27.04.2019, 13:57

Welcome to LEC! I'm based on the Northshore, my car is not for sale but if you fancy a drive in yellow one...an almost fully sorted stock car, let me know.

I am nearly willing to risk a trip up the 49 as well :-)...i had a few engine gremlins that have been a bit pesky!

If you need any help looking at a car or repair advice / assistance that is closer than John, don't hesitate!

Happy hunting

Richard
CAPETOWN - RED 92 SE: V5 and LGM Turbo Installed
NEW ORLEANS - YELLOW 91 FED. TLC Required.
RichardK
Fanatic

Postby ProfHyams » Sat 27.04.2019, 20:01

Thanks Richard! Sounds great. I’ve been looking around and the prices range from around 5500 to 19k. Surely 15k is a massive difference?
ProfHyams

Postby ProfHyams » Fri 12.07.2019, 04:51

Are there any other M100’s in Louisiana?
I could probably risk driving the shed to meet other cars within a few hours from 71457.
ProfHyams

Postby sideways » Fri 12.07.2019, 05:01

ProfHyams wrote:Are there any other M100’s in Louisiana?
I could probably risk driving the shed to meet other cars within a few hours from 71457.

Unfortunately, since there are so few M100s overall the chance of seeing 'a few' - anywhere -is remote. I live in Canada (BC, similar population to that of Louisiana) and there are no more than a handful here - and there is a very strong Lotus presence here.

Coincidentally mine is for sale but it is 2600 miles away :shock:

On the up side mine has low miles and the V5 chip so the journey back, while being long, would be done a little more quickly than with a stock M100. :D

Good luck with the search, take your time and buy the best example you can find rather than one which has multiple needs.
sideways at speed
Delta BC Canada
sideways
Enthusiast

Return to New Members - Introductions