PCV breather hose wanted

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, GeoffSmith

PCV breather hose wanted

Postby Alan M » Thu 03.09.2020, 11:16

I’m looking for a good hose that goes from the PCV valve on the cam cover to the plenum. I’ve tried various suppliers and these are NLA. previous owner butchered the one on recently purchased car (and removed innards of PCV valve giving a nice vacuum leak :roll: ) and used water hose pipe to repair !

Photo below.

1194CBAC-017C-4DA8-9C85-1DD257149973.jpeg
Alan M

Re: PCV breather hose wanted

Postby Rambo » Thu 03.09.2020, 19:06

This looks like the PCV valve to cam cover hose, unless I'm mistaken ??? P/N A100E6476S ?

If so, they may well be available from SJS but, by the time you factor in postage and VAT, you'll probably be paying double what its worth :shock: If you catch Steve on a sunny day when he is in a good mood he might just slip it in for 2nd class postage. If not, team it up with other parts you might need and spread the costs
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 03.09.2020, 19:34

I'd be tempted to try to use a suitably sized silicone vacuum hose, maybe with an elbow.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby dapinky » Thu 03.09.2020, 20:01

I used just such a silicone hose - but instead of finding one with an elbow, or making a joint on a rigid elbow, I simply 'looped' it round to fit.... maybe not the most elegant solution, but no-one has ever passed comment, and it works!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Alan M » Thu 03.09.2020, 22:09

Rambo wrote:This looks like the PCV valve to cam cover hose, unless I'm mistaken ??? P/N A100E6476S ?

If so, they may well be available from SJS but, by the time you factor in postage and VAT, you'll probably be paying double what its worth :shock: If you catch Steve on a sunny day when he is in a good mood he might just slip it in for 2nd class postage. If not, team it up with other parts you might need and spread the costs

As said, tried suppliers, including SJS who’s site show it, but they don’t have it and no longer available from Lotus. They have the PCV valve and grommet which I have on order. PNM said they’ve never sold one.

As suggested it looks like I will need to go with silicone hose. I will also have a go and see if I can get the glued on hose pipe off the original hose.
Alan M

Postby Alan M » Sun 20.09.2020, 19:02

Sorted. I managed to unstick the garden hose from the PCV hose without damage. Replacing the PCV valve became a pain though as when trying to pull it out of the grommet it fell to pieces and snapped off flush with the grommet. This then fell inside the cam cover. So what should have taken 5 minutes ended up taking a bit longer having to remove the cam cover to retrieve the broken bits of PCV valve.
Alan M

Return to Elan Parts - Wanted