Window Up Stop Bobbin Assembly Group Buy

Start your Group Buy threads here for anything pertaining to the M100

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

Window Up Stop Bobbin Assembly Group Buy

Postby CallMeLegend » Sat 29.08.2020, 14:13

I've been working on an alternative solution to the upstop bobbin arrangement, the cost of just the bobbin & the tapping plate is normally well over £40.

I have devised a solution using a combination of 3d printed parts & off the shelf fasteners. The 3d printed parts are laser sintered Nylon, for properly tough, not the usual filament deposition type the hobbyist use. The nylon is practically as good as a part machined from nylon bar.

The replacement for the tapping plate is slightly smaller that the OEM Lotus part, so I have designed a 3d printed shim to bond it to & also to protect the glass. It will be bonded using DP460 structural adhesive.

The bobbin itself is again the same 3d printed nylon. All held together with M5 stainless posi drive screw.

I've worked it out I should be able to provide the full kit (a kit being one bobbin assembly) for about £17.50 posted. The parts are on a 6 week lead time to keep costs down.

If interested add you name to the list below along with how many bobbin assemblies you would like. I'll let this run for four weeks before calling in the order & needing payment.

1) CallMeLegend - 4 sets
CallMeLegend
Fanatic

Re: Window Up Stop Bobbin Assembly Group Buy

Postby CallMeLegend » Sat 12.09.2020, 10:35

Some photo's of real parts for test assy.

CallMeLegend
Fanatic

Return to Group Buys