Hoops

Start your Group Buy threads here for anything pertaining to the M100

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Hoops

Postby clemo » Mon 06.08.2018, 21:29

Many years ago the great Simon Kurching made many quality parts for our car and some were lucky enough to jump on the "Group buy"
As time goes by those who didn't buy wished they did . Those who did became the envy of those who didn't. over 10 years have passed and new owners have come along. The Elan has gone through the " anyone can buy - but not look after properly" stage. Hopefully meaning that if a "group buy" comes along that we are a club of sensible people that want to preserve our cars and with this hoop in mind - our heads.

Putting my head above the parapet for a "group buy" will need patience from you should you wish to jump on it and will take time as it is quite a complicated thing. But most of all it will need your backing. I realised years ago that i should have jumped on it when Simon first made them. I bought the Hardtop but that was all i could afford at the time. Since then no Simon hoops have become available. So the only way to get one for myself was to try and get them remade. This proved to be quite a difficult thing to which the end result was "very unlikely" with Simon and Andy have moved on.

I managed to track down the jig to Andy on the Isle of Skye which is part of the jigsaw puzzle. I spoke with him at length about how to get him to remake them and when every avenue had been exhausted i just asked him outright if i could have them .He said yes . Having been rather pleased with this i wanted to post YAY hoops to be remade. However i then thought further as i needed Simon's blessing to re make said hoops. Simon is also happy for these to be remade. I spoke to him a few days ago and tried to gain as much knowledge as to the fiddly bits. This was a bit too complex over the phone. The next step will be a road trip to collect the parts and see where to go from there. At least all the remaining part will be back in one place awaiting a potential "group buy" list.

COSTINGS.
This is all very much up in the air. Once all the parts and information has been brought back to one main place ( my lock up) then i can start to firm up costs.
All cost will be kept to a minimum . I am dong this because i want one not because it is some profit making idea. I am doing this because i want to keep the parts and knowledge in one central location. Any Large excess finances will be returned to the buyer "IF' there is any left. Any small excess left will go the the LEC kitty. These are the wishes of Simon and the terms in which i must fulfil in order for him to let me have the plans.

TRANSPARENCY.
Though i will be making them to the exact previous plans i want you to know what "WE" are getting into . This will take time and will only be a limited run again. There will be a minimum number required. I will need financial input from whoever is on the run. Parts cost money and I'm not going to carry the can for everyone without "US" all going into it "TOGETHER "

INFORMATION SHARED.
At every point to keep me in check for my own sanity / keeping of emails / documents / knowledge - PINKY will be taking the journey with me. Collecting the Jigs and asking the questions to Simon and Andy i may well have over looked. He will have access to a drop box where information will be backed up. Of course I will keep everything well documented. Though Pinky is not the 1st point off call he is my back up and yours should anything go wrong. Just saying. So don't go asking him as he will just say Contact clemo!.

ME.
I am fully aware of how Group buys work. I have been part of LEC from its infancy . I have been a Moderator and part of the LEC team from the early days. I am here for the long haul. I need for you to trust me and i need to trust you too.

Should you wish to be included in the next and probably on run for another 10 years then please join the list.
Together as a club we can make things happen.

Thank you for being part of this.

PLEASE READ PASSED ALL THE FOOTBALL CR@P. I WILL DELETE IT DOWN ONCE THE GUYS KNOW THIS IS AN UP AND RUNNING GROUP BUY THREAD
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Re: Hoops . TEST

Postby Tuga2112 » Tue 21.08.2018, 23:24

is this a test as "who is interested in hoops?" or a test as "let me see if i can create a topic" ?

im not sure if everyone will know what your talking about when you say "hoops" im assuming your gauging interest on another group buy of rollbars ?
1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Postby HJ2 » Wed 22.08.2018, 07:27

I am puzzeling here as well, but just to be on the safe side:
1. HJ2. 8)
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Postby Rambo » Wed 22.08.2018, 09:16

I thought it was a list for tickets for Celtic's next home game :shock:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Steve A » Wed 22.08.2018, 09:50

HJ2 wrote:I am puzzeling here as well, but just to be on the safe side:
1. HJ2. 8)

Careful some people are sensitive to sporadic list generation :roll:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Rambo » Wed 22.08.2018, 10:12

Steve A wrote:Careful some people are sensitive to sporadic list generation :roll:

1. HJ2
2. Dico ;-)
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Rambo » Wed 22.08.2018, 10:16

Clemo - is this for "Simon Kuching roll hoop design" ? I take it you must have managed to track down the guy in the north of Scotland (Skye ??) who had the design plans ?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby dapinky » Wed 22.08.2018, 10:30

Dunno where Clemo has gone, but let me look into my crystal ball (which can be amazingly accurate on some things ;-) )...

As the ether clears I can see a man wearing a strange hat (apparently it is a ravers' bucket hat by Fila)....

.... the strange man is looking purplexed as he tries to work out how to create a topic on a forum, so uses the word "TEST" to indicate that it could be for absolutely anything...

.... Hmm, it seems counter intuitive, but the man in the hat is spending lots of time and effort to track down the parts/jigs/expertise & permissions to recreate a sort of Holy Grail of Elan parts - even though he does not (physically) possess an Elan....

... I see another man, from the far west of the land of Celtic Dragons getting dragged into a road trip to encompass the Isle of Skye, (possibly bits of Fife), the Middle Lands of Olde Engerland, and back to the Rivierra....

...Whereupon, a list will be generated with a Dutchmans' name at the very top (and Dico will be deleted!).

So, from that, who knows what the point of the thread is!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby HJ2 » Wed 22.08.2018, 10:39

I can’t wait for the movie to come out!
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
God

Postby Rambo » Wed 22.08.2018, 10:40

Can I have some of what your on Dave :smt033

Dave P that is, not Dave C :lol:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby simonbuk » Wed 22.08.2018, 16:42

Hoops are so 80's..........
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex sometimes The World !!

Postby Rambo » Wed 22.08.2018, 18:56

dapinky wrote: the land of Celtic

I knew it was something to do with fitba'
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby dapinky » Thu 23.08.2018, 09:10

Rambo wrote:I knew it was something to do with fitba'

As an avid follower of the greatest football team in the South of the city of Brummagem (even if it is the only one) I am clearly NOT used to the euphoria associated with success (and even a last-minute disputed goal to get an ill-deserved draw is considered to be a successful day out). Lets hope that being used to depression, anxiety and failure does not detract from the final outcome of this thread. C'mon You Blues 8)
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 23.08.2018, 10:16

'92 NM SE '90 Calypso SE now sold '10 Evora NA '62 Wolseley 1500

Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
Dave Eds

Location: High Cross, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Rambo » Thu 23.08.2018, 10:24

Where is Clemo anyway ? Does he have a fantasy M100 or a real one :poke:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby muley » Thu 23.08.2018, 11:04

Dave Eds wrote:When the Blues whipped Arse :-D :-D

But got relegated at White Hart Lane on the last day of the season

:goodposting:
"You can take the man out of the Elan, but you can't take the Elan out of the man"
1995 Palacio S2 no 507
"LEC turbo nutter" ;)Black MX-5 NC Red Honda Integra S
muley

Postby lotusflasherman » Thu 23.08.2018, 11:56

Rambo wrote:Where is Clemo anyway ? Does he have a fantasy M100 or a real one :poke:

I think it's a virtual reality Elan... in his head he owns it, he can see it in pictures but when it comes to touching it and actually driving it ... it just never seems to be there ... :lol:
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Rambo » Thu 23.08.2018, 14:45

Just think, another year of Clemo's life has gone to waste for not driving one. And his bank account has dropped significantly in that time :lol:

Not much chance of making Hethel but he's still on course for Castle Combe 2020 though :wink:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Fredjohn » Thu 23.08.2018, 14:56

Rambo wrote:Just think, another year of Clemo's life has gone to waste for not driving one. And his bank account has dropped significantly in that time :lol:

Not much chance of making Hethel but he's still on course for Castle Combe 2020 though :wink:

Think he might make Hethel, but his car won't!
Roll on 2020.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby Rambo » Thu 23.08.2018, 20:46

Fredjohn wrote:
Rambo wrote:Just think, another year of Clemo's life has gone to waste for not driving one. And his bank account has dropped significantly in that time :lol:

Think he might make Hethel, but his car won't!
Roll on 2020.

:lol: I was going to type 2019 but realised I ought to give Clemo a bit of leeway
Rambo
Don't push me

Next

Return to Group Buys