Cam and belt change set/kit

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: Cam and belt change set/kit

Postby vinnie » Thu 29.12.2016, 14:19

Will these part numbers be okay for the S2. I want to do a C service and change mine also. What are the best spark plugs ..?
vinnie

Postby lotusflasherman » Thu 29.12.2016, 16:29

vinnie wrote:Will these part numbers be okay for the S2. I want to do a C service and change mine also. What are the best spark plugs ..?

Yes. When Romano Artioli bought Lotus he found he'd got 800 SE engines so the S2 was commissioned to use them up. Emmission legislation had tightened up so the S2 had to have a cat', lamda sensor and closed loop system but all the main engine components are the same.

Spark plugs recommended by handbook are NGK BKR6E-11 which you can get from Halfords on-line for about £18. I have a box of NGK BKR6EK which is a twin electrode plug that is pretty close sitting on a shelf in the garage. (Think I bought them from the nearest Halfords while chasing a misfire that turned out to be an injector that needed cleaning.)
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby vinnie » Thu 29.12.2016, 19:39

Thanks will get on with ordering
vinnie

Postby tigerdog » Thu 29.12.2016, 20:04

Thanks, Rambo. Went ahead and added the Airtex pump to the Dayco kit from Rock Auto. Stuff should be here soon. Seems silly to replace the pump - I replaced it 7 years ago and have done less than 10K miles since then. OTOH, cheaper to do it right up front than have it fail and pay labor twice. I appreciate the vote of confidence on the part!
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Previous

Return to Elan Parts - Wanted