Mellow Yellow

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: Mellow Yellow

Postby lotos » Sun 11.05.2014, 13:22

So true. I almost said, "This will be your car one day!" but quickly thought better of it.
lotos
God

Postby tigerdog » Sun 11.05.2014, 18:39

Lookin' good! :smt023
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby lotos » Tue 12.09.2017, 02:22

I finally got the shift cables installed and put in a new clutch for good measure. It's night and day what it was before, I wish I'd done this years ago. I think I'm going to finally install the Everest chip tomorrow if time allows. (Yes... 9 years after I bought it!) I have the upgraded brakes, and now have a clutch that can handle some additional power. I've been driving the Elan every day (to be honest, it's to drive by automated emissions stations so I don't have to let the dumb 16 year old put my car on the dyno ever again) and I'm just in love all over again.

Edit: Sept 13 9am. The chip install was so much easier than I expected. The instructions (thanks Doug!) were incredibly clear and within 20 minutes, it was back in the car which started up better than ever and no CEL. Test drive pending...
lotos
God

Previous

Return to Projects - Car (Major)