Pinky II

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: Pinky II

Postby Monty » Wed 14.09.2011, 22:36

surfboardfiller wrote:Nige had a problem with his, something to do with the handbrake and pinching a seal. :?
I'll ask him tomorrow.



LMAO :lol:

Waiting for the replacement calipers :wink:
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 8046
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Manchester

Re: Pinky II

Postby surfboardfiller » Thu 29.09.2011, 23:26

Monty wrote:
surfboardfiller wrote:Nige had a problem with his, something to do with the handbrake and pinching a seal. :?
I'll ask him tomorrow.



LMAO :lol:

Waiting for the replacement calipers :wink:


Doesn't take much to make you laugh your ass off then Monty, god knows what would happen if someone told you a joke, you'd probably end up in a room with no furniture. :bonk:
User avatar
surfboardfiller
God
 
Posts: 2831
Joined: Sat 22.10.2005, 14:08
Location: Somerset - England

Re: Pinky II

Postby Rice crispy » Fri 30.09.2011, 12:00

surfboardfiller wrote:
Monty wrote:
surfboardfiller wrote:Nige had a problem with his, something to do with the handbrake and pinching a seal. :?
I'll ask him tomorrow.



LMAO :lol:

Waiting for the replacement calipers :wink:


Doesn't take much to make you laugh your ass off then Monty, god knows what would happen if someone told you a joke, you'd probably end up in a room with no furniture. :bonk:


:lol: super fast comeback
User avatar
Rice crispy
God
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
Location: brentwood essex

Re: Pinky II

Postby Monty » Fri 30.09.2011, 14:04

surfboardfiller wrote:
Monty wrote:
surfboardfiller wrote:Nige had a problem with his, something to do with the handbrake and pinching a seal. :?
I'll ask him tomorrow.



LMAO :lol:

Waiting for the replacement calipers :wink:


Doesn't take much to make you laugh your ass off then Monty, god knows what would happen if someone told you a joke, you'd probably end up in a room with no furniture. :bonk:


Thats why i live in a empty house :lol:


The leak in the rear Hi-spec calipers has been a known for IIRC about a year, hence the LMAO :wink:


Got the new calipers sat here waiting to be fitted.
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 8046
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Manchester

Re: Pinky II

Postby surfboardfiller » Wed 05.10.2011, 16:19

lansledj wrote:
:lol: super fast comeback


Wow that's incredible, I thought you were smart enough to realise not everyone spends all their time on LEC. I have a job, a life and stuff to do, judging by the size of your fat ass I'd say you don't. Laugh it up fat boy. :wink: :lol:
User avatar
surfboardfiller
God
 
Posts: 2831
Joined: Sat 22.10.2005, 14:08
Location: Somerset - England

Re: Pinky II

Postby Nige » Wed 05.10.2011, 17:23

Monty wrote:
The leak in the rear Hi-spec calipers has been a known for IIRC about a year, hence the LMAO :wink:


Bearing in mind I hadn't driven the car from Oct 09 to May 11 having crashed it and then been away from the time I got it back. The leak wasn't there when it was MOT'd in Apr 11 but was there when I had new tyres fitted 2 weeks later. The history of the leak from the problems other had made it clear what the fault was.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3051
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: Pinky II

Postby Rice crispy » Wed 05.10.2011, 18:43

surfboardfiller wrote:
lansledj wrote:
:lol: super fast comeback


Wow that's incredible, I thought you were smart enough to realise not everyone spends all their time on LEC. I have a job, a life and stuff to do, judging by the size of your fat ass I'd say you don't. Laugh it up fat boy. :wink: :lol:


news to me :lol:
User avatar
Rice crispy
God
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
Location: brentwood essex

Re: Pinky II

Postby Monty » Fri 04.11.2011, 18:33

Just an update, fitted the Hi-spec rear calipers and Bob`s longer lever and Bracket a few weeks ago. Not done alot of testing, i can get 5 clicks and 6 with 2 hands. With 6 clicks the handbrake holds great, going to do more small adjustments to see if i can get it the handbrake to work at 5 clicks with one hand.

Image

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 8046
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Manchester

Re: Pinky II

Postby Monty » Fri 04.11.2011, 18:37

Since i was testing Dico`s none BBR beast thought i`d test my own.

Sniffer test, all clear :-D

Compression test

Warm test
Dry
#1------155
#2------150
#3------150
#4------160


Last test August 2009
WARM Engine
------Dry
#1 160
#2 150
#3 155
#4 160

Last edited by Monty on Fri 04.11.2011, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 8046
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Manchester

Re: Pinky II

Postby bobbrown » Fri 04.11.2011, 18:44

Monty that's not that far off what it should be as the manual states 169 psi at 300 rpm, not sure what speed the starter spins the engine.
Pacific Blue N/A
" When you’re up to your arse in alligators, it’s difficult to remember that the object of the exercise is to drain the swamp"
please use email for correspondence
User avatar
bobbrown
God
 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Wed 10.05.2006, 12:51
Location: North Essex

Re: Pinky II

Postby Monty » Fri 04.11.2011, 18:54

bobbrown wrote:Monty that's not that far off what it should be as the manual states 169 psi at 300 rpm, not sure what speed the starter spins the engine.


and depends on the gauge i suppose. It`s not changed that much from last time i tested it. Just looked back and the last head gasket was back in October 2007, so now over 4 years ago and going strong :-D
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 8046
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Manchester

Re: Pinky II

Postby bobbrown » Fri 04.11.2011, 19:04

Gauge will have a tollerance and depending on the quality the tollerance could be as much as 10%

The readings are with in 10% of each other so that's fine, bet my Elan gives higher readings :wink:
Pacific Blue N/A
" When you’re up to your arse in alligators, it’s difficult to remember that the object of the exercise is to drain the swamp"
please use email for correspondence
User avatar
bobbrown
God
 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Wed 10.05.2006, 12:51
Location: North Essex

Re: Pinky II

Postby rip » Sat 05.11.2011, 00:53

bobbrown wrote: bet my Elan gives higher readings :wink:

Wouldn't you be worried if it didn't? :poke:
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5708
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: Pinky II

Postby bobbrown » Sat 05.11.2011, 01:20

Yes and increasing the C/R is on the cards if the head comes off as there is room to go higher like something closer to 10.8:1 or even a tad over 11:1.
Pacific Blue N/A
" When you’re up to your arse in alligators, it’s difficult to remember that the object of the exercise is to drain the swamp"
please use email for correspondence
User avatar
bobbrown
God
 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Wed 10.05.2006, 12:51
Location: North Essex

Previous

Return to Projects - Car (Major)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest