Higher compression or boosted engines generally require a smaller plug gap and a higher ignition voltage.
I think with the increase boost you should go smaller on the gap
| Home | WikiLEC | Repairs | Upgrades | Gallery | Buy & Sell | Mountain Chips | Meets & Events | Contact |
|
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
Higher compression or boosted engines generally require a smaller plug gap and a higher ignition voltage.
F1 LOTUS wrote:I remember when you first did this, I thought it was a great mod' then, and I'd imagine very popular if you are able to offer this as a bolt-on kit![]()
Another weapon to fight the Elans' cooling issues![]()

Doc Fizzix wrote:I have been reading up on this and just came accross this statement:Higher compression or boosted engines generally require a smaller plug gap and a higher ignition voltage.
I think with the increase boost you should go smaller on the gap
Elanlover wrote:Marie, with all the work you've done on the dash, I was curious to know if you've considered doing a new fascia? I'm interested in doing one myself and installing an LCD display for GPS use. But, I think I'd need to source an entirely new set of fan and heater controls and that large module takes up too much space.
If you've looked behind there would you have any thoughts on if replacing those components is possible? Easy to source a new set of smaller AC and hazard switches.
lotusgirlmarie wrote:Not to rain on your parade entirely but you do realize tthat the switches are not all "easy " to find replacements for as the turn signals also go through the hazard switch. I had thought about doing another dash entirely like that of an Esprit but opted not to as my whole build thus far is modernize the car yet still leave it in a realm that the factory would have come to had the car still been in production. Putting a huge double din radio, though it would be kinda neat would not leave the dash looking very Lotus.
I have an Alpine IVAD 900 flip out unit in the car currently with navigation and am quite happy with the results. My only dislike is that the color of the buttons is green instead of amber. A quirk that may eventually get fixed if I feelI have the time to do it. I've already done what i wanted to do with the dash in removing the 2 blanking switches and suede covering the fascia. The dash looks cleaner and less cluttered + being that it is now wrapped in real suede it has the look and feel of a really high end automobile and I feel the dash finally lives up to the Lotus badge on the nose.
lotusgirlmarie wrote:Not to rain on your parade entirely but you do realize tthat the switches are not all "easy " to find replacements for as the turn signals also go through the hazard switch.

lotusgirlmarie wrote:None as of yet, but I haven't fully tuned it to 16PSI yet. What kind of boost controller are you running?
Return to Projects - Car (Major)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests