S2 door insert panels.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

S2 door insert panels.

Postby Elanthrapist » Wed 10.01.2018, 22:12

Hi,
I am looking for a pair of door insert panels. These are sort of oval shaped and clip into place behind the door grab handle.
Condition of covering not too important as I can recover, but would need the structure to be in tact. What have you?? Hope someone can help.
I think these are the part numbers: B100V0353J and B100V0352J. They are for an M100 S2.

Many thanks, best regards, George. georges.mcclelland@gmail.com
1968 Elan S4 dhc
1974 Elan Plus 2 S130/5
1994 Elan M100 S2
Elanthrapist

Re: S2 door insert panels.

Postby dapinky » Wed 10.01.2018, 23:24

Hi George,

whilst i can't help with your quest, I can offer an alternative plan (if you can't find any).

When i did mine, I lost one side (later found it, but such was life!) and the other was split - I thought about just fixing the bits together with some fibreglass matting and resin, but couldn't get a decent fit - so I did it slightly differently.....

..... using the door cards as a 'mold' i lined the aperture with clingfilm, then layered up some matting and resin. I did it in 2 layers, then simply lifted them out and trimmed them with a pair of shears once it was dry (but not yet fully hardened).

It enabled a perfect fit into my doorcards - and I simply covered them with thin foam padding and alcantara fabric using spray adhesive. The fit is so good that they have never needed any fastening in situ, and have never fallen out.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Return to Elan Parts - Wanted