Using elanscan

A forum where new members can introduce themselves and be welcomed by existing members.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

Re: Using elanscan

Postby Rambo » Wed 04.09.2019, 18:12

This is a very interesting thread, despite much of it going over my mutton head, but I am still trying to follow it.

I would agree with Simon's theory that you are trying to adjust and rectify a problem but that problem is still there. It sounds like you have the nous and skills to get your head round it Chas so here's to reading you get it sorted eventually :cheers:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Chas54 » Sat 07.09.2019, 12:52

Thanks for comments.

I think there is probably still a problem but going with Simon P suggestion , I think it may be injector or reg valve.
I will probably have a look over winter , there a place in Devizes, Wiltshire that will clean and overhaul injectors which sounds a cheaper option than new.

At the moment though, its running far better than when I got it -- about four months ago. I new it smelt rich when I got it but it performed ok otherwise but maybe a bit thirsty.

Ive just replaced the fuel filter , as I have put this cleaning fluid in the tank, I thought I might have a look inside , definitely some crud but not blocked or anything drastic.
The injector bandwidth is around 1.2ms which sounds a little low but the CO is running around 2% .

This is my first experience of messing with petrol injection and ECU issues and I have the information and advice on this forum invaluable.

Ive attached my latest elanscan data, all comments welcome of course.

I had some problems getting an understanding of how to use the elanscan software and the fuel system principles.. I am far more familiar with my Austin Sevens.

Now I am also getting to grips with viewing past articles on this forum , I see some people have quite often had to explain the same thing numerous times to others. I'm just gratefull they haven't got bored with it yet.

Regards

Charlie
Attachments
6sept lymington.zip
(146.16 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Chas54

Postby Rambo » Sat 07.09.2019, 13:42

Personally, I think having the OEM injectors professionally cleaned is a better idea than buying new. Particularly if you've laid the car up over winter and don't require an immediate fix
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby dapinky » Sat 07.09.2019, 15:55

I had a set done a few years ago from the company in Devizes - made quite a noticable difference in the smooth running of the car. They were quite fast turnaround and I have no problem in recommending their service.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Rambo » Sat 07.09.2019, 19:21

That's good news for all M100 owners with injector problems :wink:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Chas54 » Thu 07.11.2019, 18:00

Now I am SORNed for winter I have just removed the fuel injectors and am going to send them off to Devizes in Wiltshire for a test and clean..

The memcal upgrade proved successful and I ran with some fuel system snake oil through August.

I found removing the plenum chamber awkward though. Being unable to see the bolts on the back of the flange and the petrol line clamps results in some cussing.

So, whilst its off, does anyone think I should be doing anything else at the back of the engine??

I will be testing the fuel reg as well , once I think of a method of pulling a measured vacuum on the diaphragm.

All comments welcomed

regards
Charlie
Chas54

Previous

Return to New Members - Introductions