BOLLECKS*

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby dapinky » Thu 09.08.2007, 13:17

Thats what happens when my typing fingers work faster than my reading eyes :D

Now i have a chance to read the past, instead of trying to guess the future, postings - i understand :-D

I will give Paul a fiver on Saturday ;-)

(anyway, i may not have been talking about me..... :smt017 (can't find the 'whistling inocently' icon!)
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 11.08.2007, 21:01

dapinky wrote:can't find the 'whistling innocently' icon!


Image
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby ailwyn » Sun 12.08.2007, 00:37

geoffsmith wrote:
dapinky wrote:can't find the 'whistling innocently' icon!


Image


Doesn't really help the discussion of when to have a bollecks meeting :roll:

So when are you free Geoff? 1st Weekend in Sept?
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby Sy V » Wed 15.08.2007, 09:15

Can one of you wurzels/yokels remind me why I agreed to make this thread sticky?

:wink:
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 15.08.2007, 12:46

Sy V wrote:Can one of you wurzels/yokels ....
Don't forget the Irish who can't swim. :lol:
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby Sy V » Wed 15.08.2007, 13:12

Sorry!

Can one of you wurzels/yokels/sheep :bananasex: ers remind me why I agreed to make this thread sticky?
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 15.08.2007, 13:30

Can't beat sticky bollecks! :-D

Actually, a Geordie worky ticket (feel free to include Scotsman with a lobotamy and speech impedement in your list) asked you very nicely if you would make it sticky as it kept sinking into the mire and you agreed. The next thing we knew, everyone wanted sticky ones.

Hope this helps.

Geoff

PS if the other Midlands lot adopted your philosophy of updating the title to give the next meeting date, Neil wouldn't have the excuse of having to read too much carp to find out when the next meeting was.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby dapinky » Wed 15.08.2007, 18:26

I have 2 further issues now......


Sy,
I'm not a turnip, yokel or sheep fancier - I'm a brummy with the navigation skills of a swan to head south :?

Geoff,
You're not allowed to slag of the brumies who have yet to escape - It aint necessarily their fault - they may not realise that the best thing to come out of the home of midlands football is the M5!

very :offtopic: , sorry.

(but if our East Midlands brethren can have crap and banter, why can't we).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby dapinky » Wed 15.08.2007, 18:28

To try and resurect the point of the thread, how are we looking for that first weekend in September??



PS
Ailwyn, thanks for the altenator, got it Saturday, delivery boy took a fiver off me for you!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby ailwyn » Wed 15.08.2007, 19:11

dapinky wrote:Ailwyn, thanks for the altenator, got it Saturday, delivery boy took a fiver off me for you!


Have you fitted it yet? :lol:

1st weekend is Sept is good for me
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 15.08.2007, 20:03

This may turn out to be a load of East Midlands Banter, but first weekend in September is probably OK. Better start saving for the toll. :evil:
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby dapinky » Wed 15.08.2007, 20:14

A scenic drive via Gloucester will cost the same in petrol as the road toll - but at least you don't feel cheated!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Sy V » Thu 16.08.2007, 15:45

Guys

I've just made your thread normal (un-sticky) as I shouldn't differentiate between regions.
Hope you understand...
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby ailwyn » Thu 16.08.2007, 17:20

Sy V wrote:I've just made your thread normal (un-sticky) as I shouldn't differentiate between regions.
Hope you understand...


I would have thought it would be better to make all of the regional meets sticky... that way they can easily be found.

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 16.08.2007, 17:47

ailwyn wrote:
Sy V wrote:I've just made your thread normal (un-sticky) as I shouldn't differentiate between regions.
Hope you understand...


I would have thought it would be better to make all of the regional meets sticky... that way they can easily be found.

Ailwyn


Quite right. I think the East Midlands lot only post carp to keep the thread at the top! :wink:

Having said that, the sticky meetings thread does have links to all the meetings, but they are difficult to recognise because Specky has changed the colour to blue and a load of carp has been added to it! What about tidying it up and locking it Sy? Or even sorting out the Meetings & Events page?
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby Sy V » Fri 17.08.2007, 08:41

Yeah

I think we'll keep Dave's summary sticky and I'll remove all the carp.
But I need input/feedback (in that thread) if there are mistakes in it before locking.
Then let the position of the regionals be determined by tactical diatribe.
These could then be the contents of a new Regular Meetings Forum.

Then, I could knock up a one-off meetings forum for the remainder...what think you?
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Sy V » Fri 17.08.2007, 08:48

dapinky wrote:...Sy, I'm not a turnip, yokel or sheep fancier - I'm a brummy...


I can't speak with absolute authority here 'cos I aye a brummie either (I'm a North Worcestershire Bromsgrovian - born and bread, except for my 28 years of RAF Gypoship! with a huge affinity to the Black Country), but ye cor spell it and ye day bleedin' sound like one!
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Sy V » Fri 17.08.2007, 09:07

Sy V wrote:...what think you?


Actually, I've JFDI...I'll move the threads later when I'm not subjected to the exigencies and distraction of work!
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 29.08.2007, 13:12

I'll be in Newcastle this weekend.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby ailwyn » Wed 29.08.2007, 20:30

geoffsmith wrote:I'll be in Newcastle this weekend.
:smt023 :smt038 :smt039
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests