M100 Rear light covers - Remanufacture

Start your Group Buy threads here for anything pertaining to the M100

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, GeoffSmith, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Nige, Enright, nitroman, algirdas, Sy V, Specky, clemo

Re: M100 Rear light covers - Remanufacture

Postby M100TURBOFR » Thu 16.05.2019, 07:23

Hello All
Particulars and payment method received from everyone now. Thank you. I'll get a mailing list prepared to avoid having to send out individual messages.
Post regarding transport cost to all countries currently under preparation. Should be with you by midday today.
David
Where there's a will, there's a way.
M100TURBOFR
Enthusiast

Postby M100TURBOFR » Thu 16.05.2019, 07:48

Hello again.
Just to let you know one person has withdrawn from the list of 08/05/2019. New covers not required now that he knows all light unit lenses are available. New lenses were all he required. NOTE that this has no incidence whatsoever on our potential order.

New updated list as of 17/05/2019

1. Richard K (Richard) 1 pair
2. John_W (John) 1 pair
3. LRS7 (Mark) 1 pair
4. M100turboFR (David) 03/05 1 pair
5. NewLogik (Max F) 1 pair (replaces Brit-Car-Nut (John)
6. Burble61 (Chris A) 1 pair
7.Morris (Denny) 1 pair 04/05
8.danevansgolf (Daniel) 1 unit RH side (driver's side)
9.Sivaslian (Serge) 1 pair.
10. Wayne (Wayne B) 1 unit RH side (driver's side)
11. gwigzee (Mathieu) 1 pair
12. Dunnlor (Tom) 1 pair
13. Miller (Renaud) 1 pair
14. TD2 (Ian) 1 pair
15. Clemo (Dave) 1 pair
16. Clemo 1 more pair (perhaps, not confirmed)
17.French_elans (Damien) 1 pair
18. Muley (Jim) 1 pair
19. Lotus Guy Michael (Michael B) 1 pair (replaces Steve Mathews)

i.e. 16 pairs + 2 RH side covers (Danevansgolf, Wayne) + possibility of an additional pair (Clemo) - naturally to be confirmed but no obligation whatsoever.

Thanks
David
Last edited by M100TURBOFR on Fri 17.05.2019, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.
M100TURBOFR
Enthusiast

Postby M100TURBOFR » Thu 16.05.2019, 10:24

Subject : Shipment/Dispatch costs for the proposed rear light protective covers

Renaud (Miller) : Thanks for your proposal (Goodwood). Perhaps a tad premature though. Order not yet passed, covers not yet manufactured. Therefore no definite dispatch date can be given; perhaps it will be too late for Goodwood. Two other persons (UK) have kindly proposed their aid – greatly appreciated - with respect to receiving and redispatch, but naturally all will depend on the ultimate cost.
But let me have your views once you have digested what follows. As promised, I have received the following information from the supplier, duly confirmed in writing from his transporter/carrier.

****The transport cost includes the packaging (all destinations).

The parts will be properly protected (bubblewrap and polystyrene chips) ensuring a snug fit inside the packing box. They should not move about unduly during transport. The only additional cost is insurance which is highly recommended against breakage and possible loss. It is not mandatory but well advised.
So far just 3 people concerned, therefore most probably individual dispatches. For these countries - confirmed in writing - there is no surcharge/additional charge with respect to the VAT inclusive price of 480€ (Euros). Indeed, there exists a tax exemption which allows the VAT inclusive price of 480€ to be maintained. I would say that was good news for "those on the other side".
Therefore: The total cost of shipping to America & Canada amounts to 56€, insurance - covering the total value of the goods – included. i.e. 480 + 56 = 536€. Therefore delivery of goods to you will cost 536€ in total.

Whether one single unit or one (1) pair, the transport cost is identical. Note also that the transport cost to the UK applies to the United Kingdom as a whole. Therefore same cost for England, Scotland and Wales.

The transport cost for shipping 1 single unit (RH or LH) to the UK will be 25,50€ + 12€ for insurance covering the value of the goods, i.e. 37,50€ in total which gives a total cost of 287,50€ (250 + 37,50)

The transport cost for shipping 1 pair to the UK will be 25,50€ + 12€ for insurance covering the value of the goods, i.e. 37,50€ in total which gives a total cost of 517,50€ (480 + 37,50)

The transport cost for shipping say 10 pairs in one single dispatch to the UK will be 69€ + 50€ for insurance covering the value of the goods, i.e.119€ in total. Therefore split between 10 one obtains 11,90€ which in turn gives a total cost of 491,90€ (480 + 11,90). HOWEVER DO NOT FORGET!!

IMPORTANT: To this total cost of 491,90 must be added the cost of redispatch to each individual buyer within the UK. I don’t know postal charges in the UK very well and whether it would work out cheaper than 517,50 (1 pair), but it would certainly be less hassle for the “volunteer”.

If anyone can think of a cheaper solution to accommodate UK buyers with a bulk dispatch from France to a drop-off point in the UK, speak up.
There’s no point in my taking them over myself as this cost + the subsequent redispatch to individual buyers from the drop-off point would probably work out more expensive.
4 pairs would be shipped directly to me since the buyers all live within a 60 km radius. The other pair (for Serge) would be shipped directly to him. For France it would be a Colissimo parcel not requiring any signature. I’m awaiting confirmation of the cost of insurance for France.
Serge : Delivery to you of 1 pair of covers would cost you 10,20€. Therefore a total cost of 490,20€ (480+10,20) - (insurance to be added).
Other 4 members : Delivery to me of 4 pairs of covers would cost 16,00€, i.e. 4€ each. Therefore a total cost of 484,00€ (480 + 4) –(insurance to be added)
I don’t think insurance would cost that much – perhaps some of you might know. In any case the supplier will inform me in due course.

Payment :
The supplier is considering setting up the possibility of payment by bank card directly in US Dollars and Pounds Sterling on his site. Could this possibly be of interest to our American and UK members? Personally, the way I see it is that an exchange rate remains an exchange rate. You either gain or you lose out, depending on currency fluctuations. I know from experience that I always lose out when purchasing parts from a UK supplier (Euro/Pound) due to the exchange rate. In fact, I checked this morning regarding a part costing 400 GBP. In Euros it would cost me 402,96 € (Euro/Pound rate good at the moment) wheareas an American would have to pay 453,75$ for the same part. Therefore it is indeed an exchange rate problem.Correct me if my reasoning is wrong.
His argument (if he goes ahead) is that his price would be a fixed one. Requires confirmation. Regarding Paypal, while agreeing that it is a secure and efficient means for transferring payments, its quasi monopoly on the market renders it very expensive for a business. Paypal applies a high commission on the sums exchanged; the customer doesn’t see this but the seller does. This is main reason for him preferring bank transfers.
Let me know what you think about the possibility of direct payment in Dollars and GBP and I’ll pass on the information

Manufacture/Production
The delivery time is still roughly 2 months on receipt of downpayment (outwith holiday period). He’s awaiting a new machine – due end May/mid June - for the manufacture of the parts. His current machine is fully occupied with Facel Vega headlamps, Alpine front indicator lenses, Citroën dual coloured parts, among others. So he needs another machine. He also tells me that multiples of 15 orders minimum are no longer necessary. Depending on the number of parts ordered, he can easily fit a production run into his schedule since it is he who manufactures the moulds. In this case, it is the delivery time which could be impacted.

I’ll stop there for the moment and let you browse through all this information. Purchase of the covers is not (and never has been) an obligation. It depends on whether you require them. I need a LH one (some French p---k bashed into me from behind and although my insurance was prepared to pay up, I could not find one - apologies to my French colleagues, hopefully they won’t understand). I’ll also be ordering 1 pair for future use (one never knows). There is still time for you to back out before laying down a downpayment – your decision. Let me know.

P.S.What have I got to gain by proposing these covers for sale? Absolutely nothing – There is no financial advantage for me. I needed a cover. I found a manufacturer/supplier and all I want to do is help the M100 community to keep their cars on the road. This is also the will of the supplier.

What have I got to lose? My beloved Barbara who is sick fed up with me passing my days in front of the computer and not paying attention to her.
I’ll defintely stop there.
David (m100TurboFR)
M100TURBOFR
Enthusiast

Postby John_W » Thu 16.05.2019, 13:33

David,
Thanks for your efforts on this.

As for the feedback you request, I’m all for keeping things simple so if the manufacturer is willing to set up a credit card international payment facility and to post the covers out direct then that’s for me.

Perhaps others living close to the LEC distribution network will want to opt for the bulk delivery and re-distribution option, but living in Aberdeen I think “direct from the manufacturer” is best for me.

John
:smt023
John_W
Heid-bummer

Postby M100TURBOFR » Thu 16.05.2019, 13:51

John Fine. Noted. Not sure when he intends setting it up, but I'll enquire.
Just querying. Do you consider (international) bank card payment more favourable from the exchange rate standpoint. The example I gave holds for any transactions I've carried out in the past. I usually pay more than the UK price.
David
M100TURBOFR
Enthusiast

Postby wayne » Thu 16.05.2019, 20:05

I'll be a dead fish and just go with the flow. If someone willing to accept a bulk shipment and post on, then it could work. Unfortunately, I've no idea when I'll be back in the UK. In no rush to get the lens, but my Uk time is either in E Yorkshire or Somerset. So just getting it posted to me at above costs may be best.
1992 Pacific Blue, Top end performance Kit. K&N airfilter& HKS BOV. Everest. HiSpec fronts, SS hoses. 2010 Canyon red Evora.
http://www.elanm100.com
wayne
God

Postby SIVASLIAN serge » Thu 16.05.2019, 20:40

David hi,
Thanks for everything you do and thanks to your wife. For me, it will be a payment by PayPal. But there’s no problem to pay by credit card. It’s ok to receive my order with insurance.
Please, can I say you to kiss Barbara for me. :wink:
Have a good night.
Serge.
SIVASLIAN serge

Postby lotusguymichael » Thu 16.05.2019, 21:47

Hi David

I just found this group buy last night. I know it’s late, but I would like to join in on it if the order is still open. I can send you my info as requested via email...

Thanks
Lotus Guy Michael
San Juan Bautista, CA, USA
Why worry? Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back. Yep. Lets get ready. Switch me on.
lotusguymichael

Postby steve matthews » Thu 16.05.2019, 21:59

lotusguymichael wrote:Hi David

I just found this group buy last night. I know it’s late, but I would like to join in on it if the order is still open. I can send you my info as requested via email...

Thanks
Lotus Guy Michael
San Juan Bautista, CA, USA

Hello Lotus Guy you may have my slot for 1 pair as I have just bought ( Lotos ) LGM tail lights. Sorry David you did an excellent job putting this together.

Steve
steve matthews
God

Postby lotusguymichael » Thu 16.05.2019, 22:28

Hi Steve

Thanks. I appreciate it. I will post the required info to David’s email.

LotusGuyMichael
Why worry? Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back. Yep. Lets get ready. Switch me on.
lotusguymichael

Postby M100TURBOFR » Fri 17.05.2019, 06:51

Steve Hi
No problem. Only natural. Fortunately Michael could take over your slot.
Michael sending email requesting your particulars, etc.....
David
M100TURBOFR
Enthusiast

Postby Spald04417 » Sat 18.05.2019, 00:14

Is there any possibility of being able to still purchase a set? I didn’t see the group buy until today and could really use a replacement set if available.
Spald04417
Welcome to LEC - please introduce yourself

Postby TD2 » Sun 19.05.2019, 06:11

Hi,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and the opportunity to secure currently unavailable parts is welcomed.

The covers on my car are Ok but not in the best of condition and could become problematic as minor cracking gets worse. To have new ones to hand to fit will be reassuring!
TD2

Postby M100TURBOFR » Tue 28.05.2019, 16:51

Hello All
My last post dates back to May 16th where I provided all the shipment costs. To date only John_W, Serge and Wayne have provided feedback regarding the desired means of shipment. They are all in favour of a single shipment. There is no problem regarding the French and American buyers - it will be collection (France) or single shipments (USA). However, nobody else (UK buyers) has replied. Am I to understand that all UK buyers wish the covers to be sent out separately? Please kindly confirm as I would like to close the Group Buy and start requesting the downpayment.
As already stated, the supplier intends setting up a credit card/bank transfer facility for payment in GBP or US Dollars but it won't be operational before mid July. This would mean that the outstanding balance could most probably be paid directly to the supplier. Meanwhile, the majority have opted for PayPal so can we go ahead and start collecting the downpayments and thus get our order into production. If you're in agreement, I'll let you have my PayPal account address or bank details. You'll naturally receive confirmation from me and from the supplier when he receives the funds.

I intend cutting off the purchase list on 05/06/2019. Any subsequent orders will be placed in a second Group Buy, if relevant. So please kindly state how you wish your "covers" to be sent to you.

I am adding herewith a last order to the final list which was placed by Spald04417 (Keith S).

Final purchase list as of 28/05/2019

1. Richard K (Richard) 1 pair
2. John_W (John) 1 pair
3. LRS7 (Mark) 1 pair
4. M100turboFR (David) 03/05 1 pair
5. NewLogik (Max F) 1 pair (replaces Brit-Car-Nut (John)
6. Burble61 (Chris A) 1 pair
7.Morris (Denny) 1 pair 04/05
8.danevansgolf (Daniel) 1 unit RH side (driver's side)
9.Sivaslian (Serge) 1 pair.
10. Wayne (Wayne B) 1 unit RH side (driver's side)
11. gwigzee (Mathieu) 1 pair
12. Dunnlor (Tom) 1 pair
13. Miller (Renaud) 1 pair
14. TD2 (Ian) 1 pair
15. Clemo (Dave) 1 pair
16. Clemo (Dave) 1 additional pair (confirmed on 28/05)
17.French_elans (Damien) 1 pair
18. Muley (Jim) 1 pair
19. Lotus Guy Michael (Michael B) 1 pair (replaces Steve Mathews)
20. Spald04417 (Keith S) 1 pair

i.e. 18 pairs + 2 RH side covers (Danevansgolf, Wayne)

Await your shipment confirmation by return.
David
(m100TurboFR)
Last edited by M100TURBOFR on Mon 03.06.2019, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.
M100TURBOFR
Enthusiast

Postby clemo » Tue 28.05.2019, 17:49

2 x sets send to my address .
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby LRS7 » Tue 28.05.2019, 18:31

Hi David Ill take my set posted to my address also
Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Range Rover Evoque
M100 1991 Lotus Elan Se
M100 1994 Lotus Elan S2 #498
LRS7
Enthusiast

Postby SIVASLIAN serge » Tue 28.05.2019, 18:37

David Hi,
I don’t changed my mind.
I always agree for the PayPal or credit card payment. As you like. :D
SIVASLIAN serge

Postby NewLogik » Wed 29.05.2019, 03:00

Hi David Ill take my set posted to my address and ready to proceed with Paypal
NewLogik
Tinkerer

Postby burble61 » Wed 29.05.2019, 10:30

David, I thought I had replied via em, apologies.

I'm ok with either single or direct to home delivery. But looking at the list of UK folk who haven't expressed a preference, we look to be spread right across the country - so more than likely a case of re-posting - in which case "deliver to home" for everyone probably makes most sense.

Happy to make Paypal payment whenever...

Regards

Chris
burble61

Postby John_W » Wed 29.05.2019, 12:27

David,
My email to your “free” address bounced back after 14 hrs as undeliverable. I’ve tried again, but the short version is “if you send me a note of which paypal account you want me to send the deposit to, and how much of a deposit you need, I’ll get it to you this week”.
John
John_W
Heid-bummer

PreviousNext

Return to Group Buys