Page 1 of 5

Intermittent wiper delay

PostPosted: Mon 01.10.2007, 16:17
by GeoffSmith

PostPosted: Mon 01.10.2007, 16:23
by GeoffSmith
More information on the Seloc Wiki.

PostPosted: Mon 24.03.2008, 02:01
by GeoffSmith
Bought one for £6.49. :-D

PostPosted: Thu 27.03.2008, 20:58
by GeoffSmith
And it works... programmable delay from 1s to ~1 minute. 8)

PostPosted: Fri 28.03.2008, 01:07
by GeoffSmith

PostPosted: Fri 28.03.2008, 13:43
by GeoffSmith
Happy to report that it's the dog's doodahs. Ideal for a day like today. :D

PostPosted: Fri 28.03.2008, 22:56
by DeeAitch
GeoffSmith wrote:Bought one for £6.49. :-D


Where from? :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon 31.03.2008, 20:13
by Elanlover
Geoff, no additional electrical manipulations to work out? You just plugged it in and it worked????



If so, I'd love one for mine but there's one small problem. From previous pics it would seem that the wiper is on the right side of the steering wheel in the UK.............right where we LHD guys have the signal indicator stalk :roll:

PostPosted: Mon 31.03.2008, 22:41
by GeoffSmith
So you'll just have to remember to flick the left hand stalk! :roll:

It's actually the intermittent wipe relay that is changed - it's in the bank of relays above the driver's knee.

Image

Simple as removing the old one and fitting the new one, but make sure you don't disturb the headlamp pod delay unit or you'll loose your headlights like I did. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue 01.04.2008, 01:18
by Elanlover
I wonder if its possible to find a Vauxhall intermittant wiper stalk for the left side of the steering wheel???? I'd doubt they'd be commmon in the UK though :cry:

PostPosted: Tue 01.04.2008, 18:59
by GeoffSmith
NO! You don't need change the stalk. You simply replace the relay unit.

To start it, you flick to the intermittent position and back. When you want the next sweep, you go to the intermittent position and the wipers continue to sweep with the delay between the first and second sweeps. The unit was introduced by VW for simplicity and to avoid the need for different switchgear.

PostPosted: Tue 01.04.2008, 19:44
by Elanlover
Sorry Geoff, I missed that completely. I was mesmerized by the large diagram you posted and didn't even see the text before it! Which relay did you use????

PostPosted: Tue 01.04.2008, 19:46
by GeoffSmith
:smt044 :smt019

PostPosted: Tue 01.04.2008, 20:00
by Elanlover
Which relay did you use Geoff?

PostPosted: Tue 01.04.2008, 20:06
by GeoffSmith
Check out the Seloc Wiki. Basically, it's any one with 99 or 197 stamped on the top, but definitely NOT 19.

PostPosted: Mon 07.04.2008, 16:17
by RayD
Fitted one of these today – a 99 – brilliant – now we need some rain…

Ray

PostPosted: Mon 07.04.2008, 17:29
by Enright
No we sodding well don't ray, so pack in doing your rain-dance! :evil:

Oh and everybody else, please note I got first dibs on this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=013

PostPosted: Mon 07.04.2008, 18:16
by RayD
I looked at that one Neil but thought... in another 4 days it could be red hot.

This relay was made with me in mind - according to my wife I never have the wipers on full time, even when its pi$$ing it down I'm flicking the switch like mad :shock:

Ray

PostPosted: Mon 07.04.2008, 18:30
by GeoffSmith
Thanks for telling us Neil, unlike the plug leads that I would have bid on if my pc hadn't crashed! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon 07.04.2008, 18:41
by Elanlover
There's a bunch here. I just bought one. :D