Kingsborne 8mm wires - *** New August 27th Deadline ***

Start your Group Buy threads here for anything pertaining to the M100

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, GeoffSmith

Postby Specky » Sat 02.08.2008, 22:09

tweetdriver63 wrote:Just curious, I hadn't seen this thread, but I just bought a set from RobietheRobot. I got the red firebraid ones. $59 shipped U.S. Did I get good ones? It seems to be a decent price.

I've been running the exact ones for about year... the only thing Robbie said... he would not avocate the use of chrome braid as they are for show only.. the wires handle MSD coils, so I'm happy.. good price too..and no tax

The dam things don't clip in to the retainers thou....

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby tweetdriver63 » Sat 02.08.2008, 22:47

Specky wrote:
tweetdriver63 wrote:Just curious, I hadn't seen this thread, but I just bought a set from RobietheRobot. I got the red firebraid ones. $59 shipped U.S. Did I get good ones? It seems to be a decent price.

I've been running the exact ones for about year... the only thing Robbie said... he would not avocate the use of chrome braid as they are for show only.. the wires handle MSD coils, so I'm happy.. good price too..and no tax

TTFN

Is it worth getting the MSD coils? Are they better than stock? I'm sure I'm running on original coils, and although it's running OK, if I replace the coils, then I'll have replaced everything in the line (leads, coils, and plugs - NGK Vpower #6962).
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Postby Specky » Sat 02.08.2008, 23:02

tweetdriver63 wrote:
Specky wrote:

TTFN

Is it worth getting the MSD coils? Are they better than stock? I'm sure I'm running on original coils, and although it's running OK, if I replace the coils, then I'll have replaced everything in the line (leads, coils, and plugs - NGK Vpower #6962).

All I can say is.... Oh yes... :-D

My coils had seen better thou... and were playing up...

but I noticed the difference straight away..

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby dapinky » Sun 03.08.2008, 12:56

I know it's got now't to do with me, but i can't help but stick my oar in every now and then :-D .........

....but......

this thread was started by Freelander who wanted a set, and he tried to start a list which no-one added to.....

....then the usual suspects jumped in with a new list..

Doug (the mule) shopping list

1. Monty...8mm in Red Plz
2. Gee0 ...8 mm in BLACK plz
3. Geoff ...8mm in red please Doug

...so, in the interest of fairness, i hope you don't mind if i change it.....

Doug (the mule) shopping list

1. Freelander
2. Monty...8mm in Red Plz
3. Gee0 ...8 mm in BLACK plz
4.Geoff ...8mm in red please Doug

Of course, i don't really care 'cos i sorted my own leads out with Doug before this happened :-D (pi$$ on the fire, Jack - my toast is cooked!)
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby GeoffSmith » Sun 03.08.2008, 13:03

[quote="dapinky"][/quote]
Totally agree unless John has an urgent need!

1. Freelander
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Gee0 » Sun 03.08.2008, 14:03

Couldnt Agree More :smt023
Gee0
Fanatic

Postby Freelander » Sun 03.08.2008, 21:35

Thanks for that thought - I've been away for a couple of days, so not monitoring the forum.

1. Freelander ... 8mm in red plz

Note: We need to order a quantity of plug lead seperators to suit 8mm leads (originals are 7mm and pinching may cause failure).
Firebraid is a coloured braid overlay - extra protection - available in coordinating colours for the fashion conscious!
1990 SE Turbo - Silver - Work in Progress (Slowly)
'Go slow now - go fast later'
Freelander
Enthusiast

Postby dapinky » Sun 03.08.2008, 22:36

If my memory is correct, then you will need 10mm seperators if you are going for the firebraid covering. Otherwise, they do normal 8mm seperators (or you should be able to source them locally!).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby theelanman » Sun 03.08.2008, 22:43

I need mine sooner rather than later......
so do we have an idea of deadline for the list???....
if not I'll just order mine and get them shipped straight here

cheers
G

8mm red for me......
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby nitroman » Mon 04.08.2008, 01:10

GeoffSmith wrote:
tweetdriver63 wrote: [] firebraid ones have some kind of additional protective coating.

I think you can damage them if you put them in the standard clips Chris -I'm not sure if alternatives are available though.

On the last group buy I bought/sent a quantity of 100 8mm clips from Kingsbourne. The chrome-mesh is durable. I've run them for many years. The chrome-mesh has no metal content (like way back when) and is nonconductive.
Strive for perfection in everything. (given time)
Take the best that exists & make it better. (given inclination)
If it doesn't exist, create it. (God did)
Ignore what I say. (good advice)
nitroman

Postby Nobby » Mon 04.08.2008, 16:24

Freelander wrote:Thanks for that thought - I've been away for a couple of days, so not monitoring the forum.

Note: We need to order a quantity of plug lead seperators to suit 8mm leads (originals are 7mm and pinching may cause failure).
Firebraid is a coloured braid overlay - extra protection - available in coordinating colours for the fashion conscious!

If Im not too late please :)

5. Elanman....8mm in Red Plz
6. Nobby.... 8mm in Red Plz

cheers
Nobby
S2 #070 BRG
Nobby
Fanatic

Postby Freelander » Mon 04.08.2008, 21:05

Tried cleaning up my plug leads today and one lead (No 4) has all but come apart (not significant part of my original ignition problems). Consequently, I will have to get a set asap and can't wait until September.

Apologies but I must remove myself from the list.

2. Gee0 ...8 mm in BLACK plz
3.Geoff ...8mm in red please Doug
4. Elanman....8mm in Red Plz
5. Nobby.... 8mm in Red Plz
1990 SE Turbo - Silver - Work in Progress (Slowly)
'Go slow now - go fast later'
Freelander
Enthusiast

Which Doug?

Postby tigerdog » Mon 04.08.2008, 22:41

Who's the mule? Doug the first, leader of the free LEC and first shepherd of Stripey? Or TigerDoug, BGR wannabe and San Diego local? I'm confused by DaPinky's courier arrangement. Just to be clear, I'll happy horse a few sets over. Shall I contact Kingsborne about a group buy and find out when we need to cut off the list so they can build the sets?

Regarding separators, I'd suggest 8mm 4-hole separators, probably 2 or 3 to keep things straight until they reach the coils. Maybe two 2-hole separators just before the coils themselves, too.
tigerdog
God

Re: Which Doug?

Postby tigerdog » Mon 04.08.2008, 22:49

tigerdog wrote:Who's the mule? Doug the first, leader of the free LEC and first shepherd of Stripey? Or TigerDoug, BGR wannabe and San Diego local? I'm confused by DaPinky's courier arrangement. Just to be clear, I'll happy horse a few sets over but don't want to step on any prior arrangements. Shall I contact Kingsborne about a group buy and find out when we need to cut off the list so they can build the sets? According to the site, 8mm sets are available in red, black, blue and yellow.

Regarding separators, I'd suggest 8mm 4-hole separators, probably 2 or 3 to keep things straight until they reach the coils. Maybe two 2-hole separators just before the coils themselves, too.
tigerdog
God

Postby dapinky » Tue 05.08.2008, 00:00

tigerdog wrote:Who's the mule? Doug the first, leader of the free LEC and first shepherd of Stripey? Or TigerDoug, BGR wannabe and San Diego local? I'm confused by DaPinky's courier arrangement. Just to be clear, I'll happy horse a few sets over. Shall I contact Kingsborne about a group buy and find out when we need to cut off the list so they can build the sets?

Ignore me for the group buy/transport of wires.
I have a seperate arrangement which i organised before this thread started :roll:
Dave

dapinky
LEC Administrator

Postby Gee0 » Tue 05.08.2008, 00:07

tigerdog wrote:Regarding separators, I'd suggest 8mm 4-hole separators, probably 2 or 3 to keep things straight until they reach the coils. Maybe two 2-hole separators just before the coils themselves, too.

Sounds good to me Tiger.

Can the separators be added to the buy?

2. Gee0 ...8 mm in YELLOW plz
3.Geoff ...8mm in red please Doug
4. Elanman....8mm in Red Plz
5. Nobby.... 8mm in Red Plz
Gee0
Fanatic

Need 8 minimum for group buy.

Postby tigerdog » Mon 11.08.2008, 16:39

Hello All!
I've spoken with Kingsborne this morning and they're willing to give us a group-buy price on the wire sets of $22.50 each for 8mm wires, any mix of red, black, blue or yellow. Local sales tax is 8.75% so full price for a set of 8mm wires is $24.47; call it £12.80 (plus duty if I'm nabbed at customs), hand-carried to Hethel for the 60th anniversary weekend. I'll see if I can't get them to throw in separators as well and will update the group accordingly. So, who's in?

1. Monty - Red
2. Gee0 - Yellow
3. Geoff - Red
4. Elanman - Red
5. Nobby - Red
tigerdog
God

Postby Gazza » Mon 11.08.2008, 17:05

1. Monty - Red
2. Gee0 - Yellow
3. Geoff - Red
4. Elanman - Red
5. Nobby - Red
6. Gazza - Red

Thanks
S2 Midnight Blue #660
Hayward & Scott 2.5" exhaust.
Red AP brakes & Nitron adjustable suspension.
SOLD

TVR Tamora in Montreal Blue
Gazza
God

Postby dapinky » Mon 11.08.2008, 17:15

1. Monty - Red
2. Gee0 - Yellow
3. Geoff - Red
4. Elanman - Red
5. Nobby - Red
6. Gazza - Red
7. Pinky - Red

As they are having a few problems sorting out my order by paying from a UK account and shipping to a CA address for a 3rd party, I'd like to take up spot number 7 (It'll save Dr Doug from getting involved :oops: , and sorry to mess you all about!)
Dave

dapinky
LEC Administrator

Postby abmunro » Mon 11.08.2008, 17:16

. Monty - Red
2. Gee0 - Yellow
3. Geoff - Red
4. Elanman - Red
5. Nobby - Red
6. Gazza - Red
7. A B Munro - Blue

Thanks
91 Elan SE 24k miles, 270 BHP @ 1.25 barg. Roll hoops + fairings+ speed humps Elise lights. S2 alloys. Nitrons& Eibachs,AP's front & Hi Spec rear brakes
abmunro
God

PreviousNext

Return to Group Buys