West Mids Meet - Next meet? - Hawbridge Inn, 25/10/12

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby richm100 » Tue 21.08.2007, 21:22

And guess who was kicking his heels at the Talbot Belbroughton blissfully unaware that the venue had changed from Belbroughton to Chaddesley Corbett and didn't have Sy's mobile number in phone?

Plonker

Maybe another time

Richard Steele
User avatar
richm100
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 12:54

Postby Sy V » Wed 22.08.2007, 05:23

Richard

We wondered where you were. Knowing now, you'll kick yourself when you re-read my e-mail, where it says (not Belbroughton). Oh well.

A couple of new faces and a few surprise attendees - general consensus was that we'll do it again in September (to catch the Indian summer).
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Gee0 » Wed 22.08.2007, 16:08

:agree:

It was a really enjoyable evening and nice to put faces to names.

I would like to thank everyone for making us newbies feel very welcome indeed.

:smt038

Gerry
User avatar
Gee0
Fanatic
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 23:03
Location: Stourport on Severn

Postby philip_sloper » Wed 22.08.2007, 17:23

Good to meet you all, new faces and old.
Phil
User avatar
philip_sloper
Fanatic
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun 20.04.2003, 12:07
Location: Nr Stourbridge, West Midlands

Postby Sy V » Sun 02.09.2007, 13:45

How does Tues 18th Sept at the Talbot Chaddesley Corbett sound?
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby philip_sloper » Sun 02.09.2007, 17:42

Sorry Sy, can't make that one.
User avatar
philip_sloper
Fanatic
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun 20.04.2003, 12:07
Location: Nr Stourbridge, West Midlands

Postby Gee0 » Sun 02.09.2007, 19:17

That looks good for me Sy.
User avatar
Gee0
Fanatic
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 23:03
Location: Stourport on Severn

Postby Sy V » Mon 03.09.2007, 06:51

At this early stage it wouldn't be impossible to change it to the Thursday of the same week - Would that help Phil?
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Gee0 » Mon 03.09.2007, 08:39

I now cant make that week at all
User avatar
Gee0
Fanatic
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 23:03
Location: Stourport on Severn

Postby Sy V » Mon 03.09.2007, 17:07

Not the best start we've had, looks like I'll be sat with me mates... Another week perhaps?
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby philip_sloper » Mon 03.09.2007, 18:14

I can make w/c 24th September, Wednesday or Thursday.
User avatar
philip_sloper
Fanatic
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun 20.04.2003, 12:07
Location: Nr Stourbridge, West Midlands

Postby Sy V » Tue 04.09.2007, 08:27

OK.

Thursday 27th it is then...
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby a5gcd » Tue 04.09.2007, 18:24

Sy, I am away until 05 Oct so won't be able to make that.

Geoff
User avatar
a5gcd
Fanatic
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue 14.12.2004, 16:30
Location: Lower Broadheath, Worcester

Postby Sy V » Wed 05.09.2007, 04:44

Geoff

I read your post about yours and Mr P's French travels. We'll press on with this date in Sept and arrange something for Oct at a later date... if you don't mind.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Gee0 » Wed 05.09.2007, 11:35

I am afraid Tuesdays and Thursdays are out for me for the next 2-3 months.
User avatar
Gee0
Fanatic
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 23:03
Location: Stourport on Severn

Postby philip_sloper » Mon 24.09.2007, 19:27

Are we still on for this Thursday?
User avatar
philip_sloper
Fanatic
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun 20.04.2003, 12:07
Location: Nr Stourbridge, West Midlands

Postby Sy V » Tue 25.09.2007, 12:12

Yep So far we have Thee, Me, Jason, Nicky confirmed.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Sy V » Wed 26.09.2007, 13:58

Even the forecast is looking good.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Sy V » Thu 27.09.2007, 12:38

25% chance of a shower this evening but given the squall I drove Stripey through on Monday morning between Norwich and Marham, I know the hard top's up to it.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Sy V » Wed 13.02.2008, 09:31

Proposing the first meet of the year pre-Donington.
So, let's say Thursday 20th March 2008.
About 19:00 onwards at the Talbot Chaddesley Corbett
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests