This one should crack you up ( SOLD)

Sell your non-Elan (or even non-Lotus cars) here.

Moderators: theelanman, nitroman, Specky, clemo, dapinky, Dave Eds, GeoffSmith, Nige, DaveT, Sy V, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

This one should crack you up ( SOLD)

Postby tweetdriver63 » Wed 04.02.2015, 03:51

I just came across this on ebay. It made me laugh. I almost sent the seller a message that said, "Are you joking?"

This car might be worth the starting bid amount, but the buy it now just about made me fall out of my chair. haha

Apparently, the Impulse got the engine from the Elan, not the other way around, and he doesn't want to mention how much less HP it has in the Impulse either. It isn't like it says "Lotus-Isuzu" on the valve cover. haha. It's like, since it says "Handling by Lotus," he thinks that means it IS a Lotus, or is just as good. I used to have a 91 Impulse, and I can tell you that they are fun cars, and good looking too, but $15,000?? and it's even an automatic, just to take as much fun out of it as possible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lotus-Other-IMP ... ars_Trucks
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Re: This one should crack you up

Postby lotos » Wed 04.02.2015, 04:01

I need more pictures before I make up my mind. 42,000 shots of the front quarter panel is not enough.
lotos
God

Postby lotos » Wed 04.02.2015, 04:04

Also that large ISUZU badge on the front grill. That's ... umm ... I guess the previous owner removed the LOTUS badge and put that one on to be modest.
lotos
God

Postby esprit888 » Wed 04.02.2015, 04:09

Amazing condition! He seems to have missed the significant body damage to the passenger side front and rear fender. This isn't even an RS . The starting price is a little over what the car would be worth, without the body damage!
esprit888
Fanatic

Postby theelanman » Wed 04.02.2015, 09:52

lotos wrote:I need more pictures before I make up my mind. 42,000 shots of the front quarter panel is not enough.

I agree more pics needed.......

nice AUTO box too........

California Dreaming..........

All the wheels are round and the interior is grey.
I've been takin pics on a winter's day.
I'd be daft to sell if I was in L.A.;
California dreamin' on such a winter's day.
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Nickydee » Wed 04.02.2015, 15:16

California Dreaming..........

All the wheels are round and the interior is grey.
I've been takin pics on a winter's day.
I'd be daft to sell if I was in L.A.;
California dreamin' on such a winter's day.

Bumped in to a post I passed along the way.
Well I got down on my knees saw fender decay
You know the door skin has a fold
The car is gonna stay.
California dreamin' on such a winter's day
Nickydee
Fanatic

Postby tweetdriver63 » Thu 19.02.2015, 07:53

The Impulse had been relisted. Once again with a starting bid of $2995 USD and a BIN of $15,000. This guy's delusional.

I couldn't resist sending him a message. I might get in trouble with ebay for it, but I hope not, since I think the whole listing borders on fraudulent.

Anyway, here's a copy of my message to him. I was only trying to help.

"Dear californian-knight,

Don't take any of this wrong. I'm only trying to help. (Ignore me if you want) I have just a few things to say about your listing that might help you sell your car.
First, tell the truth. This car wasn't designed by Giugiaro. The first generation Impulse was.
Second, this is NOT a Lotus. It just has very good handling, designed by Lotus engineers, and the Lotus Elan M100 used the same engine, which Lotus engineers highly modified, boosting HP from the measley 130 in the Impulse, to 165 in the Elan. It would be much more accurate if you compared the Impulse to the Geo Storm -- a much closer relative.
Third, you might consider mentioning that there's damage running pretty much the entire length of the passenger side. That's kind of an important fact about your car's condition.
Finally, $15,000 for a "Let-me-rip-you-off-now" price? Your starting bid of $2995 is double what this car is worth to begin with. Kelly Blue Book is $1511 (and that's for a '92 model).

- tweetdriver63"
Chris

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
tweetdriver63
God

Postby esprit888 » Thu 19.02.2015, 08:24

tweetdriver63 wrote:The Impulse had been relisted. Once again with a starting bid of $2995 USD and a BIN of $15,000. This guy's delusional.

I couldn't resist sending him a message. I might get in trouble with ebay for it, but I hope not, since I think the whole listing borders on fraudulent.

Anyway, here's a copy of my message to him. I was only trying to help.

"Dear californian-knight,

Don't take any of this wrong. I'm only trying to help. (Ignore me if you want) I have just a few things to say about your listing that might help you sell your car.
First, tell the truth. This car wasn't designed by Giugiaro. The first generation Impulse was.
Second, this is NOT a Lotus. It just has very good handling, designed by Lotus engineers, and the Lotus Elan M100 used the same engine, which Lotus engineers highly modified, boosting HP from the measley 130 in the Impulse, to 165 in the Elan. It would be much more accurate if you compared the Impulse to the Geo Storm -- a much closer relative.
Third, you might consider mentioning that there's damage running pretty much the entire length of the passenger side. That's kind of an important fact about your car's condition.
Finally, $15,000 for a "Let-me-rip-you-off-now" price? Your starting bid of $2995 is double what this car is worth to begin with. Kelly Blue Book is $1511 (and that's for a '92 model).

- tweetdriver63"

You forgot to mention to him that his excellent condition interior has the typical large crack down the middle of the dash, and they are rare to find and a huge pita to replace
esprit888
Fanatic

Postby tigerdog » Sun 22.02.2015, 15:50

if it was an Impulse Turbo RS, it might at least be worth a look; the $15K BIN is wishful thinking indeed.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Return to Other Cars - For Sale