Reports From Hethel - How Was It For You

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Re: Reports From Hethel - How Was It For You

Postby Elanlover » Wed 17.09.2008, 16:30

Finally back and in the office (noe THERE'S a dose of reality :roll: ) after a major screw up at the airport that see me miss my flight and have to stay overnight. This after Algirdas and I finally managed to master the roundabout and slip road concept :wink: and get to the airport 3 hours before my flight......................don't ask :roll:

Exlcuding the last few hours of the trip all I can say was that it was absolutely fantastic and exceeded my expectations. Meeting all those LEC members in the flesh and trying to guess who they were and what their names (as opposed to their screen names) was really great. I suggest that, at the next pan-oceanic event that comes up, LEC could make some kitty money by quizzing us all on who were are :-D Fabulous Lotus stuff including the Evora, plant tours, track runs, parts sale (between Nige and Algirdas' buying sprees I don't think there are any Elan parts left in the world :D ) and the LEC stand of course. Bob's brake work and Kuching's new hoops were on display looking pretty sharp. Touring the roads in a convoy of Elan's was a new and great experience for me - I get excited when I see 2 together back here. I thought the Elan was very well represented there. Best of all was the hospitality shown by all the UK LEC members which made the trip worthwhile in itself. And a bonus thrown in meeting Doug, Doug2 (tigerdog) and Algirdas in the flesh!

Thanks so much for making it a great trip guys! Are they doing a 61st anniversary party? :wink:
I do whatever my Rice Crispies tell me to do
Elanlover

Postby theelanman » Wed 17.09.2008, 18:02

Elanlover wrote:Are they doing a 61st anniversary party? :wink:

heres hoping :banana:
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Gary » Wed 17.09.2008, 18:36

Elanlover,
Seeing 2 together in the UK is a rarety too under normal circumstances.
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
Gary
God

Postby Elanlover » Wed 17.09.2008, 18:44

Gary wrote:Elanlover,
Seeing 2 together in the UK is a rarety too under normal circumstances.

Hehe..............I hear you but the difference here is that getting 2 Elans together (or more) can at least be done where you are. I may have to ship cars in from the US to see that happen here :( Just means I need to buy another I suppose :roll:
Elanlover

Postby Monty » Thu 18.09.2008, 00:02

All i can say that weekend beats Donington hands down :smt023

Thanks for all who showed up at the Shapla on the friday night, infact i booked for 25 and I believe there was 29 off us (a few LEFers gate crashed lol) The Indian did well out of us, they took £500 just on the two main tables and there was Still Smiths table to finish up so they had a good night there. BTW how the hell did Doug (tigerdog) eat that bloody curry, i tried it and there was steam coming from my ears :shock: Enjoyed the crack at the Dunston afterwards, Ailwyn looked abit :smt101 :smt081 Oh BTW Dico didn`t :smt078 but the next day he couldn`t remember what curry he had :smt044

Lotus put a dam good show on and the LEC stall looked spot on so a big :smt038 to all who was involved. I manage to sell my LGM roll hoops to some mug at hethel in a blue elan :smt042 also got a few bits from the sale list ie ECM £50, door locks with key £5 :-D Billy Bargin.

Must say Bob Browns front brake upgrade looked great and should hopefully have a set fitted in a couple off weeks :wink:

Thanks to Rippers for the Framed Photo off Pinky from Donny in March (he gets there eventually lol) and another thanks to Doug for the ignition wires :smt023

Was great to see and meet Doug, TigerDoug, Algridas and Blair and all the other Not Rights from LEC

:beer:
Monty
Chunder King!

Postby algirdas » Thu 18.09.2008, 03:34

Dear All:

I must say I enjoyed the weekend. Kudos to Gareth, Enright, Dave Eds, Nige and everyone else involved for putting on a first-class booth and display. Special thanks goes out to Nige who pointed out to everyone at the booth that I am an abnormally large and fat human being. It is always a treat for me to put faces to names and faces to cars etc. It was a pleasure renewing old acquaintances as well as making new ones. Geoff-sorry to hear about your bit of bad luck. Look at the bright side-get past this and you should be done for a while.

Walking into the office today was a major blast of reality. Never ceases to amaze me how my clients manage to turn their lives (and, in turn, mine) into an incredible tub of cr*p with little effort on their part whenever I try to get away for a few days. Such is life for a janitor.

Thanks again to everybody for their hospitality and good graces. I am looking forward to Donington already. I should be ready for Indian food by then.

Sincerely,

Algirdas
Noli illegitemi carborundum.
algirdas

Postby Steve A » Thu 18.09.2008, 11:41

:D We had really good time :banana: :banana: despite having to leave early on the Sunday :x to do a night shift :roll: , took lots of pictures that I will post soon :wink:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Steve A » Thu 18.09.2008, 14:39

This is how it was for us,
We drove up early Saturday morning for Dave T's "Fish & Chip run"
Well done Dave a nice drive around the Norflk coast 8) :smt023
:burnout:
Then we checked into our B&B which turned out to be a real find, only a stone's throw from Hethel and owned by a lovely couple :smt023
Went to the BBQ :smt078 wasn't that impressed with the food but the company was always good.
Had a good fry up Sunday morning and went to the show, complete mayhem getting in, could have been easily avoided by Lotus :evil: .
We both managed to get on the track despite not booking really good :banana: :banana:
the LEC stand was excellent as always :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Shame I had to leave early for work :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby theelanman » Thu 18.09.2008, 15:09

its gotta be a caption competition....

I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Specky » Thu 18.09.2008, 16:44

theelanman wrote:its gotta be a caption competition....

Man loses legs in terrible accident..

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby Elanlover » Thu 18.09.2008, 18:12

Peeping Tom warning:

A midget Peeping Tom has been seen on the beaches lately. Beach goers are asked to practice caution as this perpetrator uses binoculars to observe at great distances.
Elanlover

Postby DaveT » Thu 18.09.2008, 20:21

Krishna devotee only one to avoid sinking sand
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
DaveT

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 18.09.2008, 22:12

DaveT wrote:Krishna devotee only one to avoid sinking sand

...but not the seagull droppings. :-D
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £55 incl. P&P.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby theelanman » Fri 19.09.2008, 02:47

RIP has parked his car nearest the sea...just to see how the salt water will improve the overall 'bang; theory of the exploding elan.....
he's praying for a better effect than last time....!!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
theelanman

Postby tigerdog » Fri 19.09.2008, 06:42

Hey, so that's where I was last weekend...
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
tigerdog
God

Postby F1 LOTUS » Fri 19.09.2008, 07:10

"Is that a tripod under your shirt or are you just pleased to see me"

sorry :oops:
F1 LOTUS
God

Postby Specky » Fri 19.09.2008, 14:46

Rumours that Tigerdog always drove with his hand on the gear lever were totally unfounded...

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby Elanlover » Fri 19.09.2008, 15:07

HA! Your Kung Fu is weak! Watch now as cut you in half like I did to that man in the white shirt. See! He still looks for his legs.
Elanlover

Postby Specky » Fri 19.09.2008, 16:31

Elanlover wrote:Image

HA! Your Kung Fu is weak! Watch now as cut you in half like I did to that man in the white shirt. See! He still looks for his legs.

:smt044

TTFN
Specky

Postby DaveT » Fri 19.09.2008, 19:41

Elanlover wrote:Image

HA! Your Kung Fu won't work. I lean against an invisible wall.
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
DaveT

PreviousNext

Return to Historical Events Archive