THE LEC STALL

We have never and will never ask for subscriptions. But, to enable us to support forthcoming commitments to the best of our capabilities, we always welcome voluntary contributions.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, Nige, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, Sy V, Specky, clemo, Dave Eds

THE LEC STALL

Postby clemo » Thu 29.11.2007, 13:23

Once again a special thanks to those who have run this before..

sy,nige, enright and everyone that jumps on and helps..

The LEC stall is a great focal point for all of us to gather round and is also a fantastic way reminding others what it is , how to get and fix one and above all that are a FREE non profit making bunch of people that do it because we enjoy it...

i enjoyed chatting to newbies ( and selling enrights car twice !)

so will put my name down for a stint ....

roll up roll up, get your stickers,mugs and posters here...

c ya there?
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Sy V » Thu 29.11.2007, 14:28

Nige has the nucleus of a fine plan. I'll let him introduce it to you all.

But, we'll need a head honcho for the stall because CL have the track booked for both days and Nige is playing outside (and I can't blame him).

I'll have the family with me again and it'll be Dan's birthday on the Friday, so I'm excusing myself from set-up duties straight away.

I'd like to see us use a gazebo type shelter this year - I think it helps with the stall's ambience, adds a focal point and will keep the overhead lights away from a screen - assuming we're going down that route.

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
Sy V
LEC Godfather

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 29.11.2007, 15:00

Sy V wrote:I'd like to see us use a gazebo type shelter this year .

a la LEF one? Logo'd in LEC name?

Would agree we should purchase one as can use it at Stoneleigh, St Mary's etc etc to promote LEC even more.
'92 NM SE '90 Calypso SE now sold '10 Evora NA '62 Wolseley 1500

Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
Dave Eds

Location: High Cross, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby tweetdriver63 » Thu 29.11.2007, 16:07

Should try to sell some calendars there.
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Postby theelanman » Thu 29.11.2007, 16:11

and caps n pin badges :-D :-D :-D
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby clemo » Thu 29.11.2007, 19:23

arron did mention one year getting a tent from work...
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Doug » Thu 29.11.2007, 21:34

will the LEC ladies thongs be on display??

maybe the Sinclaire's models can be hired??

then I will be there -- just to see Rambo's expression :smt081
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby clemo » Thu 29.11.2007, 21:37

and to see his hair stand on end !!

or is it always like that
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby chris.t » Thu 29.11.2007, 22:04

Doug wrote:will the LEC ladies thongs be on display??

maybe the Sinclaire's models can be hired??

then I will be there -- just to see Rambo's expression :smt081

that wasn't an expression that's how he always looks :lol:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Postby theelanman » Thu 29.11.2007, 22:17

Doug wrote:will the LEC ladies thongs be on display??

I'll bring em..... we just need to persuade one of the sinclairs young ladies to model them for us
dont wanna see one of the 'lads' trying it out for size :gray: :smt078 :smt044
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Nige » Fri 30.11.2007, 17:42

I have one night away from a computer the thread opens and goes off topi(ish) immediately :D .

I have already approached Club Lotus and requested space in the main hall for an LEC stand, the exact details of what we want will need to be sorted out later, but there is time. It would be good if we could have a car or 2 on display as that would be a clear focus, it is however totally dependant on owners of those cars being able and willing to drive their car into the hall on Friday evening and out again on late Sunday afternoon, not being able to use them during the weekend.

So first request is for volunteers to put their cars on display.

Looking at the stands we have done in the past at Stoneleigh and at Donington I feel (and believe I can say this as I did it) that although what we did worked well in concept it lacked a certain style and we need to move on and develop a more professional looking presentation. I agree with Sy about a Gazebo but I would like to ensure that Gazebo, Stand etc are all co-ordinated. I would like to stick with the site design as a reference point, because its recognisable and Liz and Tony did such a good job in giving it an identity.

The stand I used at Stoneleigh in 2005 is still in my garage but can only be moved if a van is used, I therefore intend to dispose of it as I could use the space. The one I used at Donington this year was borrowed from work but needed an estate car to move it. Some of the fold up types might fit in an Elan and looking around the web and also on e bay there are a few around. I have therefore raised the possibility of purchasing a stand with both Sy and Geoff and have agreed to go and do the necessary research, what would look good may well exceed the budget but the reality check will get applied.

Second request is to avoid spending money unecessarily, so if amongst the rich seam of talent we have here anyone can get a fold up stand or could get one made and can get graphics work done for free or cheaply please let me know soonest, no committment at this stage, we have to stay within the art of the possible.

Final request is for ideas, I think good, large sized photos of the cars, some informative blurb and a moving picture show all work well and so would not plan on changing this, but all new ideas are welcome and now is the time to wind them in to the plan.

Final statement, I'm willing to liaise with Club Lotus, plan the stand and co-ordinate activity, I may be able to set up. I am not going to spend the whole weekend at Donington on the stand with an Alfa Estate or a Renault van, I'll be on the track in my Elan. Whilst I know there will not be a shortage of offers to man the stand, we need volunteers to do the many other tasks which are part of putting the stand together which is a bit more of a committment, so all offers welcomed.
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby Sy V » Fri 30.11.2007, 18:05

I could be persuaded to change my plans and let you have the Stripemobile.

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

Sy V
LEC Godfather

Postby Sy V » Fri 30.11.2007, 18:10

As I understand it and in no way trying to cajole Nigel, the Saturday is pax rides for charity on the track and the Sunday is for individual bookings.

I've just come off the phone to Bibs and he's going to forward me the details of the pop-up gazebo that they use and the address of the firm that printed theirs too.

There was something else stand-related, but I'll add it over the w/e as and when I remember...

Sy V
LEC Godfather

Postby Specky » Fri 30.11.2007, 19:22

As a bit of feedback from Hethel...

would it be possible to have an SE/NA and a S2 on the stand..

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby Nige » Fri 30.11.2007, 21:40

Sy V wrote:As I understand it and in no way trying to cajole Nigel, the Saturday is pax rides for charity on the track and the Sunday is for individual bookings

No cajoling necessary. I'm willing to carry a passenger on track sessions, there are a few potential takers already. I don't intend to run a list or anything, it'll be first come first served on the day and I reserve the right to do as many sessions as I and the car feel like dependant on availability and to a degree weather.

Need to look into what is going on on the track anyway. Club Lotus have said that they have it for both days and have arranged it through LOT. However, last time I looked LOT are only showing the Saturday as available and Club Lotus seem to indicate this is the case on their website. I don't suppose that stops individual bookings on the Sunday if that can be done directly with the track.

Details of the Gazebo would be good, I have some details of stands and will do a bit more research and post a summary of the options as I see them for comment in a few days.

A NA, SE and S2 would be good for completeness but I don't want to push Club Lotus too much for space.
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby Doug » Fri 30.11.2007, 22:07

Sy V wrote:I could be persuaded to change my plans and let you have the Stripemobile.

Wow! If the Stripemobile is up for a keeper for Donington then I may HAVE to show up and take her!! :-D :-D :-D

It's becoming very tempting with the excellent stand, all the great people and cars, and the track open for use!!!

I know already it's a bad time of the year for me to disappear from work--but we'll see.
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby Dave Eds » Fri 30.11.2007, 22:33

I'm happy to put the Yellow Queen on the stand, but as I had the honour of doing the same at a certain Norfolk Factory then I'll also be happy to move over for any other would be volunteers.

Logistics will be a challenge but always was one for a challenge :roll:

Dave Eds

Postby Gary » Fri 30.11.2007, 22:38

Doug ? who is he ? didn't he once own an Elan ? :-D
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
Gary
God

Postby Enright » Fri 30.11.2007, 22:46

Nige wrote:Details of the Gazebo would be good, I have some details of stands and will do a bit more research and post a summary of the options as I see them for comment in a few days.

How about something like this?
I reckon a budget of about 20 quid should get us something pretty good.
I picked the link to a green one thinking BRG, but maybe white would be better. And maybe if it had a white rear wall then we would have our own ready-made projector screen.
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Postby Dave Eds » Fri 30.11.2007, 22:51

The LEF one is a decent size and is on concertina legs - ideal for in/outdoor use.

Would be worth spending a few quid and going the whole hog :wink:

Dave Eds

Next

Return to LEC Donations