S2 Wheel Centre cap needed - got one!

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, Nige

S2 Wheel Centre cap needed - got one!

Postby Kathryn » Sat 10.03.2018, 19:25

Actually a bit miffed off right now! Picked up the car this morning after having the wheels refurbed - all looking good! Drove home then went off to work. Letting some air out the overinflated tyres this evening, and I find one of my wheel caps has fallen out! I don't think I'll find it, could be anywhere between Highworth and West Swindon!

So, does anyone have a spare original S2 centre cap? Doesn't have to be in perfect condition, the rest aren't.
Last edited by Kathryn on Fri 16.03.2018, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
Palacio S2 #540
Kathryn
Fanatic

Re: S2 Wheel Centre cap needed

Postby Saltire » Sat 10.03.2018, 22:18

Kathryn, I’ve got two full sets of replacements waiting to be fitted when I get my wheels refurbished, so you can have one of my old ones if you like; all in reasonably good condition. But to qualify, you have to tell me where you had your wheels done and if they were any good :lol:
Jonathan

Elan S2 no 512, BRG, magnolia interior, last of four UK S2 to this spec
Fiat Panda 100HP (aka the rollerskate)
BMW F48 X1 2.0D AWD (aka the workhorse)
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire

Postby Kathryn » Sun 11.03.2018, 00:11

That would be great Jonathan!

Platinum Alloys in west Swindon. I had them done three years ago and went back, so yeah, they do a good job. Look new and two of mine were badly kerbed (last time two were buckled too). Their prices are on their website.
Just make sure they put your centre caps on properly before you drive off!

What replacements have you got?
Palacio S2 #540
Kathryn
Fanatic

Postby Saltire » Sun 11.03.2018, 20:38

As far as I can find out, S2 ones are unobtainable now (although I can get replacement centre badges). One new set came from SJ. Steve said they were the closest he could get, and recommended a turn of double sided tape around the wheel cap when fitting.

The other set came from Wayne in Bahrain.

I haven’t tried fitting either set yet because a) I want the wheels sorted first, and b) I’m too busy with my alarm replacement, which has suffered the mother of all project creep :bonk:
Jonathan

Elan S2 no 512, BRG, magnolia interior, last of four UK S2 to this spec
Fiat Panda 100HP (aka the rollerskate)
BMW F48 X1 2.0D AWD (aka the workhorse)
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire

Postby Kathryn » Mon 12.03.2018, 19:47

I was going to get some of Wayne's but decided I didn't like the look of them! You mention Elise ones in another thread so I guess that's what the others are. Be interesting to see how well they fit.

I've pm'd you.
Palacio S2 #540
Kathryn
Fanatic

Return to Elan Parts - Wanted