Rear Wishbones

Start your Group Buy threads here for anything pertaining to the M100

Moderators: theelanman, DaveT, GeoffSmith, Elanlover, Nige, muley, Enright, Sy V, algirdas, Specky, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds

Re: Rear Wishbones

Postby Rambo » Sat 17.02.2018, 20:39

par wrote:
theelanman wrote:I think this could be a case of delay tactics until its worth making say a batch of 10.......
so if youre person no1 on the list then you might have to wait while the next 9 decide to buy too......
I know that when we've done big stuff like this before, its very hard to make
so doing them one at a time is just not efficient or cost effective
unless he is willing to pay and make enough to make it viable and then sit on the stock, then I fear this is a bulk order type thing

I think you are giving him more credit than he is due around the organisational skills required to plan for this approach!

He is always on the verge of just sending, waiting on packaging, waiting on courier etc.

Those of us from the original group buy who paid up front (years in advance as it turns out) funded the tooling and production probably for his whole initial run allowing him to make a profit on the unreserved wishbones. It is disgusting that it turns out there are people from the group buy still waiting :cry: I was totally frustrated with the seller and it appears I was one of the lucky ones and only obtained one of the first sets by constantly badgering him, turning up at his unit etc.

I have said previously it is a shame it has turned out this way because Jeemy could have been a real asset to this forum as the wishbones are extremely good quality :banghead:

Totally agree with you Steven
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby Rambo » Sat 17.02.2018, 20:41

John_W wrote:Deja Bob-who-must-not-be-named Vu. And I’ve written off over a thousand quid to experience.
:smt067 :smt066 :smt068 :smt070 :smt071 :smt072 :smt075 :smt076 :smt096 :smt097
But I was twice shy for Jeemy.
And I must put my trust in Karma.
:smt048 :smt051 :smt099 :smt116 :smt117 :smt079 :smt075 :smt059 :smt096 :smt021 :smt051 :smt109

Have you been on the wacky baccy again John ? :lol:
Rambo
Goldfish-brain

Postby John_W » Sat 17.02.2018, 21:06

No, but I feel much better now that I’ve got that out of my system.
John_W
Philistine

Postby Tuga2112 » Sat 17.02.2018, 21:46

I have refrained from leaving a comment for the past 2 days on this, at the moment, it looks like a single sided flame war.

I do have a large rant to say (even tho im not really entitled to talk as a mere observer)

id like to say a couple of things that i have thought while reading posts that no one as mentioned, which i hope will light up a bulb at the end of the tunnel for some.

from reading previous topics related to jeemy, i was under the impression he was incredibly bad at customer service, and with some serious delays in delivery but, my understanding was the advertised products were delivered eventually...

i recall reading on one of he's "more recent" public replies in this forum (by more recent this is more than a year ago, but i think less than 2 ) that he was starting off a company related to vehicle parts.

from the ebay seller referenced, it did appear to be a company, if in this case this is effectively jeemy's company, the bad press generated publicly over the internet can be an absolute killer for the business.

assuming my understanding is correct. Jeemy will have all interest in keeping everyone from he's past dealing at least mildly happy/content in order to avoid the bad press.
its been studied that a bad publicity message relayed by word of mouth is repeated a lot more than good publicity. which he's business may never recover from as posts like this will stay online, and appear in google results if jeemy's company is mentioned in the same sentence as other negative connotation words (which i shall try to avoid)

if there is enough people that havent received their wishbones, a negative publicity coup can (and likely will) cost jeemy far more in reputation and future sales than the legal costs of a silent complain dealt in a minor court. (in fact likely to never reach court, as settlement is most likely to be achieved before escalation)

What im trying to say is, he's got a lot more to lose from being dishonest to "us" than previous "private group buy" hosts who shall not be named (i wonder why follow that policy?)

My plead is. if anyone reading this has a reliable form of contacting Jeemy, please forward it to the relevant people, or alternatively inform jeemy there are some people in the elan community pretty disappointed with him. so he can remedy the situation before its too late.

I nearly got myself in the position of getting the last batch of rear hubs, but due to buying a house those funds were redirected and someone else took my spot in the list.
i was the first to add my name in the following run, which has been effectively a dead topic for about 2 years. I am now in need of both hubs and a front windscreen (which mentioned ebay seller IS SELLING) I am now very reluctant to proceed with any other group buy from this host.
1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Postby John_W » Sat 17.02.2018, 22:01

João,
I can’t help feeling that your post is a bit more eloquent and useful than mine. Some very good points.
But mine made me feel better!
:mrgreen:
John
John_W
Philistine

Postby Tuga2112 » Sat 17.02.2018, 22:18

John_W wrote:João,
I can’t help feeling that your post is a bit more eloquent and useful than mine. Some very good points.
But mine made me feel better!
:mrgreen:
John

John,

my post was not intended as a reply to yours.
i understand the value of venting, so, im not blaming you for it. and in fact, even as an observer i am a bit upset about the situation

I am trying to play a bit of devil's advocate here and make raise awareness of some points not previously mentioned that in my eyes could be "a light at the end of the tunnel".

jeemy's contributiouns in the past to this community were very valuable, if it was possible to maintain the relationship while improving on the obvious flaws he could be as valuable to us as other companies such as SGS or PMN

I had a whole "compounded interest " lesson with examples ready 2 days ago about the real value of these early payments which i deleted from my post as i found it to be a bit "offencive/passive agressive" tohards jeemy. because im trying to add constructive input instead of fuel to the fire
1991 elan se
1991 elan se project
91 MR2 Turbo (import) project
94 Celica GT4 (Import)
94 4Runner
98 Celica SR

too many projects. not enough sunny days :(
Tuga2112
God

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 17.02.2018, 22:43

Tuga2112 wrote:What im trying to say is, he's got a lot more to lose from being dishonest to "us"…

João, conversely he has/had a lot to gain by being honest and open. Plenty of people have tried to point this out to him, but he has not responded which is not in his, or our, best interests.

It seems that if you turn up in person AND you find him at his premises AND he has what you want, you will probably get what you went for. However, some people have done this and effectively jumped to the top of a paid-up group buy list from nowhere which leaves a bad taste. There is also the issue of the potentially dangerous hubs: LEC members have offered to assist him in the technical matters, but despite apparent interest from him, nothing has been forthcoming.

I am neither in any of his group buys nor waiting for parts ordered from him, but it annoys me intensely that he can treat a group of enthusiasts (of which I think he considers himself to be part) with such contempt.

I would add a few suitable emoticons, but it looks like the mad Porridge-knosher has used them all up. Never mind, I will console myself with a €1.79 bottle of Cava and look forward to watching the SMBs getting tonked at home by Brentford nylons.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - Sorry, currently unavailable.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Jeemy » Tue 20.02.2018, 21:23

Hello All,

I am so sorry. I do not know where to start. This post is too little, too late and as such I'm not going to spend a huge amount of time proof-reading it, so just take the facts as they are.

I'll try to respond to everything in order, and quote up the points made, but please bear in mind a couple of things:

- I've not read any of the other threads which may be saying bad stuff about me
- not a single person complaining has called me on the telephone*
- I run a publicly trading company. I am available via telephone, SMS, email, webchat, facebook, twitter, and probably some other social media

.....I haven't heard from any of you except Fred. At All.

Lets first of all deal with some falsehoods:

NO 1 from "lotusflasherman"

Always lists a set of 15" OZ wheels for £375 4-x-lotus-15-oz-ruote-wheels but never has any ... I've never seen it not ' Out of Stock ' ..

Look at the link. I had one set. They were sold. They are ALWAYS out of stock. Link doesn't change. Check it any time. I am sorry, removing stuff from the website effs things up and I've not yet had time to work out how to remove things permanently without messing up our SEO.

I believe on several of Jeemy's the bearings just fell in ... and fell out ! link to the thread

I think it was 2. Sorry, due to circumstances I don't know more.

NO 2 from Toys2 and Brit-Car-Nut (who DOES have not only my Skype, but my home phone number, and has called my sick wife in the middle of the UK night many times)
The eBay listing says: "This will be the first of the next production run, delivery mid-January for orders placed before month end."

When I publish the listings, thats the correct information. They then languish for months. So some info is out of date. Its FAR from my capabilities to plan around ripping people off over PayPal - see (4)

NO 3 from Fred

Can anyone help me here? I still haven’t received my wishbones so I am about to start legal proceedings against this thief.

Absolute hands up here. Fred's been waiting ages. I had to try to get certification for the wishbones, and when NONE of them sold past the first 10 sets I had made, I was in a financial hole. So his set has been around the country trying to get certified, showing to people for examples trying to get corporate sales. Yes, I should have been faster but just go to the (*) at the end.

Fred is very cross. I don't blame him. But I didn't stop responding to him. I emailed him a week back, and messaged him today.

NO 4 from Rambo

Several members of Clan McElan have also had issues and problems with Jeemy. And I know that some of our American cousins have also had issues with the custom rear hubs in the past and considered, or proceeded, down the litigation avenue. You will see some of the issues if you search.

AFAIK one Scottish member had an issue; in fact, thinking about it, that was Rambo. And he didn't have an issue apart from I was slack and didn't send something so he cancelled it. Correct me if I am wrong. I am not going anywhere, talk to me about it.

NO 5 from "theelanman"

I think this could be a case of delay tactics until its worth making say a batch of 10.......

Is "theelanman" Gareth? Did he previously produce stainless wishbones? If so I think he should contact me directly.

NO 6 from "par"
I think you are giving him more credit than he is due around the organisational skills required to plan for this approach!

He is always on the verge of just sending, waiting on packaging, waiting on courier etc.

Those of us from the original group buy who paid up front (years in advance as it turns out) funded the tooling and production probably for his whole initial run allowing him to make a profit on the unreserved wishbones. It is disgusting that it turns out there are people from the group buy still waiting :cry: I was totally frustrated with the seller and it appears I was one of the lucky ones and only obtained one of the first sets by constantly badgering him, turning up at his unit etc.

I have said previously it is a shame it has turned out this way because Jeemy could have been a real asset to this forum as the wishbones are extremely good quality :banghead:

Sorry man, but who are you exactly? You're not George? You didn't turn up at my "unit" - nobody has apart from George. The people who paid in advance were 7 people @ £500 each or so, for a £25k production run. Hardly funding my lavish lifestyle.

NO 7 from "Brit-Car-Nut"

John, I'm really disappointed to see that from you. You know Bob B ripped me off. We worked together on lots of stuff. At one point we were on the phone many nights. We talked during the hubs debacle. You've got my number. Why not call it? You left this forum for good as you felt so slighted and you were left in the lurch on some plastics. You know i got ripped off on the Samco stuff too......

NO 8 from "georgeguthrie"

Geordie, I like you but the guys next door telling you "I'm unreliable but you'll get your goods??" These guys vandalised my property and vehicles, what is their testimony good for? I spoke to you that day, while you were outside my property. You also told me, and I quote

Many thanks for the wishbones - they are excellent!! And extremely well packed. Unlike others I never doubted that we would get them. I realised you were busy both on the family and work fronts and also the hassle you've had with business partners and premises. I will keep an eye on LEC to see if you start any other projects.

NO 9 from "GeoffSmith"

João, conversely he has/had a lot to gain by being honest and open. Plenty of people have tried to point this out to him, but he has not responded which is not in his, or our, best interests.

Sorry Geoff but when you say "plenty of people have tried to point this out to him", what - exactly - do you mean? I'm not going to push a point particular as it appears BCN has had a reversal on it, but there is something we may need to come back to later.

All I'll say for now is that I've made it clear for a while life has been hard. It started being hard while I was already committed to LEC projects - most of which have cost me (and others) more than they have made me - when my family suffers, I have had to step back. I made it very clear at one point that a telephone call would be the best way of contacting me, and that I might have difficulty getting onto the forums for a long, long time.

So if people have "tried to point this out to him" on LEC, forgive me, I thought I'd made it clear to the moderation team that I might be unable to check the forums and/or respond.

I put my number at the bottom of my profile 3+ years ago when all this started, and told you and the mod team I might not be online for a while. Nobody called me!

I really wish I had time to get on the forums; I love the cars, I love you guys! I'm not going to disappear! Not even John called me!

OK, Now some Truths.Which I own up to. This is not a vindication......

NO 1 from "georgeguthrie"

we're not happy with the level of communication from Jamie.

Well, I completely get that. See No 3.

NO 2 from davidcgriffiths
I'm still waiting

Dave's wishbones are out with the BSI/corporates. See later.

NO 3

I realize at this point, I have to be completely honest with what has happened to me/

Since I joined LEC, what, 5 years back, I've done some good stuff and some bad stuff. At this point, I am now running SVS full-time. You'll read back on me and know this was a hobby for me, and yes, Geoff, I *was* an enthusiast. Now, Lotus rebuilds, car refurbishment, and parts sales are my life. I've been self-employed my whole life, since I was 16 years old. Do note, this may mean I am not used to being polite. I am a nice person but according to my wife (!) I don't know how to speak to anybody as all I've done is work and haggle for almost 30 years. So I probably come across rude. I don't mean to be. But I am honest. That doesn't mean I will magically fix everybody's problems tomorrow at 9AM. It means I will fix them eventually, and as quick as I can.

So in the last 5 years, I've had some problems. I mailed Dave Pink about them about 2 years back so he knew the situation. So that if things went the way they have now gone, he would know at least.

Its actually ended up worse than I ever thought it would be, and if anybody wants the full story, I'll tell them it.

But to be honest I think you'll all think its made up. Just to give you the main points

- my wife is critically ill and has been for 3+ years. so I look after the kids, and her
- I've been self-employed all my life. I ran a print firm and a recording studio
- print went downhill, I bought an M100
- I started SVS
- print continued to go downhill, I decided to make SVS my focus, and split from my print partner
- my studio partner came in with me
- I rented a premises
- I bought a premises
- the day before I signed my lease, the landlord pulled it out from under me
- my studio partner pulled his funding, changed the name and legal entity of our studio, and took £7k out of our account
- by this time with my wife's illness, I didn't have money to fight legal battles. I decided to give up everything and go full-time with SVS.

Since then, I've been running to stay alive. My partner in the studio invested in SVS but when it went sour, he booted me from the business, and pulled his investment. Last summer, I got ripped off for £3,000 by a German tuning team. I delivered the vehicle and the funds were pulled back. Shortly afterwards I got stiffed on an Austin build for £7,800. Its not an excuse, its just a fact. I pay rent, I buy gas, I have expenses. It doesn't mean I am a thief!

Enough of my moaning. Here is where I am now.

(1) Hubs. AFAIK there were 2 bad out of approx 30 sets. I used the same company as Bob Brown did. All I did was take on production and try to sort us all out. I know 1 guy (Alan?) was awaiting me to lend rear hub/disc originals, and I never got that done. I am really sorry about that. We can get more made, and the bad ones will get replaced, but AFAIK there were only 2 bad.

(2) My general slackness. See bold/underline above. I don't know what to tell you guys. If this was MumsNet, I'd be critically acclaimed for managing to run a business while I look after 2 children. As its LEC, I am really on the back foot.

I've not been on here, because every single day since my last post, I run my schedule, trying to fulfil orders, get stuff out to people, chase couriers, deliveries, problems. All around feeding my boys and waking them up, taking them to school, picking them back up. I sleep about 4 hours a night. I never stop working.

(3) I don't want any sympathy. Its absolutely brutal here and has been for years. I hope to God it will get better. You guys shouldn't have to suffer, all I can say is I am not dishonest - only in time can I prove it. Nothing is getting fixed tomorrow.

(4) We are a publicly trading company and not intending to rip anybody off, or disappear. My details are at the bottom of my profile. I've just added my personal mobile to that. Nobody apart from GG has ever called me. I am not Bob Brown. I will not disappear.

(5) I am not a liar, cheat or thief. Nobody EVER gets left without their goods - I've told you what has happened to me - it should not affect business dealings, but it has. Goods have been delayed, and I am truly sorry LEC has suffered. But NOBODY will be left without parts, or orders. That is a fact.

The damages to me and my company will take far longer to repair. If I was planning to rip people off, I would not be upset about that, and LEC actions would not affect me. I'd just liquidate.

As it is, I spent thousands at a time on hubs and made no money. I and partners spent £25k on wishbones. Do you know, we've not sold a single set past the initial run? They have been advertised and everybody gives me gyp about it, but what am I meant to do? If I withdraw everything from sale, I'll go bankrupt and nothing will be supplied. I have to advertise.....

As far as I know and correct me publicly if I am wrong! -

a) Fred Flanagan is awaiting his wishbones - they are at BSI trying to get me a certification so I can sell them as "new". I spoke to him 3-4 times in the last 3 weeks. He is very cross, and I have tried to get them back early, he will have them within 14 days. I believe they were signed off today.
b) Dave Griffiths is awaiting his wishbones. They are at a corporate, the last of 5, and they've all held onto them for way too long. I manufactured 25 sets and sold 7 internally here. This is my only chance to try and make my money back. I mailed Dave about a month back.
c) What else have I done wrong??

I assure you that I am sorry and sad about this. This company is my life and I will never give up.

Of course bad press costs. But you misunderstand why.

-I don't care if you guys don't pay me.
-I don't care if you publicly try to discredit me!
- if (and this would never happen), you pay me £300 for goods and never get them, you lose £300. If you then tell everybody, I will never sell again. I lose £3,000, £30,000, £300,000 - except its not about the top line.

My £30k production run gives £15k of goods to LEC at £7.5k. I expect to sell the remaining £15k for £22.5 - £30k and break even or make some. Until I do, I am £22.5k to the wind......

I've already sunk everything I had, £50k plus, into this. My costs are gone. Plus £22.5k on the bones, plus the hubs issues - I have a fully outfitted workshop with lifts, welding gear, etc, and projects every week! Not only am I not going to stop, I can't!

The only remaining opportunity cost is the chance of making everything right for everybody and providing a future for myself, my family and children. I am not sitting on a pile of your money, or your parts. If I was, I'd send them out to you and go sit in a pile of bricks; or keep it all and go sit in a pile of sand. I certainly wouldn't keep trading if things were that bad either way...

If you want to go public and discredit me and try to damage me, *of course* you will succeed - I am already very damaged, but I would *never* walk away from such matters, or further damage. I'll take it all, and will make all good. No matter how much flak I take, I will never take the easy escape.

Couple (in fact, a f**king lot) of final questions/things:

a) I see a very emoticon-heavy post from John_W. Quoted, but I can't find the original.

John, are you John Watson? (sorry for what may appear a stupid question but our workshop is by the sea and internet is not easy/cheap, so I have no access to my records). I will resolve your query publicy or privately, whatever suits. But I thought you had your stuff?

b) Tuga112

You understand the damage I am receiving. I have no choice but to take it. I have a LOT to lose, and frankly its already lost. Thank you for understanding how this stuff makes things worse.

When I speak to a supplier about why my custom made sway bars (£15k worth) have taken over a year, I am told (these things take time, Mister Jeemy). I take it. But as I face the actual customer, I can lose the sale of all of those. They are for a JDM car I deal with, and I will sell them. But its hard going.

Windscreens went crazy. Some idiot literally smashed the tooling. We have them again, but its 8-10 weeks delivery. Which means if you order one, you can't moan at me if its not ready within less than 8-10 weeks! (this happens a lot).

And yes, if you work with me, I'll get you rear hubs with the PNM mod.

Finally Tuga, every post I have ever made has my telephone number at the foot. Nobody has EVER called me. I have receptionists (not as plush as its sounds, its £1.50 per call tele-service). Point is, I would know. Windscreens are readily available.

c) GeoffSmith. Its not that I have "not responded". Nobody has contacted me! Yes, I should come on the forums. But sorry, its just me here now, and I work all day every day, and I never finish my emails. Call me if you want to talk.

d) Rambo

Frankly, I think your comments are more than inflammatory.

You say:
Has this only just been resolved from the group buy in 2014 ?

Well, yeah they took me over 2 years to get produced. And they cost me more than anybody here ever paid?

You say:
and considered, or proceeded, down the litigation avenue.

Sorry pal, I've been in business for myself, all my life. Yes, s**t gets bad, but nobody has ever taken me to court.

I've bared my soul here, and your comments about "Can't promise you'll get hold of him or he'll ever get back to you though :twisted:" aren't really very helpful.

e) There is a post here I will find from a guy who didn't get a light. It was put into shipping late and the consignment expired. Months later, he contacted me and was rightly cross. I then took ages to sort it out - reason being - my wife's dad died. He got his light but by that point he had ordered more and I forgot to add it to the shipment. Stupid, incompetent, yes. Not dishonest. Its all sorted and I hope to get him to post here a correction once verified.

Please believe I don't take pleasure in telling you guys my personal woes. But I've behaved so awfully I need to give you at least *some* context,

*IN CONCLUSION*

Yes I am a crunt.
Yes, I have an excuse.
No, its not enough.
and, frankly, yes, you guys have done enough to bankrupt me, and I am sure you feel I deserve it. All's fair.

But I'll tell you 2 facts..

FACT ONE: Call me on the f**king telephone and I'll tell you whats what.
FACE TWO: No matter how badly you slander me, I will never give up*.

*because do you know what? I could liquidate tomorrow. Walk away and get a f**king job as a binman, and leave 1,2,3,4,5 guys without their parts.. I will NEVER do that. f**k anybody who thought I would. f**k anybody who didn't bother to call me before slandering me.

Its been done to me, and I know how it feels.

Peace.
Last edited by Jeemy on Tue 20.02.2018, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
T: 0800 084 3084
M: 07391 295 146
Jeemy
God

Postby Jeemy » Tue 20.02.2018, 21:33

Only thing I would add.

I am sure a few people would say "Well why not tell us whats going on then?"

I wish i knew the answer to that.

Every day I run a 300+ point program:

1) Swich on lights
2) Return urgent quotes

etc etc

Kids get up 5-6am. Asleep 8-9am. That leaves enough time for a night's sleep.

I never get to the end. I try to prioritise and do everything right.

Getting onto LEC probably needs moved up a point or two, but I can't even pack all our goods each day on time.

I don't need or want sympathy. But it is only me at the other end of SVS.
Jeemy
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Tue 20.02.2018, 23:01

Jeemy wrote:
Lets first of all deal with some falsehoods:

NO 1 from "lotusflasherman"

Always lists a set of 15" OZ wheels for £375 4-x-lotus-15-oz-ruote-wheels but never has any ... I've never seen it not ' Out of Stock ' ..

Look at the link. I had one set. They were sold. They are ALWAYS out of stock. Link doesn't change. Check it any time. I am sorry, removing stuff from the website effs things up and I've not yet had time to work out how to remove things permanently without messing up our SEO.

"falsehoods" ! :wtf: You just confirmed what I wrote is TRUE... :banghead: ... but I accept your explanation. Might be an idea to remove the price though ...
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Jeemy » Tue 20.02.2018, 23:30

OMG
I am so sorry!

I totally misunderstood.

I thought you were saying you'd never seen them "not out of stock" - i.e. they'd never been seen as "out of stock" equalling "in stock", always no matter how many sets of wheels I'd falsely flogged.

Like:

a) never not "out of stock" - double negative
b) so I never run out of stocl
c) so they are always in stock
d) like I keep advertising them as in stock even when they are not

Luckily the website keeps me right:

- I list 'em
- somebody buys 'em
- stock reduces from 1 to 0
- now you can't buy them

Now, the problem I then have, is if I then delete the page, Google and their cohorts tell me the site is non-functional.

What I believe I should do is not delete it but redirect it.

So if you find "Jeemy's Wheel Deal" on Google, then click on it, it redirects to my closest prouduct "Jeemy's Catherine Wheel" or "Jeemy's Wheel of Fortune". I will think of more.

The search result then generally degrades until its worthless.

But then if I get another set of 15" Ruote in, and try to list, my search is ruined.

As far as I know this is the best way to do it.

I really apologise, my understanding was that you were accusing me of advertising something I do not have, as if I have it. Instead of me advertising something I used to have.

Listen:

- I've got over 2,000,000 products on my site.
- I am trying to do good business and work hard.
- I don't think correct stock reporting is my largest crime here.

I'm trying to make good, tell everybody where i am at, sort everything out.

I could actually be a good asset to LEC. I know there are people here who have done far, far, worse than I...
Jeemy
God

Postby Jeemy » Tue 20.02.2018, 23:32

PS do you wanna buy a set of wheels....
Jeemy
God

Postby Jeemy » Tue 20.02.2018, 23:36

Joke.

Also gonna post this here publicly and raise a support query.

My PM Inbox - I can't clear it.

I made folders, I moved messages to it, but whatever I do, my PM inbox has stayed at 99 messages with 3 clearing for years. I gave up a long time ago on receiving them through email, they don't forward.

Thats not an excuse, its just y'know, if we are getting back into a dialogue, there is this issue that's been there for 3-4 years.....
Jeemy
God

Postby lotusflasherman » Wed 21.02.2018, 04:21

Jeemy wrote:PS do you wanna buy a set of wheels....

No thanks, got 6 to sell. Just people have quoted your advert as a 'reference price' of £375 but looks like £450 is current asking price on ebay ..https://www.ebay.co.uk/ set of lotus-elan-M100-Alloy-Wheels-Good-Tyres £450 ... and that isn't me selling.. :lol:
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera & brace of Pacific Blue SE's.... and now an Elan+2S !
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Wed 21.02.2018, 04:44

Jeemy wrote:Joke.

Also gonna post this here publicly and raise a support query.

My PM Inbox - I can't clear it.

I made folders, I moved messages to it, but whatever I do, my PM inbox has stayed at 99 messages with 3 clearing for years. I gave up a long time ago on receiving them through email, they don't forward.

Thats not an excuse, its just y'know, if we are getting back into a dialogue, there is this issue that's been there for 3-4 years.....

Create your new folder
Go to original folder and check the boxes to the right of each message that you want to move.
At the bottom right select the option "Move Marked to: (your new folder name)" and those will be moved out of that folder.

You can also select any you want to delete and chose "Delete Marked"

I have tried to call you numerous times and was always told you were not available. I no longer have a free call to the UK option.
HD Replacement Shift Cables and Short Shift Kits still available
HD Replacement Shift Cable and Short-Shift Kit prices
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Download Manuals Here
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Sleeka » Wed 21.02.2018, 05:02

I have received my tail light as Jeremy says and was going to follow up on here but I didn’t get all my parts. I’m really frustrated because I thought that all was finally done. I have found Jeemy to be forthright the couple of times I have gotten to talk to him but that’s been my problem, I get no reply from email for a month or so (which is completely unacceptable as a consumer). Calls are even worse. I have called a few times this morning and got voicemail. Called a few times yeasterday including leaving a messsage with that answering service but no call back. I called Saturday and got nothing. I called last Monday around 6 times and got nothing. Sometimes I stay up until 1 am to try and get Jeemy before he gets busy with work but that only worked once a few months ago.

I would be willing to wait if there was actual communication but that’s been a deal breaker for me.

He did get my tail light as he said he would so not dishonest on that front. But there a few times when he promised it would go out that weekend only to have it not happen. I wouldn’t say that part is honest. Maybe it’s just that he shouldn’t promise unless he’s certain he can deliver.

I hope from his post that he is saying my other parts are on their way as I have not gotten any confirmation or tracking number yet.

I don’t wish him any harm and hope his wife recovers but he can’t keep doing business this way. I hope he gets it sorted because I believe this community needs him more than they realize.
Sleeka

Postby lotusrepair » Wed 21.02.2018, 07:28

I have been reading all the posts and replies. I have not been part of any group buy and at this point I have not purchased anything from Jemmy.
Just wanted to make clear how neutral I am.

Jemmy has made an effort to explain and claims to want to make all acceptable problems right. I also have a small business and family issues that make it hard to focus on work each day. From what I understand he is a custom shop that is trying to fill a need for parts that are hard to find. I have been through bad suppliers and his response is not one of someone that is trying to evade. It is frustrating when we need something and there are problems or delays. I think Jemmy is trying to give delivery dates but finding delays from his personal responsibilities getting in the way. Family comes first but in his case he also needs the work to feed the family. A hard choice as to what to do each day.
I understand family issues as my wife is considering retiring early to take care of her wheelchair bound dad. Once you go through it you can understand what others are also dealing with. On the other side a business must produce and deliver to stay in business.
I would hope we can find some calm words and try and see if he can deliver to those who are having issues.

As for me buying from Jemmy. I like the seals and some of the other items he lists. Right now I do not need them. My car just heard that and I am now in for trouble. Jemmy has from what I see listed the talent to produce items that are needed. I will consider buying from him in the future and hope he sorts out his issues.
lotusrepair
Enthusiast

Postby Jeemy » Wed 21.02.2018, 07:35

Kris,

I emailed you last week to say I was going to get your switch and vents out. You emailed me back?

For some reason I can't find it right now. But it was maybe Thursday or Friday. I haven't been able to do so yet but I will get it done as soon as its possible for me.

It was half term last week so I had the kids for 6 working days. I only got back to work yesterday. You'll get the tracking number as soon as I get it shipped.

Guys I know the communication sucks. I know its impossible to believe things take so long when they seem from the outside that they should only take 5 minutes. I had some help and got to work from 9am to midnight yesterday hoping desperately to finish my routine and get everything done - I got nowhere close. I've not touched my emails yet, let alone my PMs. I'm back at it now trying to get a couple hours done before the boys wake up.

I know it can't continue this way and I am trying to sort it out. I feel like I am very close to turning a corner but I've felt like that for almost 2 years.
Jeemy
God

Postby Toys2 » Wed 21.02.2018, 09:07

Jeemy
I do wish you the best, my wife and I went through something similar, she's better now, her illness lasted about a year, for 3 months of that she was really ill, without exaggeration she was fading badly and got to within 1 day of being on full life support, thankfully she turned the corner at the last minute, we had 2 very young children at the time. I only managed to cope with great support of family and friends

I can only advise that you are clear about delivery expectations in your descriptions, for example in your ebay add for the wishbones, it does correctly state that they are preorders for the next batch, but also they will be shipped in Mid Jan, is/was that realistic? It may be a massive oversimplification to say it to 3-4 years to get the first batch manufactured and still having problems with certification. Your ebay listing reads like any other add from a manufacturer who simply has a reorder of parts on their way - is that setting you up for more stress if it didn't happen?

Just for the record, I never implied that you were planning defraud with paypal, it just red very oddly that your listing promised delivery mid Jan but the shipping date could be up to 3 months later - I couldn't make sense of that

As i said, I do wish you and your family the very best, many of your products could be very useful to us

"lotusrepair"
I'm not sure if you are getting Jeemy and Jamie, mixed up. Jeemy owns SVC, Jamie is a privateer who is our resident "Seal Supremo"
Toys2

Postby Jeemy » Wed 21.02.2018, 15:22

Hi Toys,

The listing is out of date. I am really trying to get things like that under control but of course when I let people down or don't respond, something simple becomes grounds for suspicion itself.

The wishbones as a listing I forgot to update the content, they've sat there for years but don't sell. So I need to get on there and change the dates, but I haven't yet. Its only a 5 minute job to do that, but for example right now I've got 1 hour before I go collect the kids, 9 hours work to try and get done, and its less important than shipping parcels out, so it goes down the list, week on week.

My old listing of wheels for £375 now out of stock requires me learning a bit more about web design before I can delete it without running the risk of 'broken link' errors in Google. Something I am struggling hard with. But its a 2-3 day job to work the issue out and then that listing and a bunch of others, can be corrected. So it looks like whatever you want to call it - fraud, misleading info, a problem for others trying to sell wheels, a mismanaged website, a 2-minute fix. But in fact its a bigger job in my list of big jobs.

The issues I've created, or circumstances have created, make everything look bad if you choose to view it in that light. This is a cross I will have to bear.

I've categorically stated I will not be running away from issues or disappearing. I have given up everything else to concentrate on my car business and I will not give up or let anybody down. I have a difficult path to negotiate; for example I've got to advertise the wishbones to try and make my money back, but the 2 guys still waiting are annoyed when the advert appears on face value to be offering something for delivery a month ago, that they have waited years for......and if I don't update the dates, it just looks worse.

I am sorry for those who've not been able to get hold of me. The phones ring off the hook, I am actually building vehicles here (I have an Austin thats gone £5k over budget and that hurts, and its another story for another time) but every time I pick up a spanner, the phone rings, so I use the answering service to try and get customer work done, then other customers get angry. Its only me here. One partner ripped me off, the other has personal issues of his own, and either I give up and walk away, or I work all the hours god sends to turn things around.

I choose the latter.

I'll try to get on here every day and I feel like I am getting on top of things a little bit more each day too.

I am sorry too if there is incorrect or rushed info above. I have been putting off dealing with LEC because not only is it awkward, but I have 100s of new tasks it will generate, and I intend to do it properly, same as emails, same as everything. So I just rushed a post out to try and explain whats happened. Believe you me, there have been 20-30 more terrible things. At this point, you literally couldn't make it up and I guess I am trying to do the work and get caught up on everything, chase the deliveries, chase the suppliers and third parties, process the orders, do the quotes and so forth, because continually explaining the latest terrible thing that has happened to me just sounds like excuses now and I am sick of the sound of my own voice in that respect.....
Jeemy
God

PreviousNext

Return to Group Buys