Looking For First M100

Elans wanted within the U.K.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, clemo, nitroman, Specky, GeoffSmith, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, DaveT

Re: Looking For First M100

Postby TD2 » Sat 06.04.2019, 19:44

LRS7 wrote:If I remember correctly it was changed by Lotus in 2002... no unfortunately not in Ripley just up the road TD2 we have a 6hr road trip Saturday to collect the Elan from near Guildford. Was thinking of trailing her back but sod it will take a steady drive and see how we go... fingers crossed :burnout:

I had realised it was the wrong Ripley!

Hope you have had a good first run.

Bought ours in Essex and chose to drive it back to the Borders. Took in the Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and the Northern Pennines breaking the journey at Lotus owning friends in West Yorkshire. 502 miles in all.
TD2

Postby LRS7 » Sat 06.04.2019, 23:21

We’ll what a day .. collected the Elan today an she performed fantastic :D

After being stored for 14 years I was a little worried but the guys that re-commissioned her did a great job, I took my time as new breaks all round needed bedding in and also wasn’t getting any readings from the temperature gauge until we hit standing traffic. Really happy with the roof seals hardy any wind noise and all the door door seals are intact :D the suspension tired also think she’s ready for some new shocks, as I got more confident driving back I pushed her harder and she got a little wollie in the corners. Ah solved the mystery of centre console Rambo .. the previous owner had a bespoke lid made so he could rest his elbow, luckily I’ve got the original which is now fitted the other one is in the bin :lol:

So TD2 not such a glorious drive as you .. M3.. M25..M40..A46..M69..M1.. 150 miles! Hats off to your 500 mile epic tour home
Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Range Rover Evoque
M100 1991 Lotus Elan Se
M100 1994 Lotus Elan S2 #498
LRS7
Tinkerer

Postby alan e » Sun 07.04.2019, 08:57

LRS7 wrote:We’ll what a day .. collected the Elan today an she performed fantastic :D

After being stored for 14 years I was a little worried but the guys that re-commissioned her did a great job, I took my time as new breaks all round needed bedding in and also wasn’t getting any readings from the temperature gauge until we hit standing traffic. Really happy with the roof seals hardy any wind noise and all the door door seals are intact :D the suspension tired also think she’s ready for some new shocks, as I got more confident driving back I pushed her harder and she got a little wollie in the corners. Ah solved the mystery of centre console Rambo .. the previous owner had a bespoke lid made so he could rest his elbow, luckily I’ve got the original which is now fitted the other one is in the bin :lol:

So TD2 not such a glorious drive as you .. M3.. M25..M40..A46..M69..M1.. 150 miles! Hats off to your 500 mile epic tour home

The temperature gauge will not move much only up to 1/4 on a run but when in traffic it will move up to about 3/4 and the fans will start up this is normal for the M100.
Black 1992 M100
Austin 7 1932 box saloon
BMW X5
alan e
God

Postby Rambo » Sun 07.04.2019, 12:17

LRS7 wrote:Ah solved the mystery of centre console Rambo .. the previous owner had a bespoke lid made so he could rest his elbow, luckily I’ve got the original which is now fitted the other one is in the bin :lol:

You could probably flog it on Ebay for a small fortune. Lots of elderly M100 drivers out there who might welcome a padded console lid for their arthritic left elbow.

Not for me though :wink:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby LRS7 » Sun 07.04.2019, 21:37

Ahhh good To know Alan it never got over zero, and half in traffic .. on the temperature :D Managed to grab those standard alloys off EBay for £375 with tyres :clap: if they belong to anyone on the Forum I expect discount when I collect

Pulled the centre arm rest out the bin and will be bringing it to CC and donate it to the oldest left elbow :P
A new category hehe :D
Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Range Rover Evoque
M100 1991 Lotus Elan Se
M100 1994 Lotus Elan S2 #498
LRS7
Tinkerer

Postby theelanman » Mon 15.04.2019, 12:51

someone bought it..........
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Previous

Return to UK Cars - Wanted