Oreet

A forum where new members can introduce themselves and be welcomed by existing members.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

Oreet

Postby shirt » Thu 15.10.2020, 18:33

Hi all.

The topic I posted is flashing to tell me to introduce myself so I am doing as I am told. I'm Phil, pleased to meet you.

Originally from the UK but spend the last 10yrs as an expat and currently a professional vagrant of no fixed abode but domiciled in the UAE. Current fleet consists of:

Runners:

Land Rover LR3 V8 - best car I've ever owned, my daily workhorse.
S2 Lotus Elise R - one of a handful in the country, originally a Canadian market car
Ducati Monster 1100 Evo - I got my 2 wheeled licence in January and bought this, my first bike, hehe. Weirdly also Canadian, but delivered new to UAE to a Canuck first owner.

Projects:

Renault Clio Cup - factory 182 cup race car [championship winning team] with sequential box, full cage, silly complicated ecu you can't hack etc. Currently having a bottom end rebuild and prep for sale as its so bloody fickle for what should be a simple car.
Radical SR8 - bought as a roller, fitting a 1.6 ecoboost longitudinally with a hewland sequential. Hoping its scarier than the bike as otherwise i done messed up.
2 x M100's - the reason I'm here!

Hmmm what else. I race [I'm slow], scrutineer [I'm lenient] and have project ambitions way beyond my mechanical abilities and the capacity of my wallet. I hope to demonstrate this ably with said M100 project. :cheers:
shirt

Re: Oreet

Postby rip » Fri 16.10.2020, 13:49

That's an interesting collection of cars.
Are you intending to get both M100s running, or use 1 as a donor to make the other a good one?
1990 SE
rip
God

Postby HJ2 » Sat 17.10.2020, 20:57

Wow, a radical! :burnout:

Welcome at the best M100 source online.
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
Wodan - God of the Low Lands

Postby shirt » Sun 18.10.2020, 14:26

rip wrote:That's an interesting collection of cars.
Are you intending to get both M100s running, or use 1 as a donor to make the other a good one?

2 into 1 i reckon. the lotus shell has no running gear and the chassis has been cut front and rear as it enters the tunnel. i'm taking the interior from it and any hard to find / useful spares and then will see what's left. my mate said hovercraft. i'm not entirely against this...

HJ2 wrote:Wow, a radical! :burnout:

Welcome at the best M100 source online.

thanks. its been great so far as a resource and i've read callmelegend's thread on PH. some neat solutions to replacing and repairing obsolete parts.

the radical was a great bargain. i paid £3k/15000AED for a roller. Complete less engine and box which the seller [a crazy mate] put into an exige shell which is currently for sale on racecarsdirect. the big brake kits front and rear are worth more than that alone, as are the intrax dampers. i'm effectively fitting a formula ford drivetrain. bought a NOS hewland sequential from TOMs Team Racing in Japan for 1/4 of rrp and then Mygale had a sale on so i bought the bellhousing etc. Last bit of the puzzle was a £300 ebay ecoboost which arrived the other month, so when i get time i can start mocking that up.

suffering from too many projects at the minute!
shirt

Return to New Members - Introductions