Getting Blipi back on the road

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Getting Blipi back on the road

Postby Stef » Mon 22.02.2016, 21:24

Worth checking out then. Thanks! :)
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Postby Sport Paolo » Mon 22.02.2016, 22:46

Rambo wrote:Stef - from experience, I have found the shipping and costs of packing/postage from the States to be both fast and very reasonably priced. You now pay all import taxes at source so no buggering about with forms and payment at this end

I suspect by now you probably also need a cambelt change (+water pump, tensioners, idlers, PAS belt, alt. belt etc...) RA is an excellent source for these parts and I recently got 3 sets, inc post, taxes, packing etc for about the same as 1 over here :shock:

I recently bought some carnauba wax from a geezer in Maine and had to pay £12 on arrival at the post office. More annoying was the Saturday morning queue to collect that stretched for more than 20 metres outside Walsall post office. :banghead:
Sport Paolo

Postby Fredjohn » Sat 05.03.2016, 12:34

Stef

Good news :D :D I found the rear Yellow Stuff brake pads. They are totally unused, cost me about £60 just before I changed the rear brake system to the PNM conversion.

They're yours. Let me know how to get them to you. Sent a PM too.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
MB E250 CDi coupe 2013
Boardman Endurance SLR 9.4 disc 2018
Rapido 746 2010
Lotus Evija Danish edition
Fredjohn
God

Previous

Return to Projects - Other (Minor)