TEXAS NEW MEMBER donating London Pint price [US 6.49]

A forum where new members can introduce themselves and be welcomed by existing members.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

TEXAS NEW MEMBER donating London Pint price [US 6.49]

Postby enthusiasmos » Mon 14.11.2022, 01:08

..TEXAS NEW MEMBER. Want to DONATE, but do not see how-to readily. Figured i would start with the US equivalent of a London Pub Pint... raised in honor of Queen Elizabeth II. *Would that ALL our 'Leaders' were in Her Class!! [Someone please clue me in re how to Donate.]
JOINING TO SEEK OUT A LOTUS M100 !! Experienced Mechanic who has built/modified/raced/street-driven numerous Autos and MotoCycles. Would like to purchase a Forum member's "BABY"... and give it a Good Home !! It will NOT be a 'Garage Queen'... it will be DRIVEN in the manner it was DESIGNED to be !!
Last edited by enthusiasmos on Mon 14.11.2022, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
enthusiasmos

Re: TEXAS NEW MEMBER donating London Pint pirice [US 6.49]

Postby rip » Mon 14.11.2022, 13:10

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
I can't help suggest available Elans because I am in the UK.
geoffsmith is our treasurer, who is based in the UK. I have not donated for some time, the last of which was cash in a tin at a show but that is not exactly practical from the US.

I hope you find something good. With most US Elans now being 30+ years old, most of those which are left should have been looked after fairly well.
1990 SE
rip
God

Postby enthusiasmos » Mon 14.11.2022, 13:43

Thanks for the reply and info, RIP. Do you know how to contact geofsmith (sic?); still want to donate that 'pirice' (my fingers often make typos; work on too many different kinds of PC Keyboards, and they don't know where-to-go anymore...
Guess you get lotsa noise from RAF Croughton, eh? Believe Milton Keynes is 'close-enough'... Also, would be interested in mods you have made to your own M100. You have a link maybe, to one of your Posts with the details?
enthusiasmos

Re: TEXAS NEW MEMBER donating London Pint price [US 6.49]

Postby TrevorB » Mon 14.11.2022, 14:50

Hi
I'm sure Geoff will be along and answer your query about a donation, I think he is currently on vacation at his holiday home.

Although I am in UK I am a member of LOOT (Lotus Owners of Texas). This is a forum on Facebook, are you aware of this?
The reason I joined LOOT is because we have family in San Antonio and are in fact there next week. I shall also, hopefully, be
attending the next meeting of LOOT on 4th December. Where abouts in Texas are you?

Welcome to LEC.

Trevor
Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion with BB aluminium cables
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Re: TEXAS NEW MEMBER donating London Pint price [US 6.49]

Postby TorqueHorse » Mon 14.11.2022, 15:17

Welcome! Nice to have a neighbor on here too now. Where in Texas are you? I'm in Austin.
Sorry, I don't know of anyone that is selling right now, but you never know when the next one will get posted on one of the sale aggregators or auction sites (in addition to the Lotus community sites like this). There was one that just sold on BAT down in Corpus last month, so they are out there, but patience is your friend given the very limited stock.

As to the donation, I'm happy to accept liquid asset donations anytime :wink: ...oh, but yeah, I'm just a member like you, so if you actually wanted to help the site financially, I can forward you via PM the PayPal deets I got when I donated (if Geoff doesn't get back to you)
:cheers:

And just now seeing Trevor's reply. Brilliant, hope to see (maybe both of) you on the 4th! Also, depending on if you are closer to Houston, there is another group LOST (Lotus Owners of South Texas).
'90 FED M100 -mid resto
Chassis Exterior FrSus RrSus Engine Trans Wheels Steering Brakes Cooling Fuel Ventilation Exhaust Interior
TorqueHorse
Fanatic

Postby rip » Wed 16.11.2022, 10:03

enthusiasmos wrote:Thanks for the reply and info, RIP. Do you know how to contact geofsmith (sic?); still want to donate that 'pirice' (my fingers often make typos; work on too many different kinds of PC Keyboards, and they don't know where-to-go anymore...
Guess you get lotsa noise from RAF Croughton, eh? Believe Milton Keynes is 'close-enough'... Also, would be interested in mods you have made to your own M100. You have a link maybe, to one of your Posts with the details?

You should be able to PM Geoff. His user id is simply geoffsmith. As mentioned above, he may well be away at his holiday home right now.
RAF Croughton? I had to look it up :D It is about a 30-45 minute journey away from me.

I have made a few mods to my Elan. Some of them are covered in the Major Projects section, which for some of us is a blog about what we have done. I have not been very active for a while though, so it may look a little out of date, but I have done the following:
Uprated front & rear brakes (Vectra/Subaru front & PNM rear).
16" US alloy wheels (on there when I bought it - I didn't even know they were different until Josler pointed them out.
No key holes on the doors. Something else done before I bought the car.
Stainless rear wishbones
Boot mounted battery terminals
Elise rear light clusters
Lotus Girl Marie roll hoops
Lotus Girl Marie induction pipes with Greddy blow off valve (mine vents though a pipe & filter so it doesn't go 'tish' when I change gear).
AB gear cables with AB short shift & a slightly shortened gear lever.
Seats re-covered (as per my avatar, in purple). I took the opportunity of fitting seat heaters when I had this done.
I have some stainless instrument panel dials to go in but I have not fitted those yet. I also have some heater elements for them because on cool days, driving with the roof down makes the dials steam up.

I think that is about it. There is probably something I have forgotten though.
1990 SE
rip
God

Return to New Members - Introductions