Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by Ekapol » Tue 17.07.2007, 17:34
Monty wrote:
Does it sit any lower than the original rubber lip?
what modifications are needed to get to fit?
We need new rubber fastener thingy, like a dozen of them, and also new mounting holes. Also we need to stretch the side out a bit after using a heat gun to soften the lips. Our Elan front is 6 inches wider than the Esprit's, go figure
The Esprit lips sit just a bit lower than the original, an inch or so. It will promote the air flow instead of blocking it.
"Do or do not.... there is no try."
“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” -- Yoda
-

Ekapol
- God
-
- Posts: 1463
- Joined: Mon 19.06.2006, 21:55
- Location: Sin City
by lotusgirlmarie » Fri 20.07.2007, 17:54
more pics and the new BOV setup
- Attachments
-

- l01.jpg (45.96 KiB) Viewed 9969 times
-

- l02.jpg (79.02 KiB) Viewed 9969 times
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by Paul.P » Fri 20.07.2007, 19:33
lotusgirlmarie wrote:more pics and the new BOV setup
That BOV is a superb bit of kit Marie, think i'm gonna come over there & do a closer inspection of your bits

JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
-
Paul.P
- God
-
- Posts: 4970
- Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
- Location: Oakham, Rutland
-
by Doug » Fri 20.07.2007, 20:21
-

Doug
- LEC Founder
-
- Posts: 7468
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
- Location: Oregon Coast, USA
-
by Paul.P » Fri 20.07.2007, 21:02
Can't believe you two

, just look at all the one off things she's done & changed, she must be very good with her hands

JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
-
Paul.P
- God
-
- Posts: 4970
- Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
- Location: Oakham, Rutland
-
by Doug » Fri 20.07.2007, 22:28
I'm told she can bend pipe with her hands -- didn't she do all the rollbars that way?
-

Doug
- LEC Founder
-
- Posts: 7468
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
- Location: Oregon Coast, USA
-
by lotusgirlmarie » Fri 20.07.2007, 23:00
You can all start drooling now........ Over the car.... Geeezz!!! Men! How about this little upgrade.......

More info to come available soon.
- Attachments
-

- l05.jpg (98.65 KiB) Viewed 9932 times
-

- l03.jpg (72.02 KiB) Viewed 9933 times
-

- l04.jpg (81.4 KiB) Viewed 9933 times
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by F1 LOTUS » Sat 21.07.2007, 01:36
NICE! - Looking forward to hearing how it runs. Which model turbo have you fitted?
-

F1 LOTUS
- God
-
- Posts: 2199
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 18:17
- Location: SoCal, USA
by tigerdog » Sat 21.07.2007, 04:34
lotusgirlmarie wrote:How about this little upgrade.......

More info to come available soon.
Hmm.
Looks suspiciously familiar. Have you been corresponding with Houdini since he moved north???

-

tigerdog
- God
-
- Posts: 2715
- Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
- Location: San Diego, CA, USA
by Ekapol » Sat 21.07.2007, 08:51
That's a beauty. I don't think who else can get the intake pipe straighter than that.

I'm sure she can breath.
New coolant tank too.
Some serious work polishing that turbo. Neat installation

--> 2 big thumbs up from me.

"Do or do not.... there is no try."
“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” -- Yoda
-

Ekapol
- God
-
- Posts: 1463
- Joined: Mon 19.06.2006, 21:55
- Location: Sin City
by lotusgirlmarie » Sat 21.07.2007, 12:20
It's a Garret GT2560R. The compressor housing I machined down and polished out myself. All of the pipe is mandrel bent stainless steel (downpipe) and polished aluminum for the intake. The oil and coolant lines are all Aeroquip. Currently running only 9Lbs. of boost. Houdini and I were talking about doing something like this years ago. He beat me to the punch but, I do have to admitt my whole install took me 3 days versus almost a year... Its all in the LEC family though so my hat still goes off for the inspiration.
Soon this setup will have a twin in Stripey...... Let the power begin!

Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by Doug » Sat 21.07.2007, 17:06
-

Doug
- LEC Founder
-
- Posts: 7468
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
- Location: Oregon Coast, USA
-
by Dico » Sat 21.07.2007, 19:12
I've always thought triplets are kinda cute

4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
-

Dico
- Fool Boy Four - Founder
-
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
- Location: Moderator Manchester
by lotusgirlmarie » Sat 21.07.2007, 23:51
I will be making a third downpipe as a template for future production. If there is enough request for it I can post a list of what is needed for the conversion.
As far as the "seat of the pants" dyno goes it deffinitely feels faster. Boost comes on much earlier and it pulls al the way to redline. On my way in to work yesterday I raced a new Gallarod up to about 100MPH. he beat me off the line but I was right on him by 40 and was 1/2 a car length ahead by 100. We both still made the stop by the end of the city block.I was a bit shocked

as was the guy in the 'Ghini.

I think I will need to get an uprated wastegate as the one that comes with the unit is rated for 5Lbs of boost.Even with the Greddy boost controller I seem to only be able to muster 9-10Lbs. Need to figure out why.Should be fun though once it gets tuned.
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by Ashaman » Sun 22.07.2007, 04:01
I replaced mine and it cracks at 10 PSI, it is much better. The old one tended to creep open too soon, and the boost controller had trouble with accuracy as the duty cycle was getting really high in an effort to control it.
Having a higher rated actuator keeps the duty cycle lower, which is better for accurate control.
Of course, you will probably run boost levels that are much higher eventually, and most of the internal wastegates are pretty wimpy, so...
-

Ashaman
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 671
- Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 20:22
- Location: Crown Point, IN
by tigerdog » Sun 22.07.2007, 12:51
lotusgirlmarie wrote:It's a Garret GT2560R.
I thought it looked familiar! Same as Houdini fitted to Smaug. I can state from experience that with the proper wastegate, 16PSI is no trouble.

-

tigerdog
- God
-
- Posts: 2715
- Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
- Location: San Diego, CA, USA
by lotusgirlmarie » Sun 22.07.2007, 14:35
Similar but not quite the same as the one in Smaug. I machined off almost all of the lettering and the stupid nub then polished out the housing to a mirror finish. The intake is a 3 inch inlet also mirror polished and port matched for better flow. the compressor outlet is stil the same 2" outlet that Smaug has... just mirror pollished. It does thook the dog's though....
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by Kjeld » Mon 23.07.2007, 22:54
I can tell you the LGM turbo is a spectacular work of art. As we spruce up the engine bay in these cars, that dog looking turbo gets worse by the year. This new turbo makes the bay sparkle! Can't wait to hear it too. I think I am going to need one of these in my car as well. Need to decide on a clutch or a turbo, to start with.
As for breeding the white and red LGM cars, as per Doug. Well man, it is rather sad watching you work this forum from a 4 door rice rocket. I think Marie and I can offer you the pick of the litter. You need another M100 pretty bad, pink or otherwise.
Ready to sell...... I think.
-

Kjeld
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 255
- Joined: Tue 05.08.2003, 23:03
- Location: San Francisco, California
by Doug » Mon 23.07.2007, 23:17
well, I might just have to race Marie to see who has the faster car then!
I do think about getting an Elan often, but then I don't have the time or money for it!
I do think I'll trade up for an Evo X next Spring though.

-

Doug
- LEC Founder
-
- Posts: 7468
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
- Location: Oregon Coast, USA
-
Return to Projects - Car (Major)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests