Possible Group Buy - Samco hoses

Start your Group Buy threads here for anything pertaining to the M100

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, clemo, Nige, Specky, Sy V, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman

Re: Possible Group Buy - Samco hoses

Postby Rambo » Mon 11.02.2019, 10:04

Jonathan - is it worth finding out if they will give a better discount for 10 sets ? If so, we only need another 2 sets and I may well know someone to take another set, with persuasion :wink:

1. Saltire - 1 set, classic black, with hose clips, S2
2. GeoffSmith - 1 set, classic black, NO CLIPS, S2
3. Clemo - 1 set, red, clips, S2
4. Rambo - 1 set, classic black, clips, SE
5. Specky - 1 set, red with clips, SE
6. Mike B - 1 set, blue, clips, S2
7. Muley - 1 set, purple, clips S2
8. Sheriff 464 - 1 set,classic black,with hose clips please, S2.(pay at CC)
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Saltire » Mon 11.02.2019, 18:11

Borders telepathy in action :D

I had that in mind. In fact, and without breaking any confidences, I've had a couple of other approaches saying "love to, but cash flow . . . " So I'm intending to go see Merlin, probably on Wednesday, and ask for a price for 7 and a price for 10. Ab2cv is also loaning me one of his reducer pieces (for those of us who have S2s), and I'm hoping that will arrive by Wednesday as well, so I can take it with me and ask Merlin for a price.
Once we have Merlin's prices and can compare them with list, let's then see if it's worth approaching Amber or Demon Tweeks or someone else. My only observation is that we save postage with the Merlin option, because I can easily collect. With the others, we'd have to pay postage and VAT on top, which would negate some or all of their discount.

I will also find out from Merlin how much money they want when. They don't usually bill until they ship, so my aim is to pay a smallish deposit up front and the balance on delivery, but they may want payment in full up-front for a special order.

Happy to take additions to the list for the time being; I can always adjust quantities before placing the final order.
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2010 Fiat Panda 100HP, bossanova white/grey (the rollerskate)
2017 BMW F48 X1 2.0D AWD, Mediterranean blue/magnolia (the workhorse)
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire

Postby Saltire » Thu 14.02.2019, 09:17

Team, just to say I probably won’t be getting to Merlin this week. I have NOT done a runner, disappeared, sold the Elan or anything else. I had a call at 7:00 this morning to say that my mum died in her sleep overnight. One of my brothers is in Western Canada, and the other in Lincolnshire, so neither is really in a position to help with arrangements in Wiltshire, which means my mind will be off Lotus for a few days.

I’ll get to Merlin when I can, and will report back. Last I saw they were quoting delivery early April, so we still have a bit of time to order and still have the hoses for handover at CC.

Please bear with me while I sort out Life; thanks
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2010 Fiat Panda 100HP, bossanova white/grey (the rollerskate)
2017 BMW F48 X1 2.0D AWD, Mediterranean blue/magnolia (the workhorse)
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire

Postby clemo » Thu 14.02.2019, 09:26

Saltire wrote:Team, just to say I probably won’t be getting to Merlin this week. I have NOT done a runner, disappeared, sold the Elan or anything else. I had a call at 7:00 this morning to say that my mum died in her sleep overnight. One of my brothers is in Western Canada, and the other in Lincolnshire, so neither is really in a position to help with arrangements in Wiltshire, which means my mind will be off Lotus for a few days.

I’ll get to Merlin when I can, and will report back. Last I saw they were quoting delivery early April, so we still have a bit of time to order and still have the hoses for handover at CC.

Please bear with me while I sort out Life; thanks

Jonathan ,
Our thoughts are with you and your family
regards The Clement's.
Jim Clark S2 - 1/13. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby tb10 » Thu 14.02.2019, 09:31

OMG, I’m so sorry to hear that news. Clearly all our thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time and if any of us can do anything to help then just ask.

Kind regards

John
tb10
Fanatic

Postby dapinky » Thu 14.02.2019, 09:54

Jonathan,

I'm sure that i speak on behalf of everyone at LEC - we all understand that there are times when you have to re-prioritise at little notice, clearly there are far more important things for you to be concentrating on right now. Thoughts and condolences from West Wales.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Rambo » Thu 14.02.2019, 13:37

Very sorry to hear this Jonathan.

I was in a very similar position to you a couple of years ago so fully understand where your thoughts and priorities lie right now. Samco can wait for another day. They aren't important at this point in time
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Kathryn » Thu 14.02.2019, 20:38

So sorry to hear that Jonathan. Sounds like she went peacefully.
Palacio S2 #540
Kathryn
Fanatic

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Thu 14.02.2019, 21:30

Really sorry to hear this. Our prayers go out for your family.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Giniw » Thu 14.02.2019, 21:36

My sincere condolences to you and your family Jonathan ...
Giniw
God

Previous

Return to Group Buys