LEC Stand at Donington 2007 - The serious thread

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

LEC Stand at Donington 2007 - The serious thread

Postby Nige » Tue 16.01.2007, 23:22

As this is now happening I thought I'd start a new thread for practical and constructive use :D .

I've discussed a space with Club Lotus and we're good to go for a slot on the back wall. Liz has come up trumps with the font used for the site header so that's been sent to a man who knows a printer with the intention of producing a banner that reflects the layout of the site, readily identifiable etc. Plan is to keep it simple but I hope to do a repeat of the moving picture show we had at Stoneleigh in 2005.

To do the picture show I need your Elan Photos and video please along with permission to use them. We intend to have slideshow with short video clips inserted running through a projector and onto the back wall. So please send me your Elan photos and videos (e mail in my profile) videos as 5 minute clips or so MPEG or AVI format, don't worry about fancy editing as that will get done when its all spliced together. Still photos in JPEG format please highest resolution possible so they look good when displayed. The sooner you can send these photos and videos to me the better, as the editing and slicing takes a lot of time, given the recent outbreak of bullet cams I'm hoping for some good stuff, it'll give us a chance to show everone just what our cars can do.

All other suggestions are welcomed but as I say it needs to be kept simple and easy to put up, take down and run throughout the weekend.
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby Enright » Tue 16.01.2007, 23:46

Nige, subject to kind permission from the producer (JimP357), I have my Donington 2005 DVD which you could use, showing the LEC convoy & stuff.

May I suggest that when the brief is held for the start of this year's convoy, while we have as many people in the same place and within earshot, a quick request is made to everyone to stop by the LEC stand and drop a quid or two in the kitty? That will ensure that the stand is paid for and possibly leave a bit extra in LEC's fund for the next event/cost of shared resources etc.

Edit: There - not such a Stupid Boy now eh?!? :lol:
Last edited by Enright on Tue 16.01.2007, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Postby Dave Eds » Tue 16.01.2007, 23:49

:goodposting:
'92 NM SE '90 Calypso SE now sold '10 Evora NA '62 Wolseley 1500

Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
Dave Eds

Location: High Cross, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Nige » Wed 17.01.2007, 00:45

Neil,

I've been in contact with Jim amd he is the power behind the stand I also have a copy of the 2005 Donington Vid as well as the compilation I made for stoneleigh 2005 which has Shelsley Walsh etc on it. I'm also after more recent stuff such as track day adventures, Nurburgring etc. Jim is on the case with what he has but anything over and above that is going to be useful. I particularly want some quality high resolution 'arty' Elan photos that will stand being blown up to A1 or even A0 size as colour prints so all contributions gratefully accepted.

All financial contributions to LEC as a whole would of course be welcomed and a brief to that effect during the convoy brief would be ideal. I aim to keep the cost of the stand to a minimum but there will be some unavoidable cost and whilst my time is free I'd prefer not to be out of pocket.
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby Doug » Wed 17.01.2007, 03:51

are there new LEC stickers to pass out to the masses at the convoy meeting and cover the land with ??
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby paulwatkins » Wed 17.01.2007, 08:38

are there new LEC stickers to pass out to the masses at the convoy meeting and cover the land with ??

Globalisation by stickerisation!! I like it!
paulwatkins
God

Postby theelanman » Wed 17.01.2007, 13:29

costas had the trip from athens to Donington on video IIRC......
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 17.01.2007, 13:41

theelanman wrote:costas had the trip from athens to Donington on video IIRC......

In three or four bits as I recall :?

Now that will be good to see on a large screen :D
'92 NM SE '90 Calypso SE now sold '10 Evora NA '62 Wolseley 1500

Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
Dave Eds

Location: High Cross, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Nige » Wed 17.01.2007, 15:01

Doug wrote:are there new LEC stickers to pass out to the masses at the convoy meeting and cover the land with ??

If somebody gets them printed and brings them then yes :wink:

Any volunteers?
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby Enright » Wed 17.01.2007, 16:19

Ah, asking for volunteers - that's always guaranteed to make things go quiet!!! :wink: :lol:

Of course if someone did wish to get some produced out of their own pocket, then the costs could be re-imbursed on the Saturday or Sunday after the stand had been paid for (if the kitty makes enough that is).

And any remaining stickers could be kept with all the stand/promotional stuff for future events, and giving to genuinely interested parties/owners.

It would just be a shame if any that were produced got squandered (again).
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Postby MPx » Thu 18.01.2007, 00:17

I have some high quality shots (over 2Mb in full bore) taken by the professional photographer (J Gaisford) at the Club Lotus Castle Combe day. Thumbnail eg

I've paid good money for these pictures (on CD) but I'm still not completely clear on the copyright issue - ie can I give permission for them to be used or do we have to ask Jim G??

If allowed I have several, tho to be fair they are all quite similar! Mainly me having a big grin and Fran concentrating on the stopwatch!

Rgds Mike
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
MPx
Fanatic

Postby ailwyn » Thu 18.01.2007, 00:22

I doubt anyone would be desperate enough to chase you for copyright in this case.

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member

Postby Nige » Thu 18.01.2007, 16:04

Mike,

Thanks for that, I also have a selection of the Castle Combe Photos from the last 2 years which I was thinking of using I'd be grateful for copies of a few of yours and I'll ask Jim G if he has a problem with us using them for the stand, I'd be happy to credit him as the photographer if that helps.

Your car's yellow, mine's green so it keeps the theme of traditional Lotus colours :D
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby Stef » Fri 19.01.2007, 22:03

I sent my Ring vid to JimP to compile together with others.

I'm now without film or compiled collection. JimP - Any news??!

Will send som pics doode. Good work!

PS. Still able to print massive good quality posters by request.
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Postby Darren » Sat 20.01.2007, 12:34

I'll help out where possible but it stands a chance I'll be bringing William (age 4) along with me, so don't expect too much, as he has the attention span of a goldfish at the moment.

Darren.
Open mouth, insert foot.
Darren
God

Postby Stef » Sat 20.01.2007, 22:47

Darren wrote:I'll help out where possible but it stands a chance I'll be bringing William (age 4) along with me, so don't expect too much, as he has the attention span of a goldfish at the moment.

Darren.

Great!

He can answer the questions of 'is anything for sale' on the stand like it is the first time! :-D
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Postby Sy V » Fri 26.01.2007, 10:56

I sent a couple of full size pictures to Nigel yesterday (in response to his request earlier in this thread).

He happened to mention in his reply that I was only the third person to send photographic donations.

If you don't want to be looking at endless pictures of the Stripemobile, send Nigel your piccies NOW ...please.

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
Sy V
LEC Godfather

Postby Nige » Fri 26.01.2007, 11:56

Yep, the theme of the stand is looking very green and yellow (although I have no doubt that a certain steel blue will make an appearance) at the moment so if you really must have pictures of inferior coloured cars best you send them to me!
Back in Blighty
Nige
LEC Administrator

Postby TStevens » Fri 26.01.2007, 15:41

Theres a rather nice picture on this months Club Lotus Mag with 3 blue ones across the middle....
TStevens
God

Postby Gazza » Fri 26.01.2007, 17:18

I was just going to post about the Club Lotus mag.

Stevo's, Tstevens and JohnW?

4ft to the left and I would have a full car as well :cry:

Gary
S2 Midnight Blue #660
Hayward & Scott 2.5" exhaust.
Red AP brakes & Nitron adjustable suspension.
SOLD

TVR Tamora in Montreal Blue
Gazza
God

Next

Return to Historical Events Archive