It's starting to go back together.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

It's starting to go back together.

Postby peter123 » Sun 18.06.2017, 12:09

I have moved this from the new members section to the projects section,not sure if it a major project or minor!
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=25241
I think it's about time i updated what has being happening with my Elan as it's been a while.so i will give a rundown as to what has been done with it.As you can see from the photos from last year i managed to strip the front end down pretty quickly,then the summer came so it was out on the motorbike,fishing, holidays etc,then winter came so it was too cold in the barn to get on with the car plus the mrs decided it was about time i got on with replacing the bathroom that i had started pulling to pieces when i first got the car.So bathroom and downstairs toilet all replaced re tiled etc i have been able to get back on with the Elan.
It was never going to be a fast turn around with it as i knew there was going to be alot to do,and with every project you always find there's more than you initially thought needed doing,so upto now i have replaced the following:-
New Cambelt ,tensioners, waterpump from Rock Auto.
Four new injectors
New 20MM master cylinder
New Alternator
New Belts
New Setrab oil cooler
New Cooling fans
New auxillary water pump
New oil filter
New spark plugs.
I have also removed the sump and checked the strainer which was clean and resprayed the sump.
Prongeron replated bottom front section due to corrosion and dents.and painted with POR15
Bottom front suspension arms replated due to corrosion.
Longerons given a coat of POR15
Exhaust and turbo heat sheilds repaired and sprayed with hight temp silver spray
Next job is refurbishing the drive shafts and the rest of the front suspension arms etc.

peter123
Tinkerer

Re: It's starting to go back together.

Postby tigerdog » Sun 18.06.2017, 15:58

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Re: It's starting to go back together.

Postby Steve A » Sun 18.06.2017, 21:49

8) Wow but I think this should be in the major project :clap:
Love the size of your garage :mrgreen:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Return to Projects - Other (Minor)