Fascia Panel Project

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Fascia Panel Project

Postby Scott » Thu 10.05.2012, 15:14

you have done enormous work on that panel... is there anyway that we can get that to? did you have to buy anything new or you cut and fix the original fascia?
1998 BMW 316 E36 Coupe
2001 Volvo S40 1.6
1991 Lotus Elan M100 Turbo
2004 Ducati Monster 620ie

''L.O.T.U.S - Let OThers UnderSteering''
Scott
Enthusiast

Postby Elanlover » Thu 10.05.2012, 15:24

Scott wrote:you have done enormous work on that panel... is there anyway that we can get that to? did you have to buy anything new or you cut and fix the original fascia?

Other than attempting it yourself, no. No copies were made . I originally paid someone to do it but was heavily involved. All subsequent changes I've done myself and its not really that hard to do if you have some skill with fibreglass and a steady hand for cutting and shaping. I bought a used fascia mask and cut that up not wanting to mess with the original.
I do whatever my Rice Crispies tell me to do
Elanlover

Re:

Postby wegsleepregeling » Fri 01.11.2013, 14:15

Elanlover wrote:Thanks guys. And it only cost an arm and a leg (and a second mortgage). I asked the guy offhandedly if he'd look into gettign it vacuum formed for mass reproduction sometime in the event people decided they wanted something like it. He wasn't too excited about the opportunity as he has no facilities to do it. I can't imagine it would be cheap either.

Once again, replying to ancient threads! There's new technology, though. Vacuum forming this stuff? Not for much longer. Do up a CAD file and just print one with a makerbot or whatever. There's a small 'bot at The Ranch already (I was contemplating a run of horn switches using that actually) along with the CNC, machine shop, and (newest addition) CO2 laser cutter/etcher. Oh and a drum set.

Actually, for you Bay Area folk, open studios is happening in our neighborhood in SF this weekend, and The Ranch will be open for all to see. It was even recently CLEANED UP.
If you save everything 'til the last minute, it only takes a minute!
wegsleepregeling

Postby HJ2 » Mon 23.03.2015, 12:37

Your nickname still makes me laugh! :lol:
In now and 5 years we'll even be printing our doorseals :-)
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
Wodan - God of the Low Lands

Previous

Return to Projects - Other (Minor)