Custom Rear Hubs, Bearings & Discs

Start your Group Buy threads here for anything pertaining to the M100

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Re: Custom Rear Hubs, Bearings & Discs

Postby Rambo » Sun 24.11.2013, 19:36

I'm sure there will be. Why not PM or e-mail Jeemy ;-)
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby Jeemy » Mon 25.11.2013, 00:59

Right.

I can't apologise enough for the radio silence. The pic posted was not 14 hubs, it was the top of 3 layers.

I am sorry but as you see I am posting this at half past eleven on a Sunday. All I am doing is working. I tore 3 facet joints in my spine a few years back, and lifted a 20kgw socket set into the back of the van a few weeks back in the freezing cold, and utterly f****d myself. The old injury has reset and I am locked up pretty permanently.

I can't sit down for more than a few minutes. Perversely being up and about is OK, but I am struggling with the pain.

The boxes that arrived were the wrong size. The little screws for the hub to disc alignment, fine! I ordered the bloody boxes a month back and the ones that arrived looked OK, but they are not right. I'm not squashing the boxes to get this out. I have asked them to send new ones.

I'm not going to make any excuses. This has gone on way too long. But I've had a hard time recently. I'm not going into details.

So here we are:

I've got 23 sets of hubs. I need to count them and I can't lift easily. But thats what I should have. I can't lift my f**king kid at the moment. So a mate is going to come and do the lifting & packing for me.

Honestly, I am struggling to get through my paperwork and bills. I am just trying to keep my clients happy. You are the only guys who know about this. I am pretending to be a real business to my clients! So if any of this is wrong please just let me know, I don't have the time to check it 100% just yet. I am working 70 hours a week at the moment just to keep afloat.

So PLEASE PLEASE if it says I've had the deposit and not the full payment, and thats not correct, don't hold it against me.

Working through it in order people ordered them:

Mine. Bought & Paid For (!!)
Nobby: 300% verified paid.
Theelanman: £126.69 to pay. PM Sending.
TB10: 3 sets all bought and paid for.
Nippy: all bought and paid for
Propshaft: all bought and paid for
DavidcGriffiths: all bought and paid for
Karl Martin: all bought and paid for.
Landsledj: CANCELLED
djcar: all bought and paid for
Rambo: all bought and paid for
ESM: all bought and paid for:
paulsmithmk: deposit received
paul27848: full payment received
steve matthews: CANCELLED
basher: all paid
fredjohn: all paid
paulous: deposit paid
hodge: deposit paid
macII: needs to pay full balance including international shipping
john brown: also paid in full

sorry, every night I plan to do this properly. and every night i get to 1-2am and i am still working and i put it off. rather than trying to get the database up to date properly, i'm just manually typing it up.

guy fort i know has paid the balance, but i haven't lined it up with the username.

PLEASE PLEASE don't think i am a bad guy. I am not ripping anybody off. I am just levelled with this back, and I haven't managed this well, but the blimming things are produced and sitting at my unit (lets not get into that, half the floor collapsed there…..).

so by my count that is 21 sets. assuming macII pays, which I have no reason to think he won't, I just haven't asked him very hard.

which leaves order of first refusal as:

georgeguthrie
PDH
maz_r

i just don't want to promise a set to anybody or say you are SOL, without a bit of time to count and check. but I admit its gone on far too long and I am very sorry. i do not think at this stage maz_r can have a set of these.

but its easy to get more. hell, you can have mine, i don't care about waiting for round II right now.

i am sorry, i want to appear professional but i can't right now…..

i'm going to have to ask for a little bit of leniency due to the fact i can't stand up straight right now. i'll be back to normal shortly. bear in mind my own car hasn't been touched since july - i've toyed with a wishbone but if it had been worked on, you'd have seen on my thread. I am very proud of it and hope to be back to it shortly. I'll publish my full diatribe of upset and hardship shortly….

so, i'm not trying to f**k anybody around, i am trying to get this sorted, all i need to do is get these shipped and really check 100% the payments, get the payments i am due, and let the 3 guys eagerly waiting, know if they can get a set.
T: 0800 084 3084
M: 07391 295 146
Jeemy
God

Postby Jeemy » Mon 25.11.2013, 01:07

paul27848, if you want your money back, just say. its very easy for me to do an online transfer.

there are plenty guys wanting these hubs so its no problem to send you the cash and send them the hubs.

I REALLY REALLY hope I can get the right boxes in the next week or so. But all the companies I tried, were 5-7 day shipping for correctly sized boxes.

YES, I should have had samples waiting. but NO, I didn't plan that far ahead.

so when the hubs arrived, i measured them and worked out what boxes to get. then ordered the full lot (140quid I hadn't anticipated). then they arrived after 2+ weeks, weren't right. i should have kept you guys updated.

realistically, they are all sitting ready for collection now. but I will NOT send them out incorrectly packaged. imagine if they got a ding. no way.

so if anybody wants to pull out thats fine, plenty people want these but i won't send them until i know i can send them safely. they will be in triple-corrugated boxes, inside a second double box and over wrapped in all stages.

next time we do these it will be a lot easier. lots of things i didn't anticipate.

but if anybody thinks i am f**king with them, just let me know men - you can have your money back in 30 seconds flat.
Jeemy
God

Postby Jeemy » Mon 25.11.2013, 01:34

OK Guy Fort is paulous. I'll update the list properly shortly.

And also that leaves novocaine wanting a set which I missed in my haste.

Which I think means maz_r and novocaine are out of luck.

I don't at this stage mind giving my set up for one of these guys. I doubt MacII is going to cancel, but John (B-C-N) told me he travels a lot, so I have to leave him with refusal on his set, thats only fair.

We can do another run. I know people will probably not want me to handle this, but equally I am running at a loss on the work, so I am left in a difficult position.

I'll give my set up. I've got bigger problems with my car anyway. I will likely not have it on the road for another year.

If you can all just please bear with me til I get the boxes and I'll send out straightaway, and contact the unpaid guys in the interim.

PLEASE don't hesitate to tell me if I have anything about payments wrong. I have 1000s of transactions to sort before my cheery VAT inspector comes to visit Dec 10th. I am trying to do everything in order.

I'll speak to the manufacturers and see if we can get a cheeky 1-2 sets out further. You never know.

But please don't worry. They are sitting at my unit and all waiting to send. As per usual I am going to grab a couple of hours sleep on the couch and I'll keep this posted properly from here on in. I had hoped to remain professional looking but not much hope of that - I'm walking around looking like I had an accident right now..might as well take it to the internet.
Jeemy
God

Postby Fredjohn » Mon 25.11.2013, 07:27

Jeemy
You have my full sympathy. I have had a prolapsed disc twice, each time I was off work for 3 months. Not pleasant and at times sheer agony. Couldn't even cough or strain without pain.

I for one actually read your posts and realised your position, unlike some it would seem. There will inevitably be nervousness about the silence after recent BB experience, but you had made your problem perfectly clear.

Get well soon and do NOT overdo it. My car can wait for the hubs, its fully roadworthy and drivable. It'll be just another winter project.

Take very good care of yourself and try not to get too hassled by unthinking unsympathetic folks.

John
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

Postby Nobby » Mon 25.11.2013, 21:00

Jeemy wrote:
Working through it in order people ordered them:

Mine. Bought & Paid For (!!)
Nobby: 300% verified paid.

:smt118 does that mean I get 3 sets :!:

Jeemy, concentrate on your health and income, we know your good for it, keep us posted,

All the best
Rob
S2 #070 BRG
Nobby
Fanatic

Postby paulsmithmk » Mon 25.11.2013, 22:21

someone can have my set, not worried about the deposit just not getting time to spend on here recently sorry
S2 Number 640
paulsmithmk
Fanatic

Postby JohnB » Tue 26.11.2013, 00:04

Nobby wrote: :smt118
Jeemy, concentrate on your health and income, we know your good for it, keep us posted,

All the best
Rob

Ditto!!!
Anybody going slower than me is an idiot. Anybody going faster is a maniac.Image
JohnB
Enthusiast

Postby georgeguthrie » Tue 26.11.2013, 00:05

Jamie, I would still like a set, Pm me with your bank details and cost and I will pay in. I'm off to Brasil shortly and would not need them delivered until mid January or whenever you're able to. Thanks very much for taking the time in sorting this group buy, it's extra stress and I would not know where to start! Hope you get we'll soon

Geordie
georgeguthrie

Postby davidcgriffiths » Tue 26.11.2013, 01:24

georgeguthrie wrote:Jamie, I would still like a set, Pm me with your bank details and cost and I will pay in. I'm off to Brasil shortly and would not need them delivered until mid January or whenever you're able to. Thanks very much for taking the time in sorting this group buy, it's extra stress and I would not know where to start! Hope you get we'll soon

Geordie

Jeemy in your own time no rush
:D
Elan Owner April 2010, Bewdley Worcestershire
davidcgriffiths
Tinkerer

Postby Rambo » Tue 26.11.2013, 10:23

Jeemy - if you need a spare pare of hands to help with packing let me know and I'll come over and help out

Could possibly do tomorrow (Wed 27) or Friday if that is any use ?

Alternatively, next week. Whatever suits you. And I could pick up my set at the same time - with or without box :lol:
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby Nippy » Tue 26.11.2013, 10:34

Hi Jeemy you have my deepest sympathy and my best wishes to get better soon, it sounds like pure agony. No rush for mine either, I probably won't fit them now until the Spring. So you can send my last if it helps. Your business, your living must come first and good luck with the VAT 'conversation'.
1994 BRG Lotus Elan S2
1987 White Toyota MR2 Targa
Nippy

Postby Jeemy » Thu 28.11.2013, 03:01

Sorry Rambo, I didn't get a chance to get on yesterday. You can come pick yours up Friday but I won't have time to chat - I have the wee one all day on a Friday.

I am up and about just trying to take it easy. The trouble is that I have to do so much work each day and sitting in a seat is just exacerbating it.

I'll refund paulsmithmk's deposit and then George can have his, that means I know its a set I have in hand.

Sorry but the trouble is they are sitting on a pallet which weighs a ton and I can't get to it easily although I am getting a hand tomorrow to clear some of the stuff out of the way.

So until I can get the pallet unpacked and triple check they are all there I don't really want to be promising away spare sets as I've only checked the top layer.

All I need to pack and ship is the boxes. I ordered these a month ago or so, they arrived and looked fine, then when I came to take them out, discovered they were too small. They were collected and new ones sent but they told me 5-7 days and its been more like 2 weeks. So I am guessing the boxes are well and truly lost and the company isn't phoning me back. I'm going to have to buy some more tomorrow.

Its not a big job, I'm just struggling to even keep up with client demands. I'm trying to get extra staff but its all a bit of a mess, and a very long story, and honestly, its not you guys problem, I should have done this.

I REALLY THINK I will have these packed within a week and onto the couriers. I can do them the day the boxes arrive. Yes a hand would be great Rambo but I don't know when that will be.

I am so sorry its taken so long guys.

I'll try to get the remaining bills out for these tomorrow but as you can see its 2AM and the only reason I am stopping work is so that I can get more done tomorrow at 8AM.
Jeemy
God

Postby Jeemy » Thu 28.11.2013, 03:11

OK here's what I am going to do.

I have to go to Edinburgh tomorrow. I have somebody in helping me all day. I'm going to find somebody in Edinburgh who sells cardboard boxes and see if I can get something suitable for packing them in.

I want to put them in a separate box each and then bubble wrap those separated into a bigger box, and overwrap that. I'm deathly afraid of them banging together and chipping or something.

I just assumed when they came they'd be in boxes not individually in bags on the pallet.

So if possible I will go and collect the boxes and have them back tomorrow night. If not I will try to find somebody who can do a next day delivery.

If thats the case, I can definitely get them packed over the weekend. I've got too much work built up to take any more time off, I don't get paid if I don't work so I need to just get back to it.

Fingers crossed I will have a solution shortly. I tried to find something economical as it was a cost I hadn't bargained for - you wouldn't believe how expensive cardboard boxes can be! But I am sure I can sort this tomorrow if I put my mind to it.

Fridays not really good Rambo, I can't tell what the baby will do or my wife and can't leave him on his own, but Saturday I'll be working 9-3 at East Lothian and then til midnight in Edinburgh. Sunday I'll be around, hopefully working.

Then Mon-Thu I'll be working from the unit 8AM -midnight every day next week so just pick a time and let me know.
Jeemy
God

Postby Jeemy » Tue 03.12.2013, 16:37

God, I appreciate how this must look to you guys. I just went to look at the boxes order and it was placed the 4th November……

I do not know where the time is going, I'm working 11-15 hours a day and have been since July.

Anyway, I couldn't find suitable boxes people in Edinburgh, the people I ordered from have agreed to uplift the wrong boxes and send me the right ones, on a courier, due to arrive tomorrow.

If thats all fine I have to pack them, get a hand loading them in the van and then take them to Edinburgh where the couriers will uplift them (don't ask, until I have a fixed abode I can't move my courier account and they'd charge me £10 per pickup to pickup anywhere but my old office).

I apologise once more. Once I get the kid to bed I am going to go through the updated list. A few more have emailed me so it looks like we need to do some more.

This time should be faster, easier, and I won't ask for any payment until they are boxed and shipped - thats only fair going forward given the kerfuffle this time.
Jeemy
God

Postby Jeemy » Tue 03.12.2013, 22:26

OK here is the updated list. I've done my best to check all the payments and so forth. But everything posted here is with the caveat that it needs a double-checking.

*ORIGINAL LIST*

1. Jeemy
2. Nobby - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
3. theelanman - Deposit Received - Shipping Address Received
4, 5, 6. tb10 - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
7. Nippy - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
8. Propshaft - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
9. davidcgriffiths - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
10. Karl Martin - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
11. djcar - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received - International Shipping Cost to confirm
12. Rambo - Full Payment Received - Collecting
13. ESM - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
14. paulsmithmk - possibly cancelling
15. paul27848 - possibly cancelling
16. steve matthews - definitely cancelling
17. basher - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
18. Fredjohn - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
19. paulous - definitely cancelling
20. hodge - Deposit Received - Shipping Address Received
21. MacII - International Shipping Quote Pending Payment - Shipping Address Received

I actually had 23 sets made.

*EXTRAS LIST*

22. JohnB - Paid in Full
23. georgeguthrie - if he's gone to Brazil I will still keep a set for him because he asked way back and I've been too busy to be helpful.

These two guys asked first.

There are then up to 4 cancellation slots.

15. paul27848 - possibly cancelling
16. steve matthews - definitely cancelled
19. paulous - definitely cancelling

So this looks pretty good for the guys waiting which in order of refusal are:

*CANCELLATION LIST*

PDH - request made 22/11/13 1615
novocaine - request made 24/11/13 0836
maz_r - request made 24/11/13 2333

I have to be fair and do it in order but realistically it looks like there will be a set for everybody who has asked for one, out of this first order. :)

So I know it looks a bit pre-emptive when I don't have the boxes yet but I am assured they are coming, and may not get another chance to post up here, so here's what I will do tonight or more likely tomorrow (have some other things to take care of tonight still):

I'll send everybody individual PMs to confirm details and reconfirm shipping addresses, but basically I need to:

1) Request final payments from theelanman, hodge, by 13/12/13 or when ready to ship.
2) Give georgeguthrie payment details now and hold his hubs til 15/1/14 or thereabouts which is only fair
3) Give PDH & novocaine the sets from Steve Matthews and paulous
4) Give paulsmithmk and paul27848 til this Friday 6th December to confirm what they are doing. After this, I can contact maz_r about his set and maybe even have one spare for somebody.

I apologise for passing workload onto you guys but if you could all check your entries above and PMs carefully. My PMs are fit to bursting and I won't have a chance to sit and look at them until after 10th December - I have a lot of deadlines looming. I am going to try and scan through them all and triple-check all this but if I've made a mistake above, please do tell me publicly in this thread rather than by PM! I won't be offended.
Jeemy
God

Postby paul27848 » Wed 04.12.2013, 10:17

Hello Jeemy,
I'm still intending to recieve the hubs.

Regards, Paul
paul27848
Enthusiast

Postby Jeemy » Thu 05.12.2013, 10:38

OK, hopefully boxes arrive today but given the weather there will probably be some excuse. I've been out since 6 clearing other people's bins from my garden, tidying up broken flowerpots, and putting the wooden structure the previous owner of my house made for our bins, away for later reconstruction - the wind just blew it to smithereens, first time I've ever seen a real life smithereen. An expert DIY-er he was not.

*ORIGINAL LIST*

1. Jeemy
2. Nobby - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
3. theelanman - Deposit Received - Shipping Address Received
4, 5, 6. tb10 - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
7. Nippy - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
8. Propshaft - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
9. davidcgriffiths - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
10. Karl Martin - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
11. djcar - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received - International Shipping Cost to confirm
12. Rambo - Full Payment Received - Collecting
13. ESM - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
15. paul27848 - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
16. steve matthews --> JohnB - Paid in Full - Shipping Address Received
17. basher - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
18. Fredjohn - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
19. paulous --> georgeguthrie - Full Payment Received - Shipping Address Received
20. hodge - Deposit Received - Shipping Address Received
21. MacII - International Shipping Quote Pending Payment - Shipping Address Received
22. PDH - request made 22/11/13 1615 - payment requested to confirm order
23. novocaine - request made 24/11/13 0836 - payment requested to confirm order

*CANCELLATION LIST*

*WAITING LIST*

maz_r - request made 24/11/13 2333
Jeemy
God

Postby Jeemy » Tue 10.12.2013, 16:20

Boxes arrived and are perfect.

VAT inspection just finished and was perfect. I must have put 100 hours into that over the last weeks.

So! All back to normal tomorrow. Will update with shipping data soon. I know my inbox is full to bursting, I will try to clear some space tonight and respond to things.

Happy days.
Jeemy
God

Postby Fredjohn » Tue 10.12.2013, 16:34

Great work Jeemy!!

Must keep VAT inspector happy: he's just a bit more demanding than we are! :D

Look forward to receiving hubs in due course, but keep looking after your back.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
MB CLK 320CDi 2007
Boardman Elite SLR Endurance 9.8 carbon road bike
Evora 2010
VW T4 Campervan
Fredjohn
God

PreviousNext

Return to Group Buys