BRG notes - 2015 on..

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby Scott J » Sat 08.08.2015, 00:10

muley wrote:MOT passed, the car goes like the clappers :)
Better than a 2 litre normally aspirated car !

Jim

next up : good clean and polish. S2000 seat brackets to be made up.


oh Dear, I can feel a Cosworth S/C coming on :burnout:
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
User avatar
Scott J
Hairdresser
 
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon 15.12.2003, 17:47
Location: Westerton, Glasgow

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby Rambo » Mon 10.08.2015, 18:40

muley wrote:
Better than a 2 litre normally aspirated car


Hope you're not slagging off those Jap cars driven by Hilary Clinton's Jim :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Rambo
Underage drinker
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Craster, Beadnell and Seahouses

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby muley » Thu 20.08.2015, 09:43

Scott J wrote:
muley wrote:MOT passed, the car goes like the clappers :)
Better than a 2 litre normally aspirated car !

Jim

next up : good clean and polish. S2000 seat brackets to be made up.


oh Dear, I can feel a Cosworth S/C coming on :burnout:


Unlikely. I can get a sorted, chipped M100 for less than the cost of the S/C ;)

Jim
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man!"
1995 Red S2 number 750
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC,. Red Honda Integra S
User avatar
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby muley » Thu 20.08.2015, 09:48

Plonker candidate.

When I got the Elan the driver's sun visor was in the boot,, so I duly screwed it on.

It was extremely annoying because it kept fouling the rear view mirror.

Attending to some minor tasks yesterday I thought I'd look for a solution:

Move the mirror?
Saw off the end of the visor?
Get a different visor from the breakers?

Finally I decided to put it back the other way up. I'd put it on upside down. :roll:

Plonker rating 10/10 Cost to fix 0p.

Jim
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man!"
1995 Red S2 number 750
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC,. Red Honda Integra S
User avatar
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby Scott J » Thu 20.08.2015, 22:21

MOT & oil change yesterday, no advisories, £110 all in. Guess what car ?
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
User avatar
Scott J
Hairdresser
 
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon 15.12.2003, 17:47
Location: Westerton, Glasgow

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby Rambo » Thu 20.08.2015, 23:36

muley wrote:
Scott J wrote:
muley wrote:MOT passed, the car goes like the clappers :)
Better than a 2 litre normally aspirated car !

Jim

next up : good clean and polish. S2000 seat brackets to be made up.


oh Dear, I can feel a Cosworth S/C coming on :burnout:


Unlikely. I can get a sorted, chipped M100 for less than the cost of the S/C ;)

Jim


Too right Jim :burnout: :burnout:
User avatar
Rambo
Underage drinker
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Craster, Beadnell and Seahouses

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby Rambo » Thu 20.08.2015, 23:43

muley wrote:Plonker candidate.

When I got the Elan the driver's sun visor was in the boot,, so I duly screwed it on.

It was extremely annoying because it kept fouling the rear view mirror.

Attending to some minor tasks yesterday I thought I'd look for a solution:

Move the mirror?
Saw off the end of the visor?
Get a different visor from the breakers?

Finally I decided to put it back the other way up. I'd put it on upside down. :roll:

Plonker rating 10/10 Cost to fix 0p.

Jim


I looked at this tonight Jim and decided you must have put it on back to front rather than upside down. You still get the August LEC plonker award though :twisted:
User avatar
Rambo
Underage drinker
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Craster, Beadnell and Seahouses

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby muley » Tue 29.09.2015, 21:39

Very small job today;

new gearknob.

One of these;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N ... ge_o00_s00

..has a nice groove to fasten gaiter with a tie wrap.

Jim
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man!"
1995 Red S2 number 750
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC,. Red Honda Integra S
User avatar
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby cliff » Tue 29.09.2015, 22:03

Nice work Jim.

Had a similar gear knob once, the problem in the summer with the roof down is, they get quite hot, my Elan came with one and it was quickly removed.
91 Lotus Elan SE Turbo
07 Megane CC
06 Alfa Romeo Brera


If you can't be a good example, then you might as well be a terrible warning
User avatar
cliff
Fanatic
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon 17.01.2011, 18:39
Location: Ayia Thekla/Scunthorpe

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby muley » Wed 30.09.2015, 15:07

cliff wrote:Nice work Jim.

Had a similar gear knob once, the problem in the summer with the roof down is, they get quite hot, my Elan came with one and it was quickly removed.


Good point. I'll see how I get on.

Would not have been a problem this summer ;)
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man!"
1995 Red S2 number 750
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC,. Red Honda Integra S
User avatar
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby muley » Thu 19.11.2015, 18:23

Smell of petrol in cabin. No obvious source. Changing the fuel filter anyway (new one came with the car) Wiki has been invaluable.!


Jim
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man!"
1995 Red S2 number 750
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC,. Red Honda Integra S
User avatar
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby Scott J » Fri 20.11.2015, 00:18

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning ...
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
User avatar
Scott J
Hairdresser
 
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon 15.12.2003, 17:47
Location: Westerton, Glasgow

Re: BRG notes - 2015 on..

Postby muley » Wed 26.10.2016, 17:23

Gave up on the seats, part ex-ed for some S2 seats. Now fitted.

Changed oil and filter.

..and put up for sale.


Jim
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man!"
1995 Red S2 number 750
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC,. Red Honda Integra S
User avatar
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Previous

Return to Projects - Other (Minor)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests