Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Sell your non-Elan (or even non-Lotus cars) here.

Moderators: theelanman, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, GeoffSmith, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, Specky, Nige, DaveT

Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Postby Rambo » Wed 20.09.2017, 22:30

Rambo
Sauce au raifort
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Applecross

Re: Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Postby Giniw » Thu 21.09.2017, 00:08

That's not expensive, but £1600 for the repair seems to be rather cheap too, thought?!
User avatar
Giniw
God
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Sat 21.04.2012, 20:46
Location: France

Re: Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 21.09.2017, 07:29

I wonder how much chassis damage there may be? :roll:

And what damage to engine etc where exhaust has taken the impact of the crash.

If it was that cheap to fix then it would have been fixed and be up for sale for a whole lot more.
'92 NM SE '90 Calypso SE '10 Evora NA '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 4767
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: High Cross, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Postby Jamie N » Thu 21.09.2017, 08:31

Not expensive but a fair bit more than he paid for it a couple of days ago at the salvage auction!.
User avatar
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
Location: Location : Location

Re: Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Postby Nickydee » Thu 21.09.2017, 09:12

Cat C means costs of repairs exceeds the value of the car once repaired. Don't think £1,600 even without paint will cover the repairs as even the cheapest Evora is (sadly for me as I cant afford one) is £25K.

TVRglen are a very popular topic on various forums! Don't think I would buy a CATC/D or any car from them. Their partly repaired cars seem to take a long time to sell.

Interestedly these insurance categories are changing which will hopefully take the away the confusion/stigma regarding CAT C/D cars.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/c ... -explained
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Postby Rambo » Thu 21.09.2017, 10:48

Giniw wrote:That's not expensive, but £1600 for the repair seems to be rather cheap too, thought?!


Dave Eds wrote:I wonder how much chassis damage there may be? :roll:

And what damage to engine etc where exhaust has taken the impact of the crash.

If it was that cheap to fix then it would have been fixed and be up for sale for a whole lot more.


That's what I thought too. As one of life's sceptics, I am extremely sceptical :? Maybe Stef will buy it and have a spannering party :lol: :lol:

PS I said spannering Dave, not spanking :twisted:
Rambo
Sauce au raifort
 
Posts: 5834
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Applecross

Re: Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Postby Giniw » Thu 21.09.2017, 15:06

:lol:
User avatar
Giniw
God
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Sat 21.04.2012, 20:46
Location: France

Re: Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Postby Scott J » Thu 21.09.2017, 23:58

Jamie N wrote:Not expensive but a fair bit more than he paid for it a couple of days ago at the salvage auction!.


surprised you didn't buy it then.

ps; Elise been into CMC for C then an A + MOT, clean bill of health, more minted than minty thing .
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
User avatar
Scott J
Hairdresser
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon 15.12.2003, 17:47
Location: Westerton, Glasgow

Re: Fancy a cheap Evora ?

Postby Jamie N » Fri 22.09.2017, 19:54

Scott J wrote:
Jamie N wrote:Not expensive but a fair bit more than he paid for it a couple of days ago at the salvage auction!.


surprised you didn't buy it then.

ps; Elise been into CMC for C then an A + MOT, clean bill of health, more minted than minty thing .


Nay, probably all on my own with this but the Evora doesn't do much for me really, rather have another Exige or an NSX 8) .
User avatar
Jamie N
Seal Wrangler
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
Location: Location : Location


Return to Other Cars - For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest