S2 #378 (Steve) - hopefully only light fixes

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Re: S2 #378 (Steve) - hopefully only light fixes

Postby dapinky » Tue 22.11.2022, 18:18

FunElan wrote:I'm betting that at the end of the day...it doesn't matter much, and whatever oil you use will be fine if you change it often enough. Glad to hear your engine is still healthy at over 100k miles. Mine has 57k and I'm nervous about it all the time!

One of the things that gives me hesitation with high oil pressures are our weak oil cooler lines. I'm aware that the defect is typically the crimps, but for some reason, I get nightmares of high pressure blowing the lines off. But then again, I'm irrational and nervous when it comes to everything breaking :bonk:

That's actually a valid thought, but I changed my lines and oil cooler a fair few years ago to a system which doesn't rely on 30+ year-old crimps.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: S2 #378 (Steve) - hopefully only light fixes

Postby 378S2 » Fri 25.11.2022, 01:11

Well... no changes other than the date and my oil pressure is reading 5bar today. It does this from time to time, sometimes it reads a consistent 7 under load and sometimes a consistent 5. The pressure transducer isn't standard, so maybe I just need to get round to swapping that over but it's a pig of a job I'm not excited to start.
Attachments
IMG_3800.jpg
A bit of parallax going on, but it's reading 5bar today; no other changes.
378S2
Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Projects - Other (Minor)