Here's the low down on the drive-off today. The Saturn Sky Redline is great in every way except for the area I thought it'd be strongest. 5.2 seconds 0-60? Bullshite. If that's true then my Elan is a 4-second car. I drove both a manual & an automatic (both 5-speeds), so I doubt I drew a poor example. Too bad really, as it handled much better than I EVER thought it would, and best of all the seat had the most wonderful lumbar support of any seat I've ever been in; just a case of the ergonomics being perfect for me, as I imagine the very form-fitting back won't fit everyone. Lastly the shifter in the Sky was butter-smooth and each gate easy to find either up or down
Now to the Elise. It was a blast to drive and more comfortable than I thought it'd be. It felt more like the under-5-second car it was advertised to be, although my Elan is certainly faster. However there is both a turbo & a supercharger kit offered in this country.
The bottom line is that if a power-adder was available for the Sky it would win. As is I'd have to choose the Elise.
My daughter liked the Sky better, even better than my Elan.

Strive for perfection in everything. (given time)
Take the best that exists & make it better. (given inclination)
If it doesn't exist, create it. (God did)
Ignore what I say. (good advice)