Ian's first foray into Lotus ownership - AHJ

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: Ian's first foray into Lotus ownership - AHJ

Postby dapinky » Tue 07.07.2015, 18:57

Make = Stant
Part number = 45858

As per my list above - it is the correct one for our cars, and if you haven't changed yours recently, is worth doing it at the same time for that price.

(there are even cheaper ones on the RA website, but this is their 'premium' range)
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky

Postby Danevansgolf » Tue 07.07.2015, 19:30

I understand now.. I actually changed mine last year when I change the temp sender. Long story! Over tightened the first sender and it snapped in the hole. Couldn't get it out when attached to the car, so I ended up taking out the whole unit. So much easier. . Any more stuff needed from rc before I place an order would be great help. Also might need new coils aswell, not sure yet. I have the electronic part behind the coil pack. Where's best to get 2 new coils from?
Danevansgolf
Tinkerer

Postby Ian T » Mon 24.08.2015, 23:10

Just for reference later, I found this and thought it may be useful:

Make sense of emission readings - assumes you have a 4 or 5 gas analyser, but shows the first MOT test readings were very rich and the CO was in this case the dead giveaway. It also suggests that the best (idle) CO reading would be approximately 1.5%, which will give me a sound basis for comparison when I go back and check it following a run soon.

The last MOT test (this year) indicated that it was running very cleanly indeed so I have a reference there also.
Ex-happy owner of no 117, built 1st May 1990. :)
Ian T
Fanatic

Postby Ian T » Sat 14.05.2016, 20:23

I know I have been quiet for a while, the weather is improving after being gash for far too long.

I have an impending storage problem and hate to say it, but unless I sort that out, the Elan is looking like it may have to be sold. The lock up garage that I have been renting for the last 12 years or so for the Astra is earmarked for demolition in the next couple of months and I am expecting to get my marching orders very shortly. While I know I will regret it (and be back), if anyone wants to buy my early model (opera glass lights) SE, get in touch and come and see it. :(

There are too many friends in this forum for me to disappear completely and

Ian.
Ian T
Fanatic

Postby maz_r » Sat 14.05.2016, 20:42

You know you will regret it Ian....

Put your efforts into finding another lockup!!! ;)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary.....
maz_r
Binary Bodger

Postby Ian T » Sat 14.05.2016, 21:01

Two reasons... one (prevailing) is storage, in which case you are right, the second is I have a 1968 Elan Plus 2 in my garage at home, which means I would have to leave the M100 outside, which I don't want to do.

I'm looking for a lock up though...
Ian T
Fanatic

Previous

Return to Projects - Car (Major)